Lodge at Whitefish Lake
Grouse Mountain Lodge(Whitefish)(Great Value!)
$159
Hampton Inn & Suites Whitefish(Whitefish)(Great Value!)
$169
Best Western Rocky Mountain Lodge(Whitefish)(Great Value!)
$174
$127
Downtowner Inn(Whitefish)
$110
The Pine Lodge on Whitefish River(Whitefish)(Great Value!)
$139
$116
Kandahar Lodge(Whitefish)(Great Value!)
$129
$100
The Firebrand Hotel(Whitefish)(Great Value!)
$142
  • Restaurant
Crestwood Resort(Whitefish)
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,171 results
All reviewswhitefish lakeboat clubsky bridgegas fireplaceviking buildingstuffed bearboat housefree valet parkingsoaking tubski clubbedroom condolarge bathroomglacier national parkmain buildingcoffee barbeautiful settingfull kitchen
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Location, building and grounds are excellent, staff very friendly and helpful and the level of cleanliness is top-notch. Our room was spacious and airy.

On another note, the food is completely average and the the drinks are a disaster. Order beer, or make sure to specify your ingredients and supervise the mixing. The bartenders were attentive and polite, but when I ordered an Old Fashioned and a Black Russian for close to $20.00 for both drinks I was completely disappointed. The Old Fashioned tasted like a cherry orange soda water and the Black Russian was made with cheap rail Vodka and Mrs. T's Coffee Liqueur. Disgraceful.

Overall it is a nice place, good for couples (young or mature) and families.

Room Tip: Main building, lake view rooms are the best. The Viking building across the street is very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We took our family of 5 for the labour day long weekend. We had a great weekend and would definitely return. Hoping to go back during ski season. I think we had an experience similar to other reviewers, but I will summarize here:

Pros
- Beautiful setting! It doesn't get much better than this - right by the lake and very picturesque
- Shuttle service to and from town is fantastic. The guys on the shuttle are very super friendly and the everyone is more than happy to accommodate you - no need to worry about drinking/driving, parking etc.
- Pool and hot tub is clean and nice temperatures. Lots of seating and atmosphere discourages rough-housing so quite peaceful
- Rooms and overall hotel are very clean, modern decor, beds very comfortable, spacious rooms with balcony
- Front desk staff super friendly and helpful - really willing to make your stay superb
- Bell desk staff also wonderful
- Manager in restaurant really wanted to make experience better - a few of our meals ended up being on the house after issues
- Prices at marina are very reasonable and friendly, flexible staff. Our kids did paddle boarding and kayaks and really enjoyed

Cons
- I expect an exceptional restaurant with a hotel at this cost per night, this is far from the case. Service is slow and food is mediocre at best with high prices. Breakfast took 1 hour to arrive and that was after several other issues. A dinner also took 1 hour. I think the hotel needs to re-vamp everything food-related. A good start might be to put the front desk, bell and shuttle staff on as restaurant staff! They are so far superior in customer service and offerings. Luckily the shuttle is there so you can leave and get a great meal elsewhere (which is what we did)
- Service at pool is spotty. Our first round of drinks both days came out very fast and the second round took 30 minutes.
- Pool area gets pretty untidy by late afternoon. No staff came to remove all the discarded towels on ground and draped over chairs. It was pretty obvious that folks were not coming back to their chairs
- We had card key issues where some would work and others wouldn't - other travelers complained of same - didn't get resolved when they replaced them... we gave up and just used the ones that worked - not a big deal but can cut into time enjoying your holiday

All told, this is a great hotel with a restaurant issue. I suspect they will figure it out, customer satisfaction is obviously important to them.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Had dinner here and had a great meal. We had great service, were seated immediately and did not have to wait for drinks or food. The view is beautiful. The pool is very nice with outside bar. We enjoyed watching the sunset from the marina. A really pretty property. I did not see the rooms but would definitely stay if they were like the public areas.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My wife, two kids and I visited the Lodge for the first time in August, 2013. I chose it because we wanted to be somewhere near Glacier National Park, but at a somewhat upscale yet still "rustic" lodge or resort. The Lodge at Whitefish Lake mostly filled the bill for us. We stayed in the area for five days, which was just right for us. Any longer than that and I think we would have been a bit bored. On to the review...

Positives:
- The lake view is beautiful.
- The property is nice and in good shape; it appears they keep the place up nicely.
- The staff, for the most part, is incredibly friendly and outgoing. We had one waitress that was a little absent-minded but other than that it was quite remarkable how friendly and accomodating everyone was.
- The concierge, though a bit slow via email, did a great job for us. They booked our zip line tour, red bus tour, fly fishing and spa treatments. We were quite happy with everything they did for us.
- Boat House restaurant food was very good; and if you can get "Brandon" as your waiter...get him. One of the best waiters I've ever encountered.
- Although the lodge is a bit cozy in size, we had enough to do if we stayed there. We rented kayaks, paddle boards and jet skiis (twice). They also have boat rentals - they were fairly new. They also have a walking/hiking path behind the rear units, though we didn't get out there.
- Our room (# 234) was plenty big for the four of us. It also had a nice little frig and kitchenette set up, as well as a gas fireplace and seating area. We rarely bumped into each other.
- Free valet service! Yes, I tipped them every time so it wasn't really "free", but quite reasonable compared to other resorts I've stayed at.

Negatives:
- At $400/night for the lake view room, it's a bit pricey.
- It appears most of the lake view rooms overlook the restaurant, bar, pool and wedding reception areas. Our room was RIGHT ABOVE the bar area and the deck outside the main Boat House bar. Fortunatey only one night was quite loud - with some drunken guys wrapping up about 1:30 a.m. The windows and glass doors leading out to our little deck were good quality and blocked quite a bit of the noise, but nonetheless I could hear it and most of us had a hard time sleeping that night. And why they allow wedding receptions to take place in a big white tent right underneath most of the lake view rooms is beyond me. Clearly they want the revenue, but at what expense? So if you're thinking you'll get a nice, tranquil, lake view room - think again if you're renting on the weekend days/nights. I'm guessing they end up discounting your room if you complain, but we didn't complain since it was only one night.
- Wait staff is hit or miss. Most of them were very friendly, but out by the pool they seemed to have a hard time getting around to everyone on a regular basis (and the pool isn't that big). It causes you to get up and walk to the tiki bar if you really want something. Not the end of the world, but if you want to sit and soak up the sun, be prepared to get a little exercise now and then.
- Food delivery time was slow in the restaurant. We ate at the main Boat House restaurant several times and each time the food delivery was quite slow. Fortunately the view makes up for it.
- Spa was so-so. My wife said there was no real special treatment feel to it; for instance they don't offer you a robe and tea when you first show up...they just plunk you down in a waiting room. I'm not a spa kind of guy so it doesn't sound like a big deal to me, but my wife said it didn't really compare to most of the spas she's visited at other decent resorts.
- Concierge, while helpful, was quite slow to reply to emails. I normally waited a week or so before hearing anything back from the concierge; and they never put their name on an email which I thought was a little odd. I allowed plenty of time to plan for the trip, so this wasn't a big bother, but if you're rushing your plans you might want to get a name and phone number and be diligent in your follow up.
- Roll away bed costs $. We ordered a roll away bed and no one mentioned that it cost anything. Maybe we're naive, but to find out it was $40/night was a bit of a shock. The manager removed the cost when we checked out, which was nice.
- Property size is somewhat small. Don't book here if you're expecting a place that you can stroll for quite a while. Walking tip to tip at this property might take you 2-3 minutes; not a big deal for us because we booked many activities.

Overall we liked the resort quite a bit and we'll probably come back here in several years. I would definitely request a room either on the third (top) floor, way off to the side away from the bar area (but still with a lake view) or else I'd consider a room in the building near the nature preserve. You'd miss out on the lake view from your room, but the peace and quiet at night might be worth it.

Room Tip: Careful of the lake view rooms right above the bar/restaurant; ask for something on the third floor and the north end of the building, that's your best bet to get away from the weekend, late-night party sounds.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank strokeoluck
Reviewed August 26, 2013

A lovely place to stay after more rustic accommodations in the mountains. The room was superb, the restaurant inviting with view of the pool, dock, lake, and mountains. Most of all, the staff throughout the property were competent, friendly, informative

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple