This hotel seems like a great place for destination weddings and honeymoons to make your friends jealous. It was indeed beautiful. However for a couple of roadtrippers who were really just interested in a fireplace, comfy chairs and a room with a view, this hotel was way too much. It was a huge facility with mandatory valet and bellman services. Losing easy access to our car (in which we had traveled 2500 miles to get there) did not feel like a luxury.
Like many resorts, there was no complementary breakfast, no free coffee in the lobby. The coffee stand in the lobby ($4 for a plain old cup o' joe) didn't open till after 7 AM. The meals in the restaurant were good but expensive; the bar/grill was better. There was a nice dining deck outdoors, as well as a bar down by the pool and boat docks.
All the staff were very cheerful. We really appreciated the concierge who arranged Glacier NP tours for us.
The room was fine, though the kitchenette was stocked with nothing but glassware. The two club chairs in front of the gas fireplace were cozy, but there was no reading lamp to go with them. Our "partial lake view" was very partial. The door to our porch had a broken lock. Altho we were on the 3rd floor, people from the neighboring room could have easily gotten in. The front desk people only responded with a shrug when we told them.
This was not quite the $300/night experience I was looking for. My recommendation: fewer bellman; more attention to comforts in the room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lodge at Whitefish Lake is a mile from downtown Whitefish between Whitefish Lake and the Viking Creek Wetland Preserve. Offering classic hotel rooms in our Viking Lodge, suites in our main Lodge, Lakefront condominiums, and the Viking Creek Luxury Homes, The Lodge at Whitefish Lake has the perfect lodging accommodation for a wide variety of guests! On-site amenities and services include the Boat Club Lounge & Restaurant, the Spa at Whitefish Lake offering full day spa services, the Coffee Dock Cafe, (seasonal) Lakefront Tiki Bar, the full-service Marina at Whitefish Lake, Viking Falls indoor pool & hot tub, Lakefront hot tub and seasonal outdoor pool, concierge services, the Mercantile at the Lodge, airport, downtown & ski shuttle service, complimentary valet service, and free parking. As Montana's only AAA Four-Diamond rated property, we look forward to having you as our guests! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Lodge at Whitefish Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lodge At Whitefish Lake Hotel Whitefish
- Hotel Whitefish Lake
- Resort Whitefish Lake
- Lodge At Whitefish Lake Montana