“Amazing Night”

Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Whitefish
Kalispell, Montana
“Amazing Night”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

It starts at the entrance, Valet Parking gets you quickly in the door, but if you like there is a outside fireplace to quickly warm up. The atmosphere is also very nice with a upscale lodge decor. The staff at check in was very friendly. The chairs around the large fireplace inside make it very comfortable to sit and relax after a day skiing or if you just wanted to sit and talk. We stayed in the Flathead Suite for the night and could not be happier. Full Kitchen, Dining Room, Living Room, Copper Sinks, and Slate Shower along with an amazing view of Whitefish Lake made it an very very nice experience. I would estimate the suite to be close to 1,700 sq feet or even larger. It feels like you are in your very own cabin. In the morning we enjoyed the Spa which is on the base floor. The staff at the Spa were all very nice, and the massage was relaxing. The only issue we had is that it snowed overnight and they started snow plowing at 7am in the morning, while this typically would not be a problem, I would have preferred to sleep in then listen to a snow plow for over an hour. Overall I would highly recommend staying in the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed at the whitefish lodge for 6 nights at the start of March 2013 in a standard view studio suite. This was an excellent room and the whole experience staying there was great. We will definitely be back again. I would highly recommend the Whitefish Lodge.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the lake. The view is worth it
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Mound, Minnesota
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We just returned from a wonderful trip to Whitefish,MT that included a fabulous stay at the Lodge. Our group consisted of 10 high school senior boys, two high school sibling girls, and three parent couples. We took the 24 hour Amtrak train from St. Paul to Whitefish. We arrived about 2 hours late in Whitefish (11 pm) and the hotel staff were ready to meet us with a shuttle! Our group stayed at a variety of rooms: 'standard' Viking rooms, a 1 BR loft, and a 2 BR condo. Each room was beautifully decorated and very clean. The Viking rooms were X-large with a TV, gas fireplace and gorgeous slate tile and woodwork. Throughout our four-day staff, every staff person we encountered were friendly, professional and extremely helpful. We also enjoyed the Wednesday night "seafood" buffet for $10--which had all-you-can-eat shrimp, crab legs and smoked trout. Fabulous deal! The complimentary shuttle service to/from the ski mountain was great, as well as service to the "downtown" for restaurants and some grocery shopping, as well as our trip back to the AMtrak station with mountains of luggage. We had been planning this trip for months, and every person I spoke to on the phone during the planning stage as well as during our stay were super-friendly and accommodating. The value was extraordinary! Thank you Whitefish Lodge!

Room Tip: The 'standard" rooms in the Viking suite are anything but Standards. They are oversized Q...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Tillamook, Oregon
Reviewed March 23, 2013

The short response…..COUNT US IN FOR A RETURN NEXT YEAR TO THE LODGE!!!!!
The longer one….. My wife and I had a simply wonderful time at this magnificent lodge; from the early morning train station pickup, to the easy check-in (rooms ready at 7:30am is NOT standard fare!), spacious and well appointed rooms, to lift-tickets awaiting us and skiing by 11am that same morning, to a very fine reception, great dancing and food in the bar, a nourishing breakfast and fine evening dining, shuttle and on-request transport always available, to the most important attribute: the owners and their staff!
Please accept our most sincere recommendation that you stay at The Lodge!!
Gene

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank GeneTillamook_Oregon
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed March 23, 2013

A year ago we stayed at the Lodge. See our review. We returned this year to just eat in the restaurant since it was great as we reported in our last visit.

We were not disappointed. The service was the best. Valet parking was just what we needed after a long drive from Canada. We spent a while in the lounge, relaxing, and just soaked up the atmosphere. We went to dinner when the restaurant opened and, again, we were served the best steak I have eaten in a long while. Could not have asked for a more delicious our well served dinner. The service was extraordinarily efficient and attentive. We will certainly return here to eat.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank David H
Mahtomedi, Minnesota
Reviewed March 21, 2013

This year I brought two ski groups to Whitefish via Amtrak. We were met at the depot by several staff who helped us load our gear and luggage into busses and vans. we were whisked to the lodge and our luggage was delivered to our rooms shortly after.
The Lodge provides shuttles to and from the ski area at very convenient times and the city SNOW bus also makes stops right outside the door. The shuttle drivers were awesome, sharing info with us about the area. The ski Valera were very friendly and helpful.
Everyone in the groups raved about the huge and comfy rooms. They all had gas fireplaces. The Viking Lodge rooms are smaller but quieter.Every time we ate in the dining room the food was good and service prompt.

Room Tip: rooms with two queen beds are bigger than those with a king bed. Room 329 is above a loud exhaust fa...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank gnp4me
Snohomish, Washington, United States
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Took the train from Seattle to Whitefish and arrived at 830a on a Thursday morning. They marked me as an early arrival and checked me in as soon as I arrived instead of having to wait for the normal afternoon checkin. I was picked up at the train station and the shuttle driver gave me a tour of downtown Whitefish, pointing out the unique sights and the best places to eat/drink based on my age group. My room was immaculate, the staff were super friendly and accommodating. The pool was closed since I was there in the winter but the hot tub was open and wonderful. I ate in the restaurant twice and the food was great and the wait staff very attentive. I had a fireplace in my room but it was gas/propane (not sure which) and that was a very nice touch but even nicer were the real wood burning fireplaces in the lobby, just outside the entrance to the hotel and the conference center and on the deck overlooking the lake. I loved just sitting on my balcony and watching/smelling the fire. Just like a bonfire on the beach! I will definitely go back...next time in the summer! The hotel is located about a mile from downtown Whitefish and they do offer shuttle service into town but but it was a very pleasant walk which I chose to do when I went into town during the day.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank snohomishjudi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitefish
The Firebrand Hotel
#3 of 6 in West Glacier
Pine Lodge
Pine Lodge
#5 of 17 in Whitefish

Been to Lodge at Whitefish Lake? Share your experiences!