Lodge at Whitefish Lake
The Pine Lodge on Whitefish River(Whitefish)(Great Value!)
$99
Grouse Mountain Lodge(Whitefish)(Great Value!)
$114
Hampton Inn & Suites Whitefish(Whitefish)(Great Value!)
$109
$100
Hampton.com
Chalet Motel(Whitefish)(Great Value!)
$70
Best Western Rocky Mountain Lodge(Whitefish)(Great Value!)
$92
$87
BestWestern.com
Downtowner Inn(Whitefish)
$110
$88
$70
The Firebrand Hotel(Whitefish)(Great Value!)
$124
$113
  • Restaurant
$80
$72
Crestwood Resort(Whitefish)
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,157 results
All reviewswhitefish lakeboat clubsky bridgegas fireplaceviking buildingstuffed bearboat housefree valet parkingsoaking tubski clubbedroom condolarge bathroomglacier national parkmain buildingcoffee barbeautiful settingfull kitchen
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 4, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel. Very picturesque. We stayed in a lakefront suite with two queen beds. Very spacious and nice decor, my wife's words. The kitchenette was lacking some necessities like bowls, plates and utensils? The beds were super comfortable. Restaurant was nice with good service. A little pricey for the dining menu but still a good meal. The lounge menu was much better value. The staff at the hotel was very accommodating with any requests or questions we had.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here because of the rustic mountain lodge atmosphere, however a downside was being able to clearly hear conversations through the bedroom walls. The service and calibre of food in the dining room was inconsistent and substandard for this class of hotel; the breakfast being especially disappointing. The beds were amazing but room service was poor and information given at the front desk was inaccurate.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 12121212KG
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We travelled down to Whitefish the last weekend of October 2012. We were invited to a close friend of mine's wedding, and having been to Whitefish before, I definitely was in for all of the fun! The Lodge was a great place to stay. Had absolutely everything we needed (minus a pool. They have one, but it is outdoor and with it being October, it definitely wasn't open. On that note, a hotel staff member mentioned something about them putting in an indoor one in the near future!) Our room was great. Had a small fridge, microwave, king size bed, flat sceen above the fireplace. Lots of space. The bathroom was ginormous. Everything had that mountain lodge appeal to it. And the Lodge was about 3 minutes from town if you had a craving for some more rowdy nightlife.
I found the staff extremely helpful with everything. The courtesy driver into town was fabulous. Dropped us off and even gave us menu recommendations at the restaurants we were headed to (which I took him up on, and he was right, the organic, grass fed burger was fantastic!) They had a great trivia night in the lounge on the Thursday night which we all partook in. To be honest the only meals we had at the actual Lodge were snacks and such playing trivia or having a drink (think wings and pizza) or the food at the actual wedding (which was fantastic.) This was partly due to us being out and about a lot. The last day we were there, we definitely needed some relaxation, and booked a couples massage at the spa. It was excactly what we needed before the drive home.
I would totally recommend the Lodge at Whitefish Lake to anyone. I know the skiing in the winter is fabulous and the summer is absolutely stunning! We had a great time even in the off season, so you know it has to be good!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We stayed here for four nights. Staff were very helpful, great location and lots of activities for children. We stayed in the Viking lodge, which was nice, just a little out of the way from the main lodge, but overall not a point that would stop us from staying here again. The hotel had everything you would need and more. Lots of nice little touches, like fire pits, hot tubs, and an ice bar outside. Rooms were very clean and comfortable beds. I had only one complaint, and that was they cleaned the hot tub in the Viking lodge every day, which meant it was closed down at the most inappropriate times. When coming back from skiing I really looked forward to this, but three out of four days it was closed. You could go to the main lodge to get in but that was a long walk in a robe! Other than that we really enjoyed ourselves and would stay there again.

Room Tip: Try to get in the main lodge or second floor of the Viking lodge
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 26, 2012

For the aesthetics of the rooms, I'd give a very enthusiastic recommendation. The space in the king room is limited but doesn't feel that way, really. The high ceilings and beautiful finishes more than satisfy. The bed is plush and comfortable. It all feels fairly high-end. The photos of rooms on the website don't quite do them justice. So if you're wondering whether the rooms look like that: Yes, they do. But better.

In fact, the room was very beautiful and the very large bathroom was a treat-- with the stone showers and the extra-deep tub.

I also found staff I encountered to be very pleasant.

I took a king room with lake view. I'm not sure the view was worth the extra money. It's nice to have water out the window. But, really, the "lake" is more like a pond and while nice, not breathtaking. On the other hand, it's hard to measure up when you're a half-hour from Glacier National Park. It seemed like the non-view rooms looked onto small parking areas.

The common areas of the Lodge are nice. Rustic charm, with everything well-designed in well taken care of. I would have liked there to be some outdoor space for strolling but there's really not. I had the idea that the place was tucked away into some woods but that's not really the case.

I had one problem with my room, which while minor to other people might actually dissuade me from staying at the Lodge next time I'm in the area. My room was quite hot, even with the heat and gas fireplace completely shut off. Opening the windows helped -- but smoke from the otherwise charming open fires outside spoiled things a bit and left my clothes smelling less than fresh. Temperature is obviously a factor in comfort.

I ordered from room service. It was good, not great. A hamburger tasted like a frozen patty, though a good one. (Being in the "country," I imagined I'd get amazing beef. Not so much.) Squash soup was nicely spiced but too sweet. The greens and dressing were actually the hit of the meal -- fresh, tasty, nice.

From what I can tell, this is probably the best place to stay in the area (though I've not tried any others). I'm glad I chose it. Unless the room temperature worries you, go for it.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo