Lodge at Whitefish Lake
Hampton Inn & Suites Whitefish(Whitefish)(Great Value!)
$169
Grouse Mountain Lodge(Whitefish)(Great Value!)
$159
The Pine Lodge on Whitefish River(Whitefish)(Great Value!)
$149
$139
Best Western Rocky Mountain Lodge(Whitefish)(Great Value!)
$174
Kandahar Lodge(Whitefish)(Great Value!)
$149
$129
$90
The Firebrand Hotel(Whitefish)(Great Value!)
$142
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Crestwood Resort(Whitefish)
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,167 results
All reviewswhitefish lakeboat clubsky bridgegas fireplaceviking buildingstuffed bearboat housefree valet parkingsoaking tubski clubbedroom condolarge bathroomglacier national parkmain buildingcoffee barbeautiful settingfull kitchen
Reviewed October 17, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights in late September. The lodge personnel were very friendly and accommodating. The rooms were spotless and there were no noises to be heard in rooms near us. We paid for a partial lake view which I did not think was worth the price. However, we had a gas fireplace in our room which was wonderful! One night we dined on the deck of the Boat Club Lounge. We ordered salads and pizza which were very good. There is a good wine store down the street called Alpine Village (convenience store) with a great selection of wines. We also dined at Tupelo Grill and Latitude 48 which were both good restaurants downtown.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NiseKay
Reviewed October 13, 2012

The Lodge at Whitefish Lake is an excellent choice if you're staying in Whitefish.. I believe it's the only hotel that is situated right on the Lake. I made reservations through booking.com but you MUST call the hotel if you want a lakeside view--Otherwise you might find yourself walking through a connection that goes over Wisconsin Avenue to rooms across the street and not even in the main lodge! I upgraded and it was only about $60 more a night from the rate I secured through the booking.com website. We arrived on Amtrak's overnight Empire Builder around 7:30 in the morning. Fortunately, I made reservations for the night before so we could check in right after getting off the train. The staff at Whitefish Lodge had my reservation out on the counter and were expecting us. The room (two queens with Lakeside view) was perfect. They have a nice size kitchen (microwave, cabinets, frig, small coffee maker) with a large countertop with stools for eating, living room area, big flat screen above the fireplace, a nice workspace/desk and great beds--the bathroom was huge and had a shower and a nice large soaking tub. The restaurant was absolutely wonderful with a wide variety of wines.. I had the filet migon..Breakfast was okay.. a nice, but understated buffet, just normal stuff--nothing outstanding, but it was only $11.95 each They don't offer meal plans, so you have to factor food into your trip. I'd love to go back during the summer months when going to the pool or the lake would be fun..

Room Tip: Call the hotel to make sure you're in the Lodge and not across the street.. Upgrade to a lakeside or partial lakeside room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ericpinde
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We were going to Glacier and wanted a good place to stay nearby. Checked out places on tripadvisor and decided to stay here even though it is 30 min to Glacier. It is an easy drive to Glacier and over the Going to the sun road and back all in one day. We were not disappointed with the Lodge and our one night stay turned into three nights b/c it was so delightful. We also got a tip from a tripadvisor review that if you want two rooms to ask about renting one of the condos. We did as we were traveling with another couple and it was perfect. The condo was right on the lake, nicely decorated and fully supplied kitchen. We loved sitting on the deck overlooking the lake and watching the sunset. We were advised that the condos are all individually owned and decorated and it is the luck of the draw as to what yours might look like. The pool at the Lodge was very nice and we found the food and the service perfect. We also sat one afternoon at the bar by the pool. It was a bit noisy and crowded but not objectionable. Whitfish is a lovely little town and fun to explore. If we were back in the area, we would definetly stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I stayed at the Lodge at Whitefish Lake on vacation. This is an upscale property, but my stay was disappointing.

Property: The hotel and grounds are beautiful. The hotel and restaurant overlooked the lake and there is also a nice pool. The hotel is decorated in a rustic fashion. Note that there are rooms in a building on the lake and also rooms in a building across the road in front of the hotel (there is a sky bridge). We stayed in the building across the road. There was a hot tub on the patio in our building which was very nice, but I noticed that the railing on the hot tub was loose. The staff is a mixed bag. The staff member who checked me out was very nice and friendly. The staff member who checked me in and other staff members were not especially friendly or helpful.

Room: The room was a mixed bag as well. My room was large and had a nice bathroom with plenty of room. The bed was comfortable. However, I was not able to control the temperature in the room to get it cool enough to sleep (I'm very hot-natured, so this may not be an issue if you're cold-natured). The HVAC would run a few minutes and then cut off. It would not come back on again. I had maintenance in my room both nights I was there because the air conditioner would not keep the room cool. They suggested that I just open the window. I would have been OK with this except that, as I mentioned, we were in the building across the road and our room faced the road. This is a busy road and I was not able to sleep with the noise.

So, in summary, I would not stay here again. This property has the potential to be a 5 star, but I believe they need to focus more on details (the loose railing) and making the stay more comfortable (correcting the HVAC issue).

Room Tip: I suspect the lakeside rooms are quieter. The road in front of the hotel is busy and loud.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank LoungeOnTheBeach
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My sister and I stayed in one of their two bedroom condos for one night only in late September. It was moderately decorated and had a lovely view of the lake, but my sister and I were disappointed and surprised that that there was not a shred of carpet or area rug in the unit (it had a good quality laminate floor). I did call the front desk staff right after checking in, reported the problem and asked if there was another unit available. The front desk staff responded "I never heard that one before" and said the only other units available were single queens overlooking the road. I declined that option so the staff offered to check with housekeeping to see if they had any are rugs available. We never heard anything further. The next morning when we checked out I went out of my way to let the front desk manager know that I was not happy with the lack of rugs/carpeting in the unit. She apologized and thanked me for reporting it (but did not offer to reduce the bill). Other things of note: the restaurant had decent food and excellent service as well as a great view of the lake, but I felt it was overpriced. The outside Tiki bar had a nice location overlooking the lake but was understaffed for a good while late in the day. The only bartender could not keep up with the number of guests and even had to leave the bar unattended at times to run over to the main building to get more stock. Overall, some plusses and some minuses.

Room Tip: Condo Unit 115 has a nice view but no carpet or rugs.
Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family