“We loved The Moose!”
Review of Hidden Moose Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Whitefish
Ranked #2 of 10 Whitefish B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 5, 2012

My husband and I have just returned from Whitefish and the most fabulous stay at Hidden Moose Lodge. It was perfectly located so close to town. We stayed in the TreeTops room, one of the Deluxe Jacuzzi rooms in the corner of the lodge. Our room, along with the rest of the lodge, was spacious and clean, and well decorated. I loved the size of the lodge and the homey feel of it. Having our own balcony, and refrigerator in the room, were two huge reasons we picked Hidden Moose. When I booked, the provided breakfast was just an add-on that I didn't think much about. I had no idea how great it would be! Not only was the menu always creative, but the food was delicious and we looked forward to it every day. And I never realized how important it was to have a hearty breakfast before tackling a long hike in Glacier, for instance. But honestly what made out stay the most was the friendly staff. We felt pampered at breakfast and when they offered us a glass of wine when we would arrive back around dinner time. They were always helpful in offering their local expertise on different activities and restaurants. From what I understand, the owners were out of town so the staff was keeping up the place and I thought they did a wonderful job! The icing on the cake was when we decided to stay an additional night, but they were completely booked, so the manager offered to call other lodgings to see what was available for us. She called several lodgings and came back with a list and prices of what was available! I was impressed that she took the time. If I had to name a negative I would say the proximity of the lodge to the road, so traffic can be kind of loud. We were warm at night so we opened the windows to get the cool air, but it was loud so we closed it very early a.m. once the room was cooled off. We can't wait to stay again!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
dabs58, Manager at Hidden Moose Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Leleen T,
We can not thank you enough for your extensive review of the Lodge. Thank you for your time and effort. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and all that Hidden Moose Lodge has to offer. We are truly sorry that we could not accommodate you that additional night. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Stayed one night after a drive through The Road to The Sun in Glacier National Park. We arrived at 9pm and were greeted with a large glass of wine by the owner's son. The room was lovely. The next morning we met the very efficient and friendly Dabney, who had corresponded with us about our reservation. Breakfast was plentiful and delicious. My recommendation is 'excellent' with one caveat. Ask for a room facing away from the road. We were in the newer addition, in the Snow Ghost room. It was private and quiet. If you are a light sleeper, facing the road might be a problem. We loved our stay.

Room Tip: Rooms backing onto the hill are quieter.

Michael R,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on Hidden Moose Lodge. We are happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of our amenities with such a short stay. It pleases us to know that you found myself and the rest of the staff so helpful. Please do come see us again and stay for a bit longer. We know you will appreciate it.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Stayed one night enroute to Glacier. Room was upgraded to a suite. Landscaping is lovely - took a dip in the outdoor hot tub and sat by their waterfall watching deer go by in the woods behind the property. All furnishings are charming and work with the overall ambience. Breakfast on the deck, Grand Marnier french toast, what more could one ask for? I should point out that getting large luggage up their hill and steps can be a bit challenging, although the management offered to help. Otherwise, overall, a wonderful place and actually a rather good value in expensive Whitefish.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
dabs58, Manager at Hidden Moose Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2012

Jan C,
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us at Hidden Moose Lodge. Thank you for noticing all the little details and work that the Taylor Family has put into decorating/landscaping the property. Please, let us help you with your luggage next time you stay with us. We hope to see you sometime again soon,

Reviewed August 1, 2012

As part of out 2+ week road trip we wanted to visit Glacier NP. The things I read at TA lead me to stayed Whitefish,and since we wanted something special we chose Hidden Moose. It was a good choice. We would have stayed longer if we could, but they were fully booked, so our two nights were sufficient. The accommodations and facilities were comfortable and welcoming. The breakfasts were amazing. I wouldn't hesitate to go back.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
dabs58, Manager at Hidden Moose Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

RedRox,
We wish we could have accommodated you for the additional nights, but it was nice to host you for at least a few evenings. We hope you are able to come back again sometime. Thank you for your kind review and taking the time to tell us about your stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

Darling place, cozy, breakfast was yummy... but if you actually want to Sleep & rest- The Hidden Moose Lodge was VERY LOUD! I was downstairs in a queen bed and heard people walking above me all night. Not to mention was near the front and could hear the street traffic. Management was nice enough- but not a good nights rest.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Alison W
dabs58, Manager at Hidden Moose Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2012

Alison W,
We are sorry to hear that you did not rest well while staying at the Hidden Moose Lodge. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your visit. We hope that you will come back to Whitefish again sometime.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Had a delightful five-day stay at the Hidden Moose. Room was big, clean, comfy, great bed, giant bathroom. Loved sitting on the little deck outside the room. Breakfasts were superb- I ate WAY too much, especially the to-die-for quiche. Everything homemade and yummy. Quickly got used to the complimentary glass of wine and pistachios late afternoon. The staff really works to make you feel at home. Location is ideal- a five minute drive from the center of Whitefish, close to loads of good restaurants. An easy thirty minute drive to Glacier, a quiet oasis to return to after a full day outdoors. If we ever get to come back to Glacier, I KNOW where we will stay. You just cannot miss choosing this wonderful place.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
dabs58, Manager at Hidden Moose Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

sallyMinnesota,
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Hidden Moose Lodge. The owners, Kent & Kim, did a wonderful job in the design of the buildings. As you said, each room having it's own deck/balcony is a pretty nice bonus. The location of Hidden Moose is ideal in the summer and winter as well. We are only a 10 minute drive from the lifts of Whitefish Mountain Resort. Be sure to think of us for your next ski vacation and we will be sure to serve quiche while you are here!

Reviewed July 30, 2012

My wife and I were screamed at by the owner on our wedding weekend. There are "fake" thermostats that don't work in the room and the place is garbage. When I called and asked about air conditioning in the room, I was told to open my window because it was cool outside. The thermostat was simply for looks. Horrible, go stay somewhere else.

6  Thank David B