“Nice staff, great beds!”

Grouse Mountain Lodge
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Whitefish
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Nice staff, great beds!”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed at Grouse Mountain Lodge for one night after a two day trip to Glacier. It was perfect! The front desk staff were very friendly and the room was very nice. The beds especially were fantastic. We were even able to bring our dog, for a small fee. It's a little pricey, but well worth it. Would recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Thai first
Greenville, SC
Reviewed August 20, 2013

This is one of Glacier Park Lodging's nicest properties. Located in Whitefish, less than hour's drive from the West entrance to Glacier Park, the Lodge is adjacent to a beautiful golf course. The décor of a traditional lodge is carried out in the furnishings of the lobby and guest rooms. The rooms are large and comfortable with all amenities, including robes, refrigerator, coffee pot and nice dressing/bathroom area. Everyone was quite welcoming, especially the bell captain and front desk personnel. We were very pleased with the quality of the food and service. My husband and I chose to eat on the patio overlooking the golf course for dinner and breakfast. After dinner, our waitress, a charming Amanda, brought our coffee and dessert outside to the cozy seating area around the fire ring. The Lodge also has an indoor pool, hot tubs and spa. A great place to unwind after golf, hiking or biking. Only caveat is that Whitefish is a major rail hub, many trains are arriving and leaving with their accompanying very loud horns. The first night we were there, we left the windows open and the trains woke us up several times. On our second night we closed the windows, turned on the air conditioner and slept like babies in the very comfortable beds. Whitefish is also a charming, well-kept Western town and we would definitely return.

Room Tip: Whitefish is a major train depot, so if you keep windows closed and air conditioner running they wil...
1 Thank Lynda13
Cassandra S, Guest Relations Manager at Grouse Mountain Lodge, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Lynda13,

Thank you for leaving your feedback on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us at Grouse Mountain Lodge. We appreciate your wonderful words describing your experience with the staff, rooms, food, and Whitefish. We were glad to read of your suggestion and solution to the late night trains. We hope you enjoyed the rest or your trip and hope we will see you again at Grouse Mountain Lodge in the future.

Cassandra Sunell
Glacier Park Inc.
Guest Relations Manager
406-863-4715
csunell@glacierparkinc.com
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed August 20, 2013

there are not many hotels in area - and if in the summer, they're all booked - so they have a captive audience - room was not vacuumed - stains on the rug - pillows needed to be replaced - bed too soft -

Room Tip: don't take a loft - as there are 3 beds upstairs and bathroom and LR is down
1 Thank chuck p
Dear chuck p,

Thank you for leaving your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Grouse Mountain Lodge. We were disappointed to read of the your experience with the room, and have notified management of this incident. We deeply apologize of the condition of the room you entered into. We strive for excellence, and this does not reflect our level of standards when accommodating our guests. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Best Regards,

Cassandra Sunell
Glacier Park Inc.
Guest Relations Manager
406-863-4715
csunell@glacierparkinc.com
Miami, Florida
Reviewed August 20, 2013

This lodge was a bit outdated however the staff is very friendly, it has a great location if you are visiting Glacier National Park and the property is clean. They have convenient shuttle buses which run throughout the day. I would recommend for familes traveling to the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Park City, Utah
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

We were at a professional meeting in Whitefish, MT. Nice hotel on a golf course. Seemed pricy but very nice. Close to town and about 25 miles from Glacier National Park. Has a pool and out door hot tub.

• Stayed August 2013
Williamstown, NJ
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Yes, this is my kind of place! Grouse is located minutes from Glacier Nat'l Park. It's a beautiful Lodge with an indoor pool and spa. Our room was very comfortable with a sitting area with tv, a nice little fridge, windows all around (with shutters). The staff was very friendly and I just enjoyed everything about the Lodge.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny and I hardly heard the a/c going off and on.
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I always read the negative reviews of a place before I stay there to make sure there is nothing going on there that I can't live with. I have no idea what the negative reviewers of this place are talking about. My welcome at the from desk was very friendly and gracious. I arrived very much earlier that the stated check in time, so my room was not ready, but they suggested a very nice hiking trail nearby that kept me entertained while I waited. After I finished that they gave me a complimentary ride into, and from town, so I spent no tme at all waiting impatiently. They took good care of my luggage while all of this was going on, and brought it to me quickly when I finally did check in. Every step of the way, all of the staff were very friendly and happy to chat. When I got to my room, I found it to be clean, quiet, nicely appointed, and well equipped. There was an adjustable height oscillating fan in the room, and the windows opened all the way, so I was able to turn off the flippin air conditioner and draw in some fresh Montanna air. I was on the golf course side and they have some very fragrant flowers planted under the windows there, and it was very pleasant. Other reviewers have commented on surly and/or incompetent service in the restaurant. Not so for me. I was served by a lovely young lady named Kenzie, and she could not have been more gracious or competent. I observed other guests being equally well served by Kenzie's co workers. The food was quite a bit better than most hotel based restaurants. I recommend the fried brussells sprouts. Yes, fried brussells sprouts. I know, I know, I don't like brussells sprouts either. But these are good. Trust me. No, they are not breaded and deep fried. They are pan fried, with pistachios and ...I dunno. They are very good. So was the trout. Oh and by the way, the bartender knows the right way to serve Sambuca. This is a very nice place, staffed at every level, and in every department, by people who treated me like they were glad to have me staying with them. I hope that the management here recognizes the value of its assembled workforce and compensates them accordingly.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank SANDJ52
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitefish
Hampton Inn & Suites Whitefish
#3 of 6 in West Glacier
Lodge at Whitefish Lake
Lodge at Whitefish Lake
#2 of 16 in Whitefish

Been to Grouse Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!