“Nice place to stay when visiting Glacier National Park”

Grouse Mountain Lodge
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Whitefish
Miami, Florida
“Nice place to stay when visiting Glacier National Park”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

This lodge was a bit outdated however the staff is very friendly, it has a great location if you are visiting Glacier National Park and the property is clean. They have convenient shuttle buses which run throughout the day. I would recommend for familes traveling to the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Thai first
Park City, Utah
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

We were at a professional meeting in Whitefish, MT. Nice hotel on a golf course. Seemed pricy but very nice. Close to town and about 25 miles from Glacier National Park. Has a pool and out door hot tub.

• Stayed August 2013
Williamstown, NJ
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Yes, this is my kind of place! Grouse is located minutes from Glacier Nat'l Park. It's a beautiful Lodge with an indoor pool and spa. Our room was very comfortable with a sitting area with tv, a nice little fridge, windows all around (with shutters). The staff was very friendly and I just enjoyed everything about the Lodge.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny and I hardly heard the a/c going off and on.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I always read the negative reviews of a place before I stay there to make sure there is nothing going on there that I can't live with. I have no idea what the negative reviewers of this place are talking about. My welcome at the from desk was very friendly and gracious. I arrived very much earlier that the stated check in time, so my room was not ready, but they suggested a very nice hiking trail nearby that kept me entertained while I waited. After I finished that they gave me a complimentary ride into, and from town, so I spent no tme at all waiting impatiently. They took good care of my luggage while all of this was going on, and brought it to me quickly when I finally did check in. Every step of the way, all of the staff were very friendly and happy to chat. When I got to my room, I found it to be clean, quiet, nicely appointed, and well equipped. There was an adjustable height oscillating fan in the room, and the windows opened all the way, so I was able to turn off the flippin air conditioner and draw in some fresh Montanna air. I was on the golf course side and they have some very fragrant flowers planted under the windows there, and it was very pleasant. Other reviewers have commented on surly and/or incompetent service in the restaurant. Not so for me. I was served by a lovely young lady named Kenzie, and she could not have been more gracious or competent. I observed other guests being equally well served by Kenzie's co workers. The food was quite a bit better than most hotel based restaurants. I recommend the fried brussells sprouts. Yes, fried brussells sprouts. I know, I know, I don't like brussells sprouts either. But these are good. Trust me. No, they are not breaded and deep fried. They are pan fried, with pistachios and ...I dunno. They are very good. So was the trout. Oh and by the way, the bartender knows the right way to serve Sambuca. This is a very nice place, staffed at every level, and in every department, by people who treated me like they were glad to have me staying with them. I hope that the management here recognizes the value of its assembled workforce and compensates them accordingly.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank SANDJ52
Maritimer abroad
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Our family recently stayed at the Grouse Mountain Lodge and we had a wonderful stay! Our 2 boys, ages 5 and 2, were welcome guests. Our standard room was lovely and clean and recently updated. The pool was warm and my kids loved it (although there was no shallow end for my 2 yr old to stand independently). The staff were lovely and very welcoming to us and our children. The food was delicious. Really, a great visit. I have no hesitation recommending this Lodge to other families

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We truly enjoyed our stay here. We stayed in one of the suites which had living downstairs and sleeping upstairs. The kids had room with 2 beds. We had king. We loved the extra space downstairs with refrigerator and microwave. The beds were soooo comfortable and the room was very quiet. We enjoyed visiting the quaint bar known as Logan's bar. Our bartender Maria was so attentive and sweet. We enjoyed the place so much that we stayed an extra night. Front desk also gets great marks for us. Great place to unwind and relax. One thing I would do next time is ask for golf course view. We had parking lot view. However, the room was great.

Room Tip: Ask for golf course view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We had heard what a nice city Whitefish is, so decided it had to be a stop on our vacation to Glacier Park. We too heard about Grouse Mountain so the Lodge seemed a good place to try. We were not disappointed. The Lodge is not on the lake but on a golf course which was a bit of disappointment for us, but it has nice grounds The rooms were so comfortable we would have stayed on longer if we had the time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Karen E
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitefish
Hampton Inn & Suites Whitefish
#3 of 6 in West Glacier
Lodge at Whitefish Lake
Lodge at Whitefish Lake
#2 of 16 in Whitefish

Been to Grouse Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!