I stayed at this hotel with a large group of people on a weekend ski trip. The rooms were great and in general, we had a good time, but there was some very suspicious activity. The first night we were there we had dinner and some drinks at the restaurant near the lobby. We were in a large group and had extremely poor service. The waitress was completely overwhelmed and dropped a beer all over some poor guy at the table next to us and then disappeared. The table next to us was a very large group and left before us. When we were ready to pay, the waitress told us that we had to pay for part of the other table's bill because they had left without paying for everything. For some reason they assumed we were together even though we were not interacting with the other table at all. We told them we were not with them and the waitress still wanted us to pay for them. We had to ask for a manager just to get a bill with only our food and drinks on it. It was extremely painful. Then, when we tried to check out, my brother noticed on his bill that there were room service charges that were signed by someone with a totally different name. HIs room bill had also been mixed up with someone from our group who had already checked out and left. The hotel forced my brother to pay the $90 that wasn't even his and said he had to track down the other person who hadn't paid enough and get the money from them. Lucky for us they were very good friends and he got his money back, but imagine if it had been someone who he didn't know very well. Very unprofessional. Then, a week later, several of us noticed that extra charges were showing up on our credit cards. When we called the hotel, they couldn't explain why these extra charges were on our credit cards but still refused to take them off. We had to threaten reporting the fraud to VISA before they would reverse the charges. These repeated episodes cannot be explained by mistake or incompetence and I feel that either staff or management was intentionally trying to steal from us. If you have stayed there recently, I would check your charges and VISA statement to ensure you aren't getting overcharged. I will never stay there again. Even if it was a mistake, they did not apologize or fix it and simply expected us to pay for charges that weren't ours. It was unbelievable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our front doors welcome you to upscale comfort and an authentic Whitefish, Montana lodging experience. This fantastic location leads you to exciting year-round adventure. With 143 beautifully appointed guest rooms, fresh and exciting cuisine in Logan's Bar and Grill, an indoor pool, outdoor hot tubs, day spa, and a substantial list of services and amenities, Grouse Mountain Lodge is one of Montana’s finest lodge resorts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Grouse Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grouse Mountain Hotel Whitefish
- Grouse Mountain Resort
- Grouse Mountain Lodge Whitefish, Montana