“stay at grouse mt. lodge”

Grouse Mountain Lodge
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Whitefish
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We stayed at Grouse Mt. lodge for three nights while exploring Glacier Nt'l park. enjoyed our stay at this very clean and quiet motel. We were usually very tired after a day in the park, so were glad of such a clean and quiet location. Staff was very friendly and accomidating. The hotel is away from the noise of highway and that made our nights even more relaxing. Enjoyed the pool and the extensive gift shop. The restaurant has excellent staff and menu. We ate all our meals at the lodge and enjoyed the varied menu. Some interesting meals prepaired by a well trained and hard working staff. Cudos to all the staff at the lodge.

Room Tip: Be prepaired to spend a little extra for the meals if you eat in their restaurant, and they do offer...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed August 7, 2012

We just returned from a long weekend and were very happy with our accomodations at the Grouse Mountain Lodge. The rooms were large and clean with very comfortable beds. The bathroom could use some updating but overall it was fine. We had breakfast one morning at the lodge - the food was excellent but the service was very poor even though it did not seem very busy. We had to ask for coffee a number of times (the caraffe at our table was empty when we sat down) and then had to search for our own cream, sugar etc. We did return later that day for a drink on the deck and the service was excellent. Golf course & tennis courts very close so that was wonderful.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2012

My Senior parents, my teenage daughter and I travelled by train to Whittefish, MT to see Glacier. We stayed at the Grouse Mountain Lodge for 2 nights and really enjoyed our stay. The room was nice with a nice view and wonderful Beds, all 4 of us thought the beds were like clouds. The room was plenty large to give us elbow room, and nicely appointed. We would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Polly F
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Such a pretty place, too bad the check-in experience was so poor. I don't like giving unsavory reviews, but this is something that requires HUGE improvements.

Thank goodness I had a printed copy of my one nights pre-paid registration with me. The front desk could not find my reservation. I went out to my car and found my printed confirmation. After showing this to the front desk, she still could not find my reservations. Apparently they mixed up the confirmation numbers because my reservation was listed under another name. After this mix up I was told that I could not check in anyway because it wasn't 4:00 p.m.- when it was actually 4:30 p.m. After FINALLYy getting my room key I was told my room was on the south end of the building.....and that was it. No thank you for stayng here or can I help you with anything else? WOW...I felt like I was staying at a cheap hotel. First impressions are everything. Customer service training is BADLY needed here!!!

When I finally got off the elevator to the 3rd floor it was at least 100 degrees. No air conditioning in the hallway, although they did have a fan blowing hot air down the hallway.

So far...not a good experience. BUT...the room was very clean. The bed was fabulous and the air conditioning in the room worked GREAT.

The gal who cleaned the room was very sweet and accommodating. She should be running the front desk.

The furnishings and decor are really nice and the pool looks amazing. The Spa has pretty good prices as well....$10.00 for a lip waxing.

Would I stay here again....probably not. Checking in was such a bad experience, that I would rather stay at the Super 8.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the 3rd floor if the weather is warm!!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank KathyFromOregon
Glacier Park In... M, Manager at Grouse Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Grouse Mountain Lodge. We take your comments seriously and are committed to ensuring that our guests have a memorable visit. Your comments help us in achieving this goal. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced as a result of the break down in protocol at the front desk. Please accept our apologies for the less-than-satisfactory experience. Please be assured that we’ve taken corrective measures to prevent such occurrences in the future.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

We received a gift certificate to Grouse Mountain Lodge from a friend. It was a very nice property, on the golf course. We stayed two nights, but we're more interested in a good value for our money than luxury. We only used the place to sleep and shower and those were just fine.
We're more into the value and even the Super 8 provides a continental breakfast, but nothing was offered here as they prefer that you use their in-house restaurants. (Ok, we're "thrifty")

Room Tip: I think all the rooms would be fine. You have a choice of golf course or parking area for views. R...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We stayed here on the way to Glacier Park.It is a nice facility,clean rooms,good resturant and close to Whitefish.The breakfast was good and reasobly priced.We did not try the poolor hot tub.The concierge was helpful

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank D Burke H
Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

With free pickup from Kalispell airport, reasonable rooms, ok beds, nice service, this is a fine choice in Whitefish. Breakfast in the restaurant can be ridiculously slow and pretty sloppy. Computers were down but they didnt worry too much or make us wait. This is a small town scene with sweet folks.

• Stayed: July 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitefish
Best Western Rocky Mountain Lodge
Belton Chalet
Belton Chalet
#3 of 6 in West Glacier
Cedar Creek Lodge & Conference Center

Been to Grouse Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!