“Great Continental Breakfast!”

Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Whitefish
River Road
“Great Continental Breakfast!”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I stayed here during my visit to West Glacier National Park, This hotel was staffed by the friendliest, most helpful people I have ever met in the hospitality industry. And the Continental breakfast was just excellent; providing fresh melon, home cooked eggs, delicious apple streudel bread, and lots of yummy pastries, in addition to the old bagel and cereal standbys. The hotel itself is a basic style, but it is in a good location on the Big Mountain. Good choice for the budget conscious traveler like myself.

Room Tip: Mgt guarantees you a goodnite sleep by making noisy guests (after 10 pm) pay for your room if they r...
3 Thank WreakHavock

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Glendive, Montana
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We had never been to Whitefish and went there to celebrate a coworkers marriage. We reserved the accomodations online, not knowing exactly what we were about to get ourselves into. My wife, two kids and myself arrive there, I notice that the front doors and all the windows are open. I tell my wife, in a joking way that there is no A/C in the place, only to realize that there is realy no A/C throughout the hotel. Fans in ever room with windows that open. Thank god it was very cool outside. The inside of the room looked like something you would see out of the 60's. Very outdated, very small and smelled like old mold. The hotel brags about being a non-smoking facility, yet there are ashtrays on the front porch of the hotel, with employees taking their smoke breaks on the front porch. The staff was very unprofessional. They would take their smoke brakes on the front porch, while talking on their phones, with the speakers on so you could hear their conversations. The bathrooms in the rooms are extremely small and unaccomodating. There is no room in the showers to do anything. My wife had a hard time shaving her legs in there. There is no room on the bathroom sink to put anything. Most hotels have room to spread out your bathroom necessities, not this one. My son asked me why they had thick blankets on the bed, when they had no A/C, so we had to basically strip down the beds to the basic top sheet just to sleep comfortably. All in all I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. It is overpriced for what you would think would be a nice hotel and is the total opposite of what you would expect of a good hotel, in a excellant mountain resort area. I do not recommend this hotel to anyone. My wife, kids and I were very dissapointed and will never stay here again. Right next door to this place is a very modern, beautiful mountain resort called the Kandahar and is only about $40 more a night with all the modern conveniences that you would expect. Check into there and not the Hibernation House.

Room Tip: Dont reserve a room here. You will be very dissapointed, much like we were. Check into a different h...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank monty_carroll
Great Falls, Montana
Reviewed August 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a weekend in Whitefish. The staff was extremely helpful and the continental breakfast was included. Great for the price, but be aware that this is not a fancy hotel. Bunk beds and a queen bed and kind of a humid/moist smell in each room. It is located on the resort so good access to mountain bike trails, the Danny On Trail, and resort activities such as the alpine slide and zipline.

2 Thank Ashley K
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We are waiting on a refund response from the management. A group of drunk men came back to the hotel at 2am and decided to keep everyone up for more than 2 hours. Breakfast and leaving were the only highlight of this stay.

Room Tip: Stay in a room as far away from the common/breakfast room as possible.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Craig B
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We booked a last minute trip to Whitefish and stayed at the Hibernation House. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I had no real issues with the place. Its not a 5 star hotel, but the value was excellent, including a nice breakfast! There is no air conditioning, the rooms smelt a bit funny, and the bed sagged a bit, but you get what you pay for. We would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank hammy2010
Neenah
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Cathy and the crew took excellent care of us. After my wife suffered a broken leg they went way out of their way to switch our rooms, explore our needs and assist us in every way they could. We could not have been made to feel more at ease. And I thought customer service was a thing of the past...I was wrong....Go to Hibernation House, you won't be sorry.

Room Tip: There is no elevator so plan accordingly
2 Thank william B
Hutsonville, IL
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We stayed here for a couple nights in July prior to going on into Glacier NP. We thought it was excellent value for the money. The staff was some of the friendliest and most helpful of any hotel I've stayed in. Very personal, down to earth, gave us some great recommendations on restaurants etc. in Whitefish. Continental breakfast was good also. Rooms were very basic, but clean. I think what stuck with me the most was the attitude of the staff, they really CARED about your satisfaction. Note, this is up on the mountain in the ski resort, so it's a few miles from Whitefish itself, and there is NOT a lot going on in the resort in the summer. So you have to drive into Whitefish every day for entertainment.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Vicki M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitefish
Kandahar Lodge
Pine Lodge
Pine Lodge
#5 of 17 in Whitefish
Under Canvas Glacier

Been to Hibernation House? Share your experiences!