“Worst restaurant meal ever,”
Review of Haskill Station - CLOSED

Haskill Station
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: new restaurant at the old Pollo Grille location
Calgary
“Worst restaurant meal ever,”
Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

Last night we went to Haskill Station for supper and were served the worst restaurant meal I've ever had. The pork schnitzel had been pounded thinly and coated with crumbs so that it closely resembled thick sandpaper and I couldn't cut it with a knife. After trying to chew it my mouth was seriously lacerated. The sauce was very acidic so not appetizing. The side salad would have been fine except the honey mustard dressing was also extremely acidic. The most edible item on the plate was the steamed rice. When I told the waitress that the meat was tough she didn't do anything except tack on and 18 percent gratuity. Fortunately I will never have to eat at this restaurant again.

Visited February 2014

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great food, fun/quirky atmosphere”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Ate at Haskill Station several times during our recent stay in Whitefish. Very good quality food, indeed beyond pub grub. Steelhead Trout was fantastic. Relaxed atmosphere worked well with kids. When you are done, treat yourself to game of Donkey Kong - there is an old video game tucked in teh corner of the front porch of the restaurant.

• Visited January 2014
Calgary, Canada
“More than just pub grub”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

My friend and I stopped in here for dinner and a beer after skiing. Turned out to be an great meal. Friendly staff, great decor with a casual (but not tacky) vibe. Entrees were worthy of upscale restaurant (he had meatloaf, I had macedamia-encrusted steelhead). Good beer selection too. I would go out of my way to eat there again!

• Visited January 2014
whitefish
“Delicious burgers”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Surrounded by comforting old (actually new) décor and excellent service, we enjoyed delicious burgers and quality draft beer. The only downside is the price. Outside seating is great but can get chilly fairly quickly.

• Visited September 2013
Missoula, Montana
“Calm & Comfortable”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

A friend and I went to Haskill Station for dinner while in Whitefish, Montana. The restaurant had a nice vibe to it along with a good location on the way to Whitefish Mountain. The menu presented interesting and unique dishes. We both thought that our dinner entrees were very good and that the wait staff were very attentive. I would recommend it without hesitation.

• Visited October 2013