“Glad we gave it another shot!”
Review of Haskill Station - CLOSED

Haskill Station
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: new restaurant at the old Pollo Grille location
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Our first visit here was about two years ago, and it was nothing special. We decided to give it another go the other day, and we're so glad we did. We arrived in time for 'apres ski', even though we were in 'civilian' clothes, lol. We were the first ones there, and we decided to sit at the bar. We ordered beers and looked over both the apres and regular menu. We had a cup of the soup du jour (an African peanut soup) and the potato soup. Both were very well done...I was worried the potato might be 'gloopy', but it had a very nice texture...not too heavy,, but with a lot of flavor, and the peanut soup had just the right amount of spice. We split the tacos, which had a lovely combination of spice, crunch, and meat, and continued on to a bison meatball on maque choux (a garlicky corn 'relish') and a meatloaf sandwich. The meatball was moist and one was plenty; the corn had bacon and onions and was a perfect pairing. The sandwich was served on a nice bun and came with fries; both of these dishes were under $10. We were very pleased with both the quality and value. It started to get a little busier as we were leaving, and they were setting up for an 'open-mike' night when we left, so it might be worth while sticking around for the entertainment! (Wednesday nights.)

1  Thank MontanaHappyVacation

Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Had a nice Argentinian wine with the fish salad which was wonderful. Ate at the bar and had great service from the bartender go was wearing a beautiful handmade necklace from South America. My favorite funky atmosphere in Whitefish! Great place for both kids and adults.

1  Thank MontanaLaura
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We have been to this restaurant numerous times and this is the first time we have been so disappointed. The kids pasta was cold, my husbands favourite Dragon wings were no longer coated and tasteless on top of it, the Naan Wrap had sour cream instead of yoghurt and the wine was bad. We tried 4 different types! I will definitely give them one more try as we have had great food there in the past but I hope it's better next time. Much better!

Reviewed January 25, 2013

We were just in Whitefish for the long weekend and stayed at The Lodge. On our way down the mountain the Snowbus driver suggested that we get off at the first stop and check out Haskill Station's Apres Ski menu.. and are we ever glad that we did! First of all, one dollar for a pint of PBR? My husband thanks you. And then there was the food.. we had shredded pork sliders and meatballs off of the Apres menu, they were amazing and cheap! So we decided that with food this good and this cheap, we should try their dinner menu. Our wonderful server sold me on the special, which was the most amazing curry trout that I have ever eaten. My husband ordered their St. Louis style ribs which was a decision that guaranteed we will be returning to Whitefish for many years to come. To finish off our meal we had a huckleberry brownie sundae, which I'm told is a local favorite and understandably so. We highly recommend Haskill Station to anyone in the area. The extraordinary food, and the quintessential decor make the place well worth checking out.

2  Thank Melissa P
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I love the Haskill Station! It is a great place to go to have some good food with a local feel, great beer and wine selection from the northwest and great food!

4  Thank Danielle M