“Greasy chicken? Who are you people?”
Review of The Shak - CLOSED

The Shak
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Southern Fried Chicken, Hickory Smoked BBQ, Catfish, Shrimp and Awesome Loaded Smoked Potatoes.Voted #1 in Whitefish for dinner on a budget! Our customers also voted us #1 in the Flathead Valley for BBQ and Southern Fried Chicken. We are also now serving Catfish,a South Louisiana favorite I guarantee.....
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I read through some of the reviews and noted that a couple people had claimed that The Shak's chicken was "greasy". I honestly cannot figure out why anyone would think so. The chicken at The Shak is the least breaded "Southern Fried" chicken I have encountered, yet the delightfully spiced skin does an excellent job of sealing in all the flavor the chicken has to offer. The only way this chicken could be considered greasy is if the previous reviewers don't know the difference between grease and juice. The chicken was oozing juice, not grease. Chester fried (or most supermarket chicken) is way over breaded and holds in a lot of grease resulting in skin that slides off when you bite in and yellow grease marks on your napkin. None of that will be found at The Shak. I was born and raised in Georgia and spent my summers with grandparents and extended family in Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana. The Shak is the real deal.
Pulled pork and Brisket sandwiches are also great!

2  Thank RushMT

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I'd rather eat gas station chicken. Being from the south, I know what fried chicken should taste like.

2  Thank Tyler D
ckmayeaux, Owner at The Shak, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

As a "Southerner" who eats; chicken, ribs, steak, crawfish, gator, frog legs, fried turkey, gizzards, boudin, coon, squirrel, rabbit and anything else that runs or crawls, I along with a ton of customers have raved about the chicken. I normally go to gas stations for gas, but hey that's me. This reminds me of the commercial where the guy stops at a gas station and gets sushi.....eikes but to each his own. Sometimes you can't please a sophisticated pallet of every customer who eats at out of the way places.

By the way, if you are not completely satisfied then first tell us when we ask you the third time or fourth and we will gladly get you something else or refund your money.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

If your looking for a fancy restaunt to take your millionaire cousin from Switzerland, this may or may not be your place. They have plastic utensils and paper plates. But the food is well worth the wait:) don't be fooled by its looks. The staff is always making sure the food is excellent, if its not to your likings they will fix it.

1  Thank BBQ4lifee
Reviewed May 9, 2013

A very friendly staff and the food is great. I recommend everyone to try the loaded smoked potato. It was the best meal we had!

1  Thank Luvinlife94
Reviewed May 8, 2013

There's nothin' like chicken when you're gettin' a hitchin'! We are from Canada and our daughter got married in Whitefish in Oct 2011. We scanned the internet for food ideas for the rehearsal party and decided to try "THE SHAQ". What a pleasant surprise when we picked up our food (125 pieces of chicken). The food was hot, meat was moist and crispy and the pieces where HUGE! Everyone asked where we got this delicious chicken. We stopped in for lunch again this week and found the staff very friendly, place was clean, price was right the food just excellent AGAIN! We'll be back again on our next visit.

1  Thank Armand L