“Great bbq-- one of the best!!!”
Review of The Shak - CLOSED

The Shak
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Southern Fried Chicken, Hickory Smoked BBQ, Catfish, Shrimp and Awesome Loaded Smoked Potatoes.Voted #1 in Whitefish for dinner on a budget! Our customers also voted us #1 in the Flathead Valley for BBQ and Southern Fried Chicken. We are also now serving Catfish,a South Louisiana favorite I guarantee.....
Reviewed August 16, 2011

At the recommendation of friends, we stopped in on the way to the airport. Great bbq sandwiches. The slaw and baked beans are also standouts.

1  Thank Ken M

Reviewed August 15, 2011

Stopped at the Shak while vacationing in Whitefish. My family and I enjoyed the meals that we purchased. We tried the pulled pork, and beef brisket, with sides.
My daughter enjoyed the sweet potato fries. My wife enjoyed her pulled pork sandwich. I enjoyed my beef brisket but it was a little overdone. The coleslaw was very good. The sauces were good. We went back twice during our stay.
The owner was very engaging.

Reviewed August 15, 2011

Great Food Great Service and the Friendliest people in town

Reviewed August 14, 2011

The food is incredible - even my 12 year old son loved it. The price was ok, but considering it was peak tourist time, it was very comparable to or better than other restaurants in Whitefish.

The staff were very engaging and entertaining. The decor was quaint and fun. Would eat there again.

Reviewed August 14, 2011

Great food, and affordable. The ribs were fantastic and the sides are really great! The fried chicken is excellent. Portions are hearty and you won’t go away hungry. I had the 3 rib plate thinking I would go away a little hungry, I was wrong, I went away stuffed. The ribs had more meat on them than any ribs I have ever had. The flavor was excellent smoky juicy and tender, they were so good I didn’t use any barbecue sauce. This is real country Cajun cooking, I'm going back for crawfish etufee and ribs of course and the chicken and the sides. The owners and staff are really friendly and take great pride in their food and it is truly a great dining place. Great place! check it out,it is a cut way above the rest!