“Christmas Eve”

Boat Club Lounge & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Boat Club Lounge & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 95 Restaurants in Whitefish
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Highway 93
Description: The Boat Club offers guests four separate dining experiences for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Our lakefront dining room provides guests with specialty coffees and a la carte breakfast including classics and house specialties. Start the day off right with inspiring views of serene Whitefish Lake! We offer the only lakefront dining in Whitefish, and the Lounge provides the ideal setting for a casual lunch or dinner. Enjoy salads, sandwiches, and flatbreads, and every Wed, Fri & Sat, live music! Venture to the poolside Tiki Bar & Grill during our summer season, where you'll find a laid-back atmosphere, blended drinks, and fresh food off the grill. For a special occasion, make a reservation in the Boat Club Dining Room. We offer the finest specialty steaks from Allen Brothers and Montana Wagyu Cattle Company, regionally sourced produce, and fresh fish. The Boat Club offers dishes exquisite enough for the most discerning palate yet filling enough for the active adventurer. See you soon!
Reviewed December 29, 2013

This was the first time we ever ate out for Christmas eve and we had a lovely dinning experience with a beautiful sunset over the lake. The prime rib was fantastic and the potatoes were light and fluffy. The wagu meat was excellent. My kids enjoyed the filet mignon too. Our waitresss was friendly and considerate and finally the desert was a tasty end to an exceptional meal. Great experience!

Reviewed December 26, 2013

We had gone to the Boat Club for Thanksgiving dinner and were impressed by the varied spread in the buffet. That meal was excellent except for the inedible pumpkin pie.
After that fine dining time we decided that the Boat Club would perfect for our Christmas meal. Going to the well twice was not a great idea.
As per usual the hostess was her gracious and warm self and we were shown immediately to our table. The busboy quickly filled our water glasses and the waitress brought over two menu's to chose from. The bar and restaurant fares. We ordered the salmon smoked artichoke dip which was fine and was actually a bit too much for the three of us. We also started with a small Caesar salad which was excellent
For the meal my wife ordered a petite steak and mashed potatoes. My son ordered a hamburger, and I ordered the bison burger. This is were the meal went down hill. My wife said that the mashed potatoes had zero flavor and she did not eat them. She had ordered a sauce to go with her steak and it came out cold like butter. The bison burger was fine, except the bun was cold. The coup de grace for the meal was the French onion soup which had been doused with a baking seasoning like nutmeg. I told the manager this, and she nicely removed it from the bill and then did not follow up to tell us that an error had been made and therefore corrected by the cook staff.
My son dissected his burger and left most of the meal on the plate. His side for the burger was another Caesar salad, and this one he said had very little dressing.
In summary, we have enjoyed the Boat Club before, but the sour taste left after this half-hearted attempt at Christmas dinner left us not wanting to go back for quite a while. Maybe we will go back when we can sit outside and enjoy the lake views.
The bill was $124.0 plus tip for this meal and we only drank water. So it is not cheap to have a meal there. If I were to have another buffalo burger, I would rather go to Scotty's south of Kalispell and have theirs. Maybe the Boat Club just tries too hard and are unable to nail it.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Boat Club overlooks Whitefish Lake, a very pretty view. We have eaten outside and in the dining room. The food is vey good at both. My husband enjoys the prime rib on the weekends. The Mothers Day brunch was amazing!

1  Thank Sharon S
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

So I sat the bar here and ordered some of the famous boat club chips and a pint of beer. The bartender deliverd my beer and I said I asked for a pint, he said it was. I said no this is not a pint it's light. He gave me an arrogant look and said it was. I ordered another after my chips were done and purposefully stole the glass. I figured I'm sure they are ripping me off so an eye for an eye. I brought the the glass home and compared the volume to an actual pint and it only held 14.5 oz, someone needs to report this place to the liqour board because that is highly illegal but I guess the food and service is so bad that they only expect one time visits anyway.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

So peaceful. Beautiful scenery. Service was excellent. Food was abundant and very tasty. Iced tea tasted like tea (wasn't watered down). Didn't dislike anything about the experience. Can't wait to stay at the Lodge.