“5 Star Experience/Luxury at Garden Wall Inn”
Review of Garden Wall Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Whitefish
Garden Wall Inn
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Whitefish
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed January 4, 2011

Rhonda and Chris provided exceptional hotel experience for my husband and I who stayed at the Inn for 2 nights. Every detail was thought of to make our stay so comfortable, from the warm crackling fire and hor d'oeuvres in the living room when we arrived to the coffee service brought to our room each morning followed by the 5 star gourmet breakfasts served to perfection. The Inn is so clean and tastefully organized/decorated. Rhonda and Chris cheerfully helped us with dinner reservations in town each night and its perfect location made it possible for us to walk the 4 blocks to the best restaurants. They were truly the perfect hosts at this luxury inn. We highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great place to stay in Whitefish. !

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 4, 2011

Thanks to Rhonda and Chris for an entirely charming B & B experience at the Garde Wall Inn in Whitefish MT. They are partners in the business and have a very good rapport with each other and with their guests. Both are very competent chefs (Rhonda is Cordon Bleu and Chris was trained at a local school). The facility is a restored heritage house, originally build for executives of the Great Northern Railroad. All aspects of the house are superbly preserved in original condition (circa 1920's) with great attention to detail. Even the crystal and serving ware is a collection of antiques gathered painstakingly from estate and garage sales by Rhonda. The room prices may seem a bit steep for a B&B, but in my opinion it is a very good value. When you factor in the hor d'ouvres and wine in the evening, the gourmet breakfast in the morning and the convivial atmosphere all day, you really do receive good value for your money. One caveat; if you are fussy about a bit of noise and the ocassional draft which comes as part of a charming old house, this special experience may not be for you. Personally, I find all that to be very relaxing. It is part of the authentic context that transports you back to a simpler, slower time. Having said that, the owners have done a wonderful job of swaddling the place in big cushy chairs, persian carpets and down duvets so there are no shortage of places to be perfectly comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 12, 2010

Staying in B&B's can be a little hit and miss. However, the Garden Wall Inn is a safe bet. Chris (the Inn Keeper) is fantastic - charming, knowledgable, friendly. Room was lovely, clean, warm. Location was excellent - a short walk to town. Breakfast was amazing.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 8, 2010

Rhonda and Chris offer an exceptional B&B experience. The hosts are warm and friendly and very knowledgeable and passionate about the area. The house is beautifully decorated and in a great location within easy walking distance to town. It is the "extras" that make the experience exceptional. The cozy living room with a welcoming fireplace and glass of sherry; the fresh flowers in the room; the evening turndown and delicious chocolates; the coffee tray delivered to your room before breakfast (yeah!!) and an extraordinary gourmet breakfast. We have travelled to many B&Bs and this is easily one of our favorites.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2010

Charming decor..meticulous and authentic details. Convenient location near downtown...a great jumping off point to Glacier National Park and the Rockies. Breakfast is 5-star...farm to table philosophy. Coffee/tea (with a fresh rose and on a silver tray) is served in your room 1/2 hour before breakfast. Rhonda and Chris are experts on the Glacier area and have spot-on recommendations on routes and itineraries.

Without hesitation I recommend this Inn as a destination.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 5, 2010

It's true that the rooms are extremely comfortable, well appointed, and the breakfast is delicious but I found this B & B to be a bad fit for me. Wine or beer was offered when we arrived but I do not drink. In retrospect, I should have told them ahead of time that my "dietary preference" was warm cookies and cocoa. It was my birthday and there was a bottle of champagne in the room. It was very pretty in an ice bucket with a vase of flowers but I wish I could have traded it for a chocolate! We must have arrived too late for the hors d'oeuvres and we didn't find any chocolates on the pillow like other people mentioned. We found the room was cold (64 degrees). Also, their web site stated that it was 25 minutes to Glacier National Park but it's closer to 45 minutes. Of course, all these things might be perfectly fine with you. The Inn seemed to be running on a well-oiled script. But when they said "Let me know if you need anything," I didn't feel comfortable saying I wanted chocolates on my pillow or saying "Sure, can I have a mocha instead of plain coffee and can you pack up some muffins for my hike?" Yes, I'm being picky but I feel that a few tweaks would have made it worth the high cost.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank nonfatMocha
Reviewed August 30, 2010

I thoroughly enjoyed staying at this gorgeous bed and breakfast. The location is excellent, just a short walk from downtown and the Amtrak train station. The rooms are very clean and charming. After a busy day, you can relax in the living room listening to classical music and sip some complimentary sherry. The breakfasts are delicious. Chris was very pleasant, helpful and knowledgeable. He really helped make my stay such a great one. I would most definitely come back to the Garden Wall Inn. What a great place to stay!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
4  Thank pats80
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitefish
Best Western Rocky Mountain Lodge
#8 of 17 in Whitefish
Lodge at Whitefish Lake
Lodge at Whitefish Lake
#3 of 17 in Whitefish

Been to Garden Wall Inn? Share your experiences!