“Best bar-b-cue I've ever had! Very casual”
Review of Piggyback Barbeque

Piggyback Barbeque
Ranked #22 of 92 Restaurants in Whitefish
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Kalispell, Montana
“Best bar-b-cue I've ever had! Very casual”
Reviewed March 26, 2011

I've never had better pulled pork ANYWHERE! The mac-n-cheese was pretty good and the hush puppies were great! I can't wait to go back! The posters with low ratings must have hit on a bad day...cause my visits have always been a distinct pleasure and I left with a full tummy and a smile on my face! Extremely casual!

• Visited September 2010

“Some of the best I've had.”
Reviewed March 17, 2011

I had a three meat platter with turkey, brisket, and pulled pork. All the meats were tender and moist with great flavor. For my sides I had potato salad and slaw, again, very good. I have to say I didn't expect to find food this good.

Columbia Falls, Montana
“Bad enough I will not try it again.”
Reviewed December 30, 2010

I ordered food for myself and 3 family members. Ribs and wings. The ribs were extremely small and so burnt/blackened and dried out it was literally jerky. The wings weren't much better. They were the first wings my kids wouldn't eat. If I wouldn't have drove 15 miles one way to pick it up and eat it at home I would have returned it for a refund.

Whitefish, Montana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not like BBQ from the South”
Reviewed September 29, 2010

We are originally from GA and have been living in Whitefish for 3 + years, sometimes Piggy Back can be pretty good, but there sauces seriously need help, they are just way too runny! I think it would help them out a lot if they took a trip to GA just to see how BBQ should really be. If you are not from the south nor have ever been than you have nothing to compare Piggy Back to therefore you would probably think there BBQ was pretty good. Recently we have had to stop going there because we both have gotten sick two times now. But we enjoy the atmosphere a lot, just wish the girls behind the counter were a little more friendly, talkative and informative is all (When watching and you all are very busy there will be a customer waiting and the young ladies will be running back and forth behind the counter but not saying anything to the customer, like be with you in one moment). Overall Piggyback could be rated above average for Montana.

San Francisco, California
“A little out of the way, but worth the extra few minutes in the car”
Reviewed September 29, 2010

My husband and I love BBQ. We had a little trouble finding the place as it's not in the main little downtown area. Once we found it, it seemed a little odd. The building appears to be someone's house, and there were no cars in the lot when we got there. Luckily there was a neon "Open" sign so we went in. The menu wasn't huge, and the decor a little odd for a BBQ joint. The tables had only two bottle of BBQ sauce on them, a NC and a SC--no tomato based stuff, which worried me a little, as that's what I like best. When our food came, I have to say I wasn't overly impressed by the looks of it. We got a beef brisket sandwich, a pulled pork sandwich, mac and cheese, and their house made "chips." Boy, can looks be deceiving! The food was amazing! I still can't decide if I like the beef or pork better--they were both so good! The mac and cheese was pretty good, and the home made chips were thinly sliced potatoes that they fry up in the back and dump some seasoning on--so good! This was really good BBQ. In fact, my husband ate their food again at their food stand at the Whitefish Farmers Market, and gave it another two thumbs up. If you're in the mood for some tasty 'que, go to Piggyback! Yum!