“This is great fine dining in Whitefish, MT”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Latitude 48

Latitude 48
Ranked #9 of 89 Restaurants in Whitefish
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Mediterranean Style Bistro Upstairs. Comfortable, Chic Lounge and Bar Downstairs. All conveniently packaged in the heart of the breathtaking community of Whitefish, Montana. Red Room Basement Bar is open 2 hours later than dining room.
Whitefish
“This is great fine dining in Whitefish, MT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

Went to this place on our recent trip to MT in July 2011. What a find. A great place for fine dining. My friend had steak. I had the risotto. We shared a bottle of wine. All was excellent. Highly recommend if you are looking for fine dining on your next trip to MT.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank Sheila C
grgfood, Public Relations Manager at Latitude 48, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
Thank you so much for posting your kind words about you dining experience last summer. We can't wait to have you in again!

Edina, Minnesota
“Very nice meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

This restaurant was highly recommended by a waitress at another restaurant. We saved it for our last night in Whitefish, and it was the perfect location for a special dinner. Started in their lounge downstairs (The Red Room), and it was nice place for a drink and appetizer. We had the beef tips and they were wonderful. The main restaurant is very nice, and was quiet to have a conversation without having to raise our voices. The meals were very good, and reasonably priced.

• Visited April 2012
Glad you enjoyed the Beef Tips and your experience. Thank you for the kind words. Hope to see you next time you venture over to Whitefish.
Trego, Montana
“This restaurant should be rated #1”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2012

From the roasted beet salad with goat cheese and madarine oranges to the tuna my husband had on a bed of chickpea puree with tasty spinach on the side, and the Artic Char (fish) I had on a bed of mashed celery root with baby peas mixed in to the homemade dessert, this meal was excellent.
Usually we fly to Vegas for Tao and Wolfgang Puck's fare, but what a wonderful surprise to find such wonderful food in Whitefish. It was better than Khandahar which is rated for the view and not the quality of food, I'm sure.
Very nice staff..........we didn't have reservations and were given a nice table and never lacked service. Nice wine list....enjoyed a good bottle of Pinot Grigio.

• Visited March 2012
Iowa
“Red Room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2012

Red Room in the basement has full bar and fun place to start an evening or to have a drink before dinner.

Taber
“Mediocre at Best”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2012

My husband and I went for dinner without a reservation and of course, being a long weekend, we couldn't get a table so we went downstairs to the Red Room where they offer the full menu..... just with really awkward seating. I challenge anyone to comfortably eat a meal when your table is lower than your knees. Anyway, that being the case we opted to order some wine and appetizers instead of entrees. We had selected a wine but our server recommended a slightly higher priced alternative, so we went with her recommendation which resulted in the consumption of what I can safely say was the worst bottle of red wine that has ever past these lips, and there have been a few, I assure you. We ordered 3 appetizers, calamari, mussels and the seared beef tenderloin tips. The mussels were tiny and very bland, the calamari was uninspired, had a really thick batter on it and it, along with the two dipping sauces it came with, tasted like something I would pick up in the prepared foods section of a grocery store. On the other hand the tenderloin tips were delicious! My only complaint is when we tried to get a second order (since the calamari was basically inedible) they had run out. All in all Latitude 48 did not measure up in what I've come to expect from higher end establishments in Whitefish, and with so many amazing options to choose from I wouldn't waste my money in the Red Room again. To be fair, next time I'm in Whitefish, I will make a reservation and see if their entrees make up for what the appetizers lack........I'll stick with my own wine choice though.

• Visited February 2012