“I thought it was great!”

MacKenzie River Pizza Co.
Ranked #14 of 97 Restaurants in Whitefish
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Transporting you to the very heart of the Northern Rockies, the casual, rustic atmosphere with unique Montana Lodgepole furniture, stunning panoramic canvas and historic photographs sets the tone for distinctive, creatively prepared food served by vibrant employees renowned for passing their upbeat attitudes on to our customers. The MacKenzie River menu features an incredible array of delectable dishes, always flavorful and fresh, and served up in heaping portions. The acclaimed gourmet pizzas are offered on a variety of crusts – original, thin and gluten-free – with toppings from classic pepperoni to pesto, ricotta, and sun-dried tomato. With nearly two dozen pizzas on the menu, you are bound to find at least one you’ll love. MacKenzie River also offer hearty sandwiches served warm on fresh-baked bread, full and half-sized salads, pastas that will wow your taste buds. You will find everything from Pulled Pork Nachos and Buffalo Chicken Mack n’ Cheese to a fresh Cobb Salad, housemade soups and Wings. Be sure to save room for the Mack Lovin dessert, gooey chocolate chip cookies topped with ice cream and chocolate sauce; it’s great for sharing. To complement the menu choices, select from a variety of craft brews and fine wines.
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We ate lunch there one day when the weather was so bad that we had to turn around from going very far into Glacier. Went to check out the Amtrack station (for our next trip west) and that is when we ate at Mackenzie's.
My huband and I LOVED the pizza, and one large was almost to much for us. That was the luncheon special. A good price, very good pizza, and we ao much appreciated the extreamly nice friendly waitress! I would go back in a minute, and will the next time we visit Whitefish!

Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

We were visiting on vacation and I really wanted gluten free pizza. Sadly it wasn't that great. The service was also terrible. The place was empty and our waiter forgot to bring our salads and we had to repeatedly ask for drink refills. He clearly saw that I barely touched my pizza and didn't seem to care. Fun atmosphere but food and service lacking.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Pizza"s ,Pasta"s Salads, have never let us down.Enjoy the street views from the window booths, great place for kids or adults.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

The service and atmosphere was great; the food was medicore at best. We shared the Thai Pie & Mackenzie River pizzas (between 4 of us). In all it was bland and forgettable. I had heard so many great things about this place and was disappointed.

Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

We ordered a salad and a pizza. The pizza we had made custom made. The salad was good. Pizza was very good, made with fresh ingredients. After so many reviewers commented on pizza by the slice, I asked our waitress about it, she said she had only been there two weeks and didn't know they sold pizza by the slice. Later I asked my husband what all was on the pizza, so he asked the waitress. She didn't know, had to go get a menu. She was nice but I wished she knew the menu better.