“Terrible service” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Craggy Range Bar & Grill

Craggy Range Bar & Grill
Ranked #25 of 89 Restaurants in Whitefish
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located in downtown Whitefish, the recently renovated & reinvented Craggy Range boasts innovative gastropub fare, an extensive offering of creative libations, flat screens, pool tables, a full service patio, and a live music stage. The heart of Craggy's local gastropub atmosphere is the centrally located bar featuring 16 craft beer taps. The innovative menu along with knowledgeable service that's never stuffy or pretentious, and a persistent, creative high energy atmosphere provide a popular community gathering place. During the renovation, an historical wall of hand-painted sign art on cinder blocks was revealed. The wall art includes local family names going back three and four generations in Whitefish, including the Goble and Sillaker families. Word on the street has it that the wall is from the old Hanging Tree. The wall now serves as a focal point to the centrally located bar, home to a large flat screen TV which covers an old window cut-out in the center of the historical find. In addition to the hand-painted sign art, some other unique and edgy additions are the garage style front windows, the longest frost bar in Montana, a railroad foot rail around the bar, sixteen flat screens, including two on the patio, and an upgraded stage area for live music. The expanded central bar and open feel of the entire space creates a fun and interactive experience for watching the game, listening to live music, and enjoying dining with friends and family.
Whitefish, Montana, United States
“Terrible service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

When my boyfriend and I walked into the restaurant we weren't acknowledged for a solid 10 minutes... when a hostess (I think) finally sat us she never took a drink order, she just promptly left. There was already one extremely loud table to our left that made it hard to hear anything. About 20 minutes after that our server arrived and took our entire order... drinks, appetizer and dinner and then left. Another 20 minutes passed and he arrived with the artichoke dip that was cold/room temp, then followed 5 minutes later with our food. Never have I seen food come out back to back like that but it was obviously because he took and placed our order all at once. My pasta was okay but my boyfriends salad was missing five ingredients listed on the menu. As we began eating a MASSIVE table started filing in about 2 feet from our table and they were EXTREMELY loud and already drinking heavily. We were never checked on by our server again. I finally got up and asked the hostess to grab me 2 to go boxes and my bill... she brought the boxes and then disappeared. I made eye contact with my server several times but he just began taking the order at the larger table. 20 minutes after asking for my bill the first time I asked again, and finally got it. Our server did not discount our bill, or even apologize. Huge waste of money and even bigger waste of time.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
CraggyRange, Manager at Craggy Range Bar & Grill, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Kate, we are very sorry to hear about the poor experience you had in our restaurant, but wanted to thank you for taking the time to review us. While negative reviews are something we never like to hear or read, we understand that sometimes we fail in giving our guests the service we would like to and it gives us direction for improvements we can make to both our food and service. We try to be mindful of all guest experiences and understand that sometimes large, boisterous parties can negatively affect other guests in the restaurant, and we wish we could have intervened or moved you and your boyfriend to a quiet corner where you could enjoy your dinner. Moreover, we wish our service had been more attentive and meet the standards we expect in our restaurant. We hope you will come back and give Craggy another try. If you would like to further discuss your last visit or return to give us another chance, please ask for Sara or Jeff.

Lakewood,CO
“Excellent dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

We had a family of 4 for dinner and had a great meal. All the meat was delicious, tender, and flavorful - Ancho Bourbon pork, cowboy flat steak, and ribeye. (It was just as good for leftovers also.) And someone also had the pasta special of the evening which was really good. The specialty cocktails were wonderful also. We had a roomy booth and the service was excellent. It seemed priced average for a tourist town. It wasn't the most expensive restaurant in town, nor was it the cheapest, but I feel our meals were a good value. Plenty of food and included sides.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CraggyRange, Manager at Craggy Range Bar & Grill, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us! We love hearing positive feedback from out guests! We hope to see you again next time you're in the area!
Kansas City, Kansas
“Ok, but better options down the street”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stopped in here for dinner when the waits for everything else around was an hour or longer. Ordered the French Dip. It was good, but nothing that you wouldn't get at your local Denny's or IHOP. Service was great. Atmosphere is nice. The other two people that were with me did not like their meals and didn't finish.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Spokane, Washington
“Great Bar/Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

After sitting down in one place that wouldn't serve on their patio, we wandered around trying to decide which menu and place to eat and were pleasantly surprised with this location. They have a great patio and even had live music on a Tuesday at 5pm. I ate simply and it was good. My husband had the salmon and was very pleased. I'd recommend it...and don't just get the typical bar food on the menu. Go for something more.

• Visited September 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Nice Dinner Spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

Craggy serves classic pub style food. We had the nachos app which was really really good. For dinner I had a burger with bleu cheese and it was cooked perfectly. My wife had a pasta dish and she said it was a little bland, but then again we like bold flavors

Visited August 2013