“Great salsa, fajitas and beer”
Review of Pescado Blanco

Pescado Blanco
Ranked #33 of 90 Restaurants in Whitefish
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Pescado Blanco: Mountain Mexican KitchenThe cuisine we are creating is not like the typical Mexican fare you may have had before. We gather our culinary style from a geographical region extending from Southern Mexico to Northern Montana developing a unique mountain Mexican fusion. All of our menu items are handmade from the fresh salsas to the hand-pressed tortillas. This restaurant is about using fresh,local, seasonal ingredients and blending flavors and the cultures.
whitefish
“Great salsa, fajitas and beer”
Reviewed May 15, 2011

The salsa is great and sets the mood for delicious and very hearty helping of fajitas with all the sides. Washed down with Scotch Ale beer. What could be better?

• Visited May 2011

Raleigh, NC
“I loved this place!”
Reviewed January 2, 2011

Pescado blanco (white fish in spanish, if I'm not mistaken) serves "mountain mexican", which as far as I could tell is fancy mexican food made with things like elk chorizo and bison, though they also have more meats and vegetarian entrees as well. I had the enchilada verduras (vegetarian enchiladas) with rice and beans, and a small organic mixed greens salad. The salad was fantastic - the house dressing and mexican cheese made it interesting, and the ingredients were all fresh. The enchiladas were to die for! They came with roasted winter vegetables and were in a poblano cream sauce, with roasted pumpkin seeds on top. The pumpkin seeds made the dish in my opinion. I was too full to really eat the rice and beans, which were fine but nothing special. Also had a glass of malbec which was a good accompaniment but just so-so as far as wine goes. Service was good, and the atmosphere was a bit sparse, but bright, festive, and comfortable. I highly recommend this place if you're in the area. It was the most creative menu I saw and the food tastes as good as it sounded when I read the menu on their website!

Kalispell
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pescado Blanco”
Reviewed December 31, 2010

This was a terrible restaurant - When we went in the waiting area was facing the people eating. I stood at the receptoin desk for a couple of moments before a woman caqme up and told me there were no available seats for 3 but she would get back to me for the wait time - never happened. I noticed as pepople came in they got the same treatment and one couple made a comment how long did it take for her to get organized. It was cold out and freezing in the restaurant. When we were finally seated it was in a room with a little heater on the floor that was less than efficent. When we first came in we were told there was a complimentary salsa bar and after being seated went over there and found about 5 containers of which two were empty. My son in law had the bison enchilladas and I had the Chilli Rellanos and my daughter had the fajiatas (excuse the spelling. I hated my order, my son in law hated the bison enchilladas but my daughter said her's was OK. The wine and
good and the casadilla was good. When the waitress who was good came over to ask about our meal I told her that my meal wasn't good. She really didn't say anything to that. The bill came to over $100 including the tip but I would never recomment this restaurant to anyone. I was really disappointed because I wanted my family to have an enjoyable dinner. Thank you for giving me a chance to give input.

1 Thank RobertTara
Brisbane, Australia
“What a great restaurant in Whitefish MT - not to be missed!!”
Reviewed October 11, 2010

Dinner at Pescado Blanco was one of the highlights of our stay in Whitefish MT. Great food, wonderul staff/service and nice location. If we visit Whitefish again, it will be the first place to visit. We had dinner the previous night at Cafe Khandahar and it did not compare in any way with this restaurant.

Silicon Valley
“great find, especially for those don't like Mexican food....”
Reviewed October 4, 2010

we had two dinner meals over the 3 nites of our stay in Whitefish. This is a perfect place for folks like me who don't really like 'regular' Mexican food, but love the flavors of Latin food. Very flavorful and unique menu items. Decent service. Friendly staff. Reasonable prices on the wine options. Loved my desserts......