When we drove up I was not very impressed and worried I had made a mistake booking here. There was no curb appeal and the pool was a room out front with big windows facing the street.
When we walked through the hallways it was a bit worn and nothing special at all. Just a basic hotel needing some updating. Although it was very clean.
But then we got in the bedroom and it was just lovely! We had reserved the 3 queen room. It was a decently spacious room with a small clean restroom (bathtub and toilet in a room) and the nice sink was in the main room. There was a fridge and microwave and a nice large armoire and tv. The room was very tasteful and all white linens (big plus) nicer than usual artwork, cool mirrors. Nice furniture... definitely modern and updated. And then there was a separate room attached with another queen bed. It had it's own tv and desk. The separate room was an unexpected bonus!
Cable wasn't great, maybe it's the remote location.
Pool was very comfortable and warm and there was a hot tub.
Two guys came in from outside while we were in the pool to go swimming. It was a bit of a weird distracting situation, they were waiting outside the door for about 20 minutes (they didn't have keys as though they weren't staying at the hotel but a worker eventually let them in). Maybe people from town can use the pool or buy a pass for it or something.
The breakfast was a standard, good breakfast. Waffles, eggs, very very spicy sausage, cereal, muffins, juice, awesome hot cocoa machine! and coffee with to go cups - it was really nice. the eating room was standard, but clean.
Because the bedrooms were updated, stylish and clean I would definitely book here again. It turned out to be a great hotel! It is a bit expensive for what you get, but the location of the town explains it. It is on the "far" side of town, but drive to downtown area takes a minute or two, so is not a problem.
Yellowstone park was incredible! The town was cute and nice to walk around. Lots of activities.
There was a family of at least 7 staying above us and they were very loud - running around and slamming doors until 3 am and two of the little kids banged on our door at 8am thinking it was their room. But that wasn't the fault of the hotel and we didn't hear anyone else - just that room above.
We had told the hotel we would be a late arrival. We got a phone call when we were 10 minutes away, they were just calling to make sure we drove carefully (it had started to snow a bit) to watch for animals and were given last minute instructions on finding the hotel. Very friendly touch.
Overall would recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Clean, comfortable and friendly 79 Rooms, large family rooms available, non-smoking facility, large indoor heated pool & spa, complimentary deluxe HOT breakfast daily, complimentary high-speed/Wi-Fi internet, guest laundry, business room, free parking, information about Yellowstone Park tours. Only 6 blocks from entrance gate into Yellowstone National Park. AAA and AARP approved. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Yellowstone West Gate Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Hotel West Yellowstone
- Comfort Inn West Yellowstone
- West Yellowstone Comfort Inn