Our room was good size,standard type chain hotel,clean,modern and well equipped,exactly what we expected, Wifi, etc. I cannot fault that what we got was what we were expecting at the place and time of year.
Also the reception staff when we checked in she was lovely,welcoming, unfortunately I didn't get her name.
Breakfast was better for us Brits than expected, as it was included in the price, but the best part was Mary Lou in the breakfast room, who was amazing, working so hard,would put many others to shame, and absolutely lovely with our teenage son trying to work a waffle machine!!!
Went on to stay in Dunraven Lodge in the park.(Another review coming)
Then onto Cooke City (we loved it and the food so much better than West Yellowstone), one night all the restaurants in West yellowstone were full or having to wait ages to get a table and the menus were poor, I really feel they need to up their game, I realise they have a captive market , but I think everyone should go over to Cooke City because it is sooo much better. (more reviews to come)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NEWLY REMODELED IN 2011. 79 Rooms, large family rooms available, non-smoking facility, large indoor heated pool & spa, complimentary deluxe HOT breakfast daily, complimentary high-speed/Wi-Fi internet, guest laundry, business room, free parking, information about Yellowstone Park tours. Only 6 blocks from entrance gate into Yellowstone National Park. AAA and AARP approved. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Yellowstone West Gate Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Hotel West Yellowstone
- Comfort Inn West Yellowstone
- West Yellowstone Comfort Inn