“Stinky and over-priced.”

Ranked #9 of 39 Hotels in West Yellowstone
washington
“Stinky and over-priced.”
Reviewed June 15, 2009

They claimed that they just remodeled but when we got here, it looked old and out dated. Our room had a funny smell and the beds were hard. The good news is that it is walking distance to the tourist shops and cafes but so are other hotels. The staff was friendly and helpful. They were very knowledgeable about the area and what would most likely interest us.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank whit509

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Washington
Reviewed September 22, 2008

We stayed at the Clubhouse Inn on our way home from Minnesota. The room was clean and with great decor. The king size bed was comfortable with plenty of pillow selection. However, the jacuzzi tub that we paid a fortune for did not comfortable hold two people. Also it was located directly under the laundry room for guest. So you could hear the washer/dryer. Other than that our stay was nice. The hotel is only a hop skip and a jump to the entrance of Yellowstone. It is about a block away from the Wolf and Grizzly center and within walking distance of downtown. The complementary breakfast was good and convenient. We might stay again, but would not pay for the jacuzzi suite. We spent most of the time in the park anyway and the jacuzzi was not comfortable enough to unwind in together.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — location of the room (under the guest laundry and right by an entrance door)
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City
Reviewed August 16, 2008

I came from Jackson Hole through Yellowstone Park and I decided to stay for a night at West Yellowstone since was convenient for my final destination.
I payed 230 $ including tax to stay at a 4* hotel in JACKSON HOLE!
I booked a room at ClubHouse Inn for 176$ + tax total of 205$.
When I entered the room a very bad smell was throughout the room probably from the carpet of the room. The hotel reminded me Motel-6 although there I payed 55$+ tax. When I complained about the poor quality of the room and the low quality to the concierge politely they explained to me that there is no competition in the area and those are comparable prices throughout West Yellowstone.
My take home message is if all hotels of West Yellowstone are the same as the ClubHouse Inn with the same price range EXTEND YOUR STAY at JACKSON HOLE and NEVER COME BACK IN THIS TOWN TO STAY.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — VALUE
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank Stanley70
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed August 8, 2008

I am very glad that we were able to stay at the Clubhouse Inn in West Yellowstone. It was a very nice hotel. We enjoyed the pool, the breakfast was good and the decor was nice. We liked the decorating in our bathroom so much that we found a shop in town that sold the same shower curtain and accessories and we re-decorated one of our bathrooms at home the same way. I got a really good price on the room, too. The only problem I had with this hotel was the reservation process. I made the reservation via the Internet in April, but when I needed to adjust the length of my stay, the on-line system wouldn't allow the change. I didn't want to drop the reservation and make a new one because I was afraid I would lose the good rate I got, so I called the 800 number. They used the same system as the Internet and couldn't make the change either. They recommended I call the hotel directly. I tried for about two weeks to call the hotel before I finally got an answer. I was beginning to wonder if the hotel had gone out of business, but when I finally got someone, they said it was off-season, so they did not have staff there all the time. They could not make the change to my reservation either, but said they would take care of it when I checked in. When I finally got there, they made the correction and there was no problem. Everyone I talked to was very helpful; it was the computer system that was the problem.

• Liked — Decor in the bathroom
  • Disliked — Difficulty modifying my reservation
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank JBarohn
Colorado
Reviewed August 1, 2008

We stayed here two nights the last week of May. I was a little nervous after reading some of the reviews. From the moment my husband and I checked in, the hotel personnel were very friendly. Breakfast was great each morning.

One morning, our toilet was not working. We mentioned it to them after we ate breakfast - they sent someone to sent it before we could make it back to our room.

The hotel rooms were clean and the hotel was very near the Yellowstone gate. We wll stay here the next time we visit West Yellowstone.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank bear71
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,308 helpful votes
Reviewed June 18, 2008

Just came back from a 3-day stay at this hotel with my family (June 5-8). The location is great. It's just a one block walk to lots of shopping, restaurants, grocery stores, museums, and very close to the west entrance of Yellowstone.

The room was a bit on the small side, but we weren't in the room that much other than to sleep, shower, and change. The beds were comfortable and the room offered a microwave and fridge, which was great for our daily trips to the grocery store because the restaurants stink and are very pricey.

The breakfasts offered in the mornings were good and enough to keep us going until lunch.

We had no problems with management.

The pool was fine except heavily clorinated.

We would definitely consider staying here again!

• Liked — Location, Microwave and Fridge in room
  • Disliked — Size of room is a bit tight for four people
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Cynderella43
Chicago
Reviewed September 21, 2007

We were told the room had a full-sized fridge, which was required for our trip. When we arrived, there was no fridge, only a microwave perched on top of the small fridge. We asked the desk clerk to call the manager, who insulted us further by asking "why would anyone need a full-sized fridge?" He also suggested that I had confused his hotel with some other that I spoke with. The breakfast was adequate, at best. The room had a vibration and a motor-like sound (ventilator? A/C?), that went on the entire night -- made sleeping rather tough. Railings at back entry were rusted and ready to fall out of brackets, carpet was worn and lighting in the room was horrible. I would suggest looking elsewhere for a room.

Stayed September 2007
4 Thank ZooBird
SarahMaag, Corporate Sales Representative at ClubHouse Inn West Yellowstone, responded to this review, October 1, 2007
I am sorry for any inconvenience that you may have experienced whle staying at the West Yellowstone Clubhouse Inn. In all of our rooms we do have a large dorm size refrigerator along with a regular sized microwave and we market that property as such. We do not advertise that we have full sized refrigerators in our hotel rooms. These are more typical of the extended stay properties, i.e. Residence Inns, etc. Of which the Clubhouse Inn is not one. We do have full size refrigerators on property for the needs of the hotel as well as our staff and would be more than happy to accomodate our guests with additional needs if possible.

Once again, I am sorry for any inconvenience you may have experienced. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact myself or management on property.