“Better than the last.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 39 Hotels in West Yellowstone
South Amboy, NJ
“Better than the last.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

We decided to extend our stay as there was so much to do and see in Yellowstone. Fortunately the first place we stayed had no vacancies and we were forced to find other accommodations. The Clubhouse had a vacancy so I booked it for one night. Upon arrival, I decided to see if there was a room available for the following night as well. There was only one left and the front desk staff held it for me while I talked it over with my family. The room was a generous size, beds comfortable, everything extremely clean. We had a problem with the air conditioner but a repairman was immediately called and the problem was resolved. Breakfast was the good, but we had to sit near the pool as the room was full and it was a bit too chilly to sit outside. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ecampb
jschoenhard, General Manager at ClubHouse Inn West Yellowstone, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for staying with us, I am glad that we had a room for you and that we were able to extend your stay. I hope you had a great vacation in Yellowstone.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Beaconsfield
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Having searched and failed to find any kind of luxury hotel within the near vicinity of Yellowstone National Park, we settled on the Clubhouse Inn as probably the closest thing available. I took two twin queen rooms - one for me; one for my son and two nephews. The rooms were a very good size, although the bathrooms were small. The first night my room wasn't very clean - a couple of small dead insects in the one drawer I opened and crumbs on the carpet - although the important areas (the bed and bathroom) were spotless. The second night the crumbs had gone. Wi-fi was free and efficient. There was no noticeable noise from other guests at night.

The hotel doesn't have a restaurant but there is a small dining room where a complimentary breakfast is provided. It is a very down market dining experince - polystyrene cups, plastic cutlery, bit of a bun fight - but then again it is free and the coffee was good. From what I could see, coffee and other complimentary hot drinks are also available in the lobby throughout the day.

Parking is easy, immediately outside the hotel, and the hotel is well located for access to main street where an assortment of restaurants and shops are located. It is commendably close to the West entrance to Yellowstone Park itself.

Prices are relatively high for the category of hotel that it is, but this reflects its handy location and the limited duration of the tourist season.

Basically this is a comfortable but not luxurious hotel that provides a reasonable place to stay when visiting Yellowstone. Given the other choices, if I come back to the area, it would probably be my pick to stay there again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. We are located just a little over two blocks away from the West Gate entrance into Yellowstone. I hope you had a great trip to Yellowstone.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

This is a nice clean hotel and probably as good as it gets for West Yellowstone. The breakfast was your average continental style. The location is minutes from the park entrance. The front desk clerk knew about as much as I did about Yellowstone (not much) although the manager tried to be helpful. Probably the newest hotel in town.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying at the Clubhouse inn. I hope you had a nice trip in Yellowstone and Grand Teton National park
Bismarck, North Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

I stayed at the Yellowstone ClubHouse Inn and I have to Say Mo at the front desk was AWESOME! she was extremely helpful in giving us Ideas of things to do and where to eat, She even said if you don't have a good experience at the Three Bears Restaurant let me know and I will personally call there manager for you. Room was Great, The View was amazing THANK YOU!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments and for staying with us during your trip to Yellowstone.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here for one night while visiting Yellowstone NP. The front desk clerk was wonderful and worked hard to try to accomodate our family of 5, including 3 preteens.  She found us a two queen bed room with a pull out couch.

The room was clean and modern.  The beds, even the pull out couch, were comfy.  The room seemed to not get as cool as we'd like, but it wasn't hot.  I do wish the door was thicker.  Our room was right near the elevator, so we heard a lot in the hallway.

They do have a complimentary breakfast.  It was not as varied or plentiful as some we have seen on our trip, but it was nice to have something.  It was a bit warm in the breakfast room.

The room was a little more than I'd expect to pay, but it's high season near Yellowstone, so it's not a surprising amount.  Overall, it was a nice place, and we would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us, we just recently added biscuits and gravy to our breakfast and yogurt. July is our peak season but if you can come the last two weeks of August our rates are less than they would be during July. I hope you had a great summer vacation
Near DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

West Yellowstone is a very small town. Any hotel in town could be described as convenient, with everything within easy walking distance. The Club House is not on any of the main streets so you don't have to worry about getting a room with a lot of traffic noise. It's very quiet here. The CH has a good breakfast included. It begins at 6AM which is very helpful if you are looking for an early start. Coffee is available in the lobby 24/7 according to the desk person. Our only complaint is about the dreadful shower head, and that's hardly a show stopper.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments during your stay. We are located in a great spot in town just a little over two blocks from the gate entrance into Yellowstone. We are on a quite side of town but also just a half block away from down town away from the noise but close enough to walk to the many shops and restaurants on main street.
Findlay, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

My family and I spent two nights here to enjoy YNP. The best thing was obviously the location, within a stones throw from the west entrance. The breakfast needed to be changed and made a little fresher. Sausage gravy and biscuits (rock hard ), pancakes , and a few muffins. When you pay $260 a night, I would hope they would change it up a little. Visitors do take the breakfast offerings into consideration when booking hotels. As for the staff, one individual yelled at my kids for playing with the foam tubes in the pool. Saying they broke apart and could clog the filtration system, Really? Then please take part of my $500+ that we spent and purchase some new ones, or remove them. Overall we had a great time at YNP, just wish we would have stayed elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with your stay with us. July is the busiest time of the year and the accommodations in the park are similar in price. Late August is a great time to visit with rates lower during that time of year instead of July.