“Fine Hotel While Staying in Yellowstone”

ClubHouse Inn West Yellowstone
Ranked #9 of 39 Hotels in West Yellowstone
Reviewed June 18, 2008

Just came back from a 3-day stay at this hotel with my family (June 5-8). The location is great. It's just a one block walk to lots of shopping, restaurants, grocery stores, museums, and very close to the west entrance of Yellowstone.

The room was a bit on the small side, but we weren't in the room that much other than to sleep, shower, and change. The beds were comfortable and the room offered a microwave and fridge, which was great for our daily trips to the grocery store because the restaurants stink and are very pricey.

The breakfasts offered in the mornings were good and enough to keep us going until lunch.

We had no problems with management.

The pool was fine except heavily clorinated.

We would definitely consider staying here again!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank Cynderella43

Reviewed September 21, 2007

We were told the room had a full-sized fridge, which was required for our trip. When we arrived, there was no fridge, only a microwave perched on top of the small fridge. We asked the desk clerk to call the manager, who insulted us further by asking "why would anyone need a full-sized fridge?" He also suggested that I had confused his hotel with some other that I spoke with. The breakfast was adequate, at best. The room had a vibration and a motor-like sound (ventilator? A/C?), that went on the entire night -- made sleeping rather tough. Railings at back entry were rusted and ready to fall out of brackets, carpet was worn and lighting in the room was horrible. I would suggest looking elsewhere for a room.

Stayed: September 2007
4  Thank ZooBird
SarahMaag, Corporate Sales Representative at ClubHouse Inn West Yellowstone, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2007

I am sorry for any inconvenience that you may have experienced whle staying at the West Yellowstone Clubhouse Inn. In all of our rooms we do have a large dorm size refrigerator along with a regular sized microwave and we market that property as such. We do not advertise that we have full sized refrigerators in our hotel rooms. These are more typical of the extended stay properties, i.e. Residence Inns, etc. Of which the Clubhouse Inn is not one. We do have full size refrigerators on property for the needs of the hotel as well as our staff and would be more than happy to accomodate our guests with additional needs if possible.

Once again, I am sorry for any inconvenience you may have experienced. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact myself or management on property.

Reviewed September 12, 2007

Not a great experience here, it was convenient for the park and easy to find but there again a lot of new places nearby were that also. We booked 3 nights, for the second two we had a noise and vibration from a nearby pump of ventilation fan - it invaded the whole room - we did get another room to sleep in on the second night but too late to move all our stuff. By morning it had stopped but restarted again later the next night. We had no offer of a discount on checkout.
The hot tub timer was broken.
Avoid if you can - there are plenty of other rooms around.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank kenty
Reviewed September 2, 2007

Like everyone else, my family used this hotel as a base for touring Yellowstone National Park. I had carefully researched the area for hotels and this one met all the requirements.

It is very much like a standard business hotel, with swimming pool, continental breakfast, and so forth, but the staff was very friendly and also helpful with questions about the area and about the hotel. It is centrally located to the town's main attractions (IMAX theatre, Yellowstone museum, gas station, bank, supermarket, restaurants, shops), especially the entrance to Yellowstone, which is about two or three blocks away.

For families, there is the added convenience of two laundry rooms, one on the second floor and another on the third. The third is better, since it has two washers and dryers, rather than the single set on the second floor - bring your quarters, since there was no change machine.

While my family did not get a chance to use the indoor pool and hot tub, the area looked nice and clean, with staff regularly attending to it. One night, I saw a family playing cards on an outdoor patio connected to the pool area; it looked like fun!

The room itself was large, with two queen beds of good comfort as well as a sofa bed; extra pillows were provided in the dresser. There was a desk, solid wireless internet connection, cable TV, a good-sized mini-fridge, microwave, and coffee maker; none of this felt crowded in the room and I was able to use all of it. My only small complaint would be the bathroom looked a little rundown, with just a spot of mold in a corner of the tub, but otherwise, it was clean and useable for me and my kids.

I was also happy with the lobby area. While on the small side, it was nicely decorated and had lots of local information, as well as maps on the wall. This was a good waiting area for people meeting up, or for waiting for a table to open up in the (also small) breakfast area.

As a side note, I should mention that this is probably as fancy as it gets in this town. West Yellowstone is a cosy tourist town, with nice people, but it is more a motel/cabin/RV type of place, rather than ritzy, high-end resort. Keeping that in mind, my family was very happy with the solid, conventional convenience this hotel provided in an unfamiliar place.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
4  Thank photomom
Reviewed August 31, 2007

We stayed here four nights while visiting Yellowstone. Our room was very clean, we had a king sized bed which was very comfortable. The hotel staff were very pleasant and helpful. Breakfast was very well stocked and offered many varieties of items. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank LovesToTravel07
Reviewed August 9, 2007

My wife and I had made reservations by phone directly with the hotel in early May 2007 for a two-night stay beginning July 10, 2007. When we arrived on the evening of July 10th, we found that the hotel would not honor the reservation as confirmed because the king room we had requested had been given to another guest. Instead, we were placed in a double queen room that had mildew on the shower stall and a bathtub stopper that did not work. In addition, the towels were scratchy and the beds were very hard. Also, there was an unpleasant odor in the room that had not been removed by air freshener. Before heading off to dinner, I wanted to use the business center computer to check out reviews of the local restaurants on the Internet, but it was continuously occupied by a young boy playing computer games who turned out to be a relative of one of the desk clerks. Sometime during the night the elevator broke down, and we were told that there would be a long wait for it to be fixed since the service representative was located many miles outside of the Yellowstone area. My wife carried our six pieces of luggage down from the third floor, and although I use a wheelchair to get around, I eventually managed to maneuver myself down the stairs by foot a step at a time. My wife also noticed that the breakfast area was sloppy and no one seemed to be maintaining the area. We were told by the manager that morning that it is likely that reservations would not be honored if a current guest decided to stay beyond their scheduled number of days. The manager was very apologetic and gave us a $35 credit off of the bill for our inconvenience, but in our estimation it wasn't enough to offset all of the aggravation and inconvenience we went through.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank RobTexas
Reviewed August 8, 2007

The hotel is right in the middle of everything in West Yellowstone. As a matter of fact it shares a parking lot with several of the other hotels.
We stayed for 2 nights while visiting Yellowstone Park. The staff was very helpful and friendly.
After reading some of the other reviews a was a bit hesitent to stay here but there was very little else available. The place was pretty clean and the room of nice. No complaints for the price.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family