“Very happy” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gray Wolf Inn and Suites

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Gray Wolf Inn and Suites
Ranked #4 of 39 Hotels in West Yellowstone
GreenLeadersSilver level
Billings, Montana
“Very happy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

I looked at all the reviews for this hotel and they are very mixed. I wonder if some thought they were staying at the ritz? I'll tell you why I would recommend this hotel.
1. They let us check in early 12:00 (because the room was done).
2. The room was what I expected, clean, roomy, big bathroom, tv, king sized bed.
3. They have underground private parking! I have never heard of this in Montana so I was excited.
4. Continental breakfast was what I expected: cereal, donuts, bagels and one thing I didn't expect: a pancake maker... conveyor belt that makes fresh pancakes. I have never seen or heard of one of these before. Pretty cool.
5. The hotel was close to everything. Cross country skiing, the convention center- (we went for an ice fishing tournament and the convention center was where they held the meetings and dinners), gas stations, Yellowstone Park, Hebgen Lake and plenty of restaurants and bars nearby.
6. The people are helpful and friendly.
7. Hot tub and pool were what I expected.

The only thing I can complain about and forgot to tell them was the light in the bathroom was flickering so they could have fixed it while we were there but it wasn't a big deal to us.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jessica D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
New Boston Mi.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

Stayed 3 nights 2nd week of Sept. 2012 .Arrived early evening no problem checking in. Drove up from S.L.C. got good restraunt advice, Timbers I think, the Pizza place outside park enterance was good to, reasonably priced. Room was Family suite very nice, like small apt., clean. Three of us on trip, wife, myself, and a friend. Friend sleep on pullout was uncomfortable so got a single fold up bed and was good, beds in bedroom were comfortable. After a long day at Yellowstone your tired and nice to sleep in nice bed.. Room was quite, bathroom nice as was kitchen. Room was very relaxing nice to come back and have a couple drinks before bed. WiFi was good in room. If we ever get the chance to get back out there we will stay here. Breakfast was ok we had some things with us in room so had little of both. Great location by west entrance didnt hear wolves from across the street. town is small. Was here 35 years ago not much changed except post office our hotel, Wyndom Hotel few more buildings this end of town. Tourest town to the highest degree. Glad not to be out there in high season. Yellowstone is spectacular thats it, Went to Grand Teton for 4 nights should have stayed here one more night.. just awsome!!!

Room Tip: If you can get famliy suite go for it, found it very spacious and comfy..
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank kulbrz55
Morgantown, West Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

We stayed at Gray Wolf during our late autumn visit to Yellowstone. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was plentiful and tasty - more than we usually see with a free breakfast. The room was clean, comfortable, and just what we needed. I also appreciate some of the energy-saving measures they have in place at this hotel. I would recommend this to a friend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tina R
Tavernier, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

Our room was reasonably clean, they had a nice pool and hot tub. Breakfast was just average. The location was very close to the entrance to Yellowstone. Be aware they will charge you credit card $30 for sundries, even though the only thing to buy is ice cream. They will refund the money only it will take several days to appear on your card. West Yellowstone is a tourist town and expensive. For a night or two Gray Wold is okay

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank WinnieTavernier
Grand Canyon, AZ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

For an October, 2012 stay I tried to book this property through the Internet on a discount site (kayak.com), but needed 2 beds and kayak wouldn't guarantee that (with 2 people, they would only guarantee one bed), so opted to call the property directly to secure the 2 bed requirement I needed. With kayak, the rate would have been $72.00 for a standard one bed, and calling the front desk I secured a 2 bed deluxe room for $15.00 more. It was definitely worth the extra cost to get both beds, as it included a refrigerator and microwave, a large desk for computer and writing needs and more than enough square footage for 2 adults. We adored the welcome we received as we pulled into the parking lot, as the wolves nearby were serenading the half moon above and spent several minutes listening to their songs before we became chilled and ventured into the lobby. We did hear some noise from neighboring rooms but it wasn't disruptive or annoying, and that seems to be a fairly standard predicament with most lodging. Breakfast was filling and saved the cost of dining out (the previous day we spent $25.00 + tip on the morning meal), so it was a particularly good benefit for choosing Gray Wolf. They have a computer in the breakfast room which allowed me to print out my boarding pass for my evening flight later that day, and although they have an indoor pool we had no time to enjoy it. I would definitely stay here again as I didn't come across any shortcomings during my brief, one night stay but certainly coming in the off-season made it a reasonably priced choice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank yearning4fairness
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

I have stayed at Gray Wolf a few times while visiting Yellowstone Park. It's resonably clean (excpet for a little mold in the corners of the bathtub) and comfortable. There can be some noise from guests in other rooms. The free breakfast consisted mostly of breads. No eggs or meat. Not good for a gluten-free diet so I had to eat elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kenn S
Prescott WI
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

We had our reservations for 2 months (2 rooms for 3 nights) and when we arrived they did not have the requested rooms. They had no explanation just that they had been already been rented out. Since we paid for 2 nights in advance that didn't cut it for me. Also, the king bed we did get was higher at the foot and lower at the head of the bed so it felt like you were sleeping on a tilt board. The "breakfast" was cold hard boiled eggs, dry cereal and toast. For $190 per night you would think it could have been better. Never again. Save your sanity and go somewhere else.

Room Tip: Get another place to stay.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family