We booked the 2-bedroom suite to house our family of 6. It came with 2 queen beds, sofabed and a full-sized kitchen. The kitchen was very large and the suite was very spacious. For $250 a night it was a bit more than we wanted to pay, but it seemed like the going rate for this town and also was in a great location. We took advantage of IMAX and Grizzly Center right across the street.
However, there were several negatives. We discovered trash left behind furniture (when we were looking for outlet plugs, we noticed trash behind sofa and nightstands), there was some blood and other dirty not-sure-what-it-was stuck to the blankets. It seemed like whoever cleaned the room had done a very poor job. (However, on our second day's stay, the housekeeper who came in to tidy actually did a great job.) We also discovered that instead of free wifi, the hotel seemed to be "wifi-free." The wifi only worked in the lobby, not in our room. Even in the lobby it was flaky and didn't work on any of our electronics. The only way to get internet was to use the one slow computer in the lobby, which would sometimes freeze. We had booked this hotel intending to plan our Yellowstone activities using the internet while we stayed there but could not get any information from the internet while we were there.
In our room, we also had problems with the kitchen -- though spacious, it was not adequately furnished so that we could not have a meal there with a full set of utensils and plates. There was also no dining table, just a few counter stools. The dishwasher door was falling off and it was obvious the place was in severe need of an upgrade. At night our kids would not sleep in the sofabed because the springs were so prominent it was hurting their back. They slept on the floor.
The one redeeming quality, according to the children, was the free beverages in the lobby. I also thought the staff was quite friendly and tried to be helpful the best they could. However, we would not stay again and I would not recommend this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just blocks from Yellowstone National Park's West Entrance, we are a modern, amenity-rich "base camp" from which to explore Yellowstone National Park. Amenities include a free, limited continental breakfast, underground parking, suites, indoor pool, hot tub, in room microwaves, mini fridges, coffee makers and free WiFi. Open year-round. New to Gray Wolf Inn and Suites, is a complimentary electric charging station! It is located in our underground parking, and features two (2) Tesla vehicle charging units, and one (1) for other standardized electric vehicles such as a Chevy Volt, Nissan Leaf, or Toyota Prius. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Gray Wolf Inn and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gray Wolf Hotel West Yellowstone
- Gray Wolf West Yellowstone
- Gray Wolf Inn