“A pleasant, cozy surprise” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stage Coach Inn

Stage Coach Inn
Ranked #27 of 39 Hotels in West Yellowstone
“A pleasant, cozy surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

We spent two of the best nights on our winter Northwest US trip. The details were very thought out- from simple things like moisturizer and more towels then we could keep ourselves dry with. Big event left some vitamins for us just in case. The interior was super cozy and receptionists welcoming. The breakfast was a very nice bonus. Would definitely return.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Anton P
StageCoachInnGM, General Manager at Stage Coach Inn, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for your review from your stay at the Stage Coach Inn. It was a pleasure reading your comments about the Hotel, Reception, and Breakfast, along with the "little" things that made your stay at our Hotel the best nights of your trip. Thank you for choosing the Stage Coach Inn.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Billings, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

Wonderful historic Hotel love all the stories of it being haunted. the beds are great the rooms very well done. the staff is great. Will return again. The breakfast was nice the snow fun The park trip was very neat the trip was grand the grand children had a fantastic time both at the hotel and the park.

Room Tip: The new section
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dona B
StageCoachInnGM, General Manager at Stage Coach Inn, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at the Stage Coach Inn. It was a pleasure to read about how much you and the Grandchildren enjoyed Yellowstone National Park and your stay at our Hotel. We look forward to serving you again in the future.
Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

If you liked the pictures of this place, you are going to love it even more in reality!
We visited in the winter, so the underground parking garage was an absolute plus (outside -20F, in the garage +45F) ! People were playing games in the pictured lobby. It was really cool! Breakfast is ok, healthy food choices are nice!
I was not crazy about the hot tubs, but I don't lke the smell of chlorine, so I'm partial on that.
Snowmobile rentals downstairs, we used them, it was great!
We got the smallest room, it had a flat screen tv, closet, it was really small, but worked great.
We go to Yellowstone every year, this was our first visit at this place, we'll definetly be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
StageCoachInnGM, General Manager at Stage Coach Inn, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at the Stage Coach Inn. I was pleased to read your comments about the Underground Parking Garage, Lobby, expanded Continental Breakfast, and the Historic Room. I was also pleased to see that you took advantage of the On-Site Snowmobile rental during your stay. Thank you again for the review and for choosing the Stage Coach Inn.
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

We had an early snow coach tour scheduled, so we drove up from Grand Targhee where we were snowboarding, and spend the night at the Stage Coach Inn. They have underground parking, and considering the outside temperatures that night reached -28 below, we were very glad that our SUV was warmer than it would have been.
The Inn seems to be a bit older, but well maintained, beds were comfortable and they have a continental breakfast room for early morning risers. We were all in the mood for some pancakes, so we skipped the continental and drove down the street for breakfast.
The Inn is also quite close to the majority of the snow coach & snow mobile providers, so this makes it a well positioned, comfortable and warm place to stay during a Yellowstone Winter.
Beds were comfortable, nice warm covers and although the heater thermostat seemed to have a mind of it's own, we finally turned it way down and let the covers do the warming up.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
StageCoachInnGM, General Manager at Stage Coach Inn, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I appreciate your comments about the property being well maintained, the underground parking garage, and the beds and the breakfast. I was disappointed to hear about the "possessed" thermostat, so we did a check of all the rooms to make sure we changed that out. Thank you again for the review and for choosing the Stage Coach Inn.
Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

First thing I want to mention was kind of funny. When I got there around 2am the guy at the front desk was sound asleep. I tried to wake him up by making noises but that didn't work. Luckily my key was on the desk besides him. I got a good laugh out of that.

Place is in close proximity to west entrance of Yellowstone. Which is good but also bad. Yellowstone is so huge that it will take you 2hrs to drive from that entrance out to another entrance/exit. I wish I would have stayed in one of those lodges located in the central park of Yellowstone. For some reason when I called the park they mentioned West Yellowstone for lodging. I don't know why they didn't tell me there are lodges within the park.

I spend very little time in the Inn. Only sleeping and breakfast, which was good. The area is too small for all the guests and if you show up late you might have to take the food to go.

WIFI does not reach the rooms. I could only get a signal sitting outside of my room. So maybe only the hallway. My personal WIFI can reach halfway down my street. You just need an average router these days to do that. I'm always surprised when a hotel can't get that right.

For $200/night it's a little too pricey. It's a sub $100 place that can charge more due to location.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Dom D
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I have to admit that I was confused at first but then I realized that your stay was in August, so the price made sense. I am sorry for your experience at Check-In, we usually require our staff to be fully awake and actually speak with our customers when they arrive... unfortunately he was working for the summer and went back to school, so I really can't even address the matter with him. Thank you for the comments about the location and the breakfast. I agree with you that the WiFi is a challenge because there is no Fiber Connections available due to our remote location, so we are relegated to lower bandwidth that is shared throughout the hotel. Thank you again for the review and for choosing the Stage Coach Inn.
Quincy, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stayed two nights at the Stagecoach. This was one of our favorite stays during on trip. The reception desk staff are awesome. I overheard them assisting a young man who did not have a reservation find another hotel since ours was booked up. Our room was comfortable and clean and even though the hotel was full, we did not hear a lot of noise. Very nice selection for breakfast - small area but they had room for overflow in another area. We took our food to the overflow area and noted a strong musty smell in that area but nowhere else in the hotel.

Room Tip: We were in a deluxe king - had a small refrigerator, microwave and coffee pot. There was free intern...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
StageCoachInnGM, General Manager at Stage Coach Inn, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Stage Coach Inn. I was pleased to read your comments about the Stage Coach Inn being your favorite Hotel on this trip, the friendliness and helpfulness of the Reception Staff, the Comfort and Cleanliness of the room, and the selection at Breakfast. I am concerned over your comments regarding a "musty" smell in the overflow seating area for breakfast - and I will look into this further. Thank you again for your review and for choosing the Stage Coach Inn.
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

Hotel room was clean.
Hot tubs were clean and very relaxin after a long trip. Yes, they have 2 hot tubs!!

I originally booked the "historic" room, but when I checked in, the room was really small. The closet doesnt have enough space to put my backpack in. So we upgraded to a deluxe room.
It was such a great call! For a little bit more in price, you get a much more roomier room, microwave, and refrigerator.

Staff were friendly!

Strategic location, only about 5 minute drive from the West Yellowstone entrance.

Room Tip: Choose the Deluxe Room!!!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
StageCoachInnGM, General Manager at Stage Coach Inn, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at the Stage Coach Inn. We value guest feedback and especially appreciate your positive comments about the cleanliness, facilities, and room types. As you noted, we offer two (2) distinct types of rooms - Deluxe and Historic - with the Deluxe rooms more modern and larger, while the Historic rooms are more in keeping with the original design of this Historic Hotel. Thank you again for choosing the Stage Coach Inn.