“mixed review” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 38 Hotels in West Yellowstone
Washington State
“mixed review”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

This hotel has an old section and a newer section. We stayed in the older "historic" section. The lobby is great - lot of stuffed animals local to the area. Check in was a little wierd. I asked for a room over looking my car. The gal checking me in assured me the room did - it did not. It was on the other side of the building. Our room was small but nicely decorated - sort of .... They had painted the ceiling at some point and the ceiling paint had slopped down on to all the walls about a foot or so. I asked staff about this at check out and they said that they needed the room anyways. This hotel has two huge fiberglass hot tubs which would hold about 10 each - very nice. The breakfast was the regular continental with waffles - you make. The hotel is in a good location to things in town.

Room Tip: keep in mind - newer rooms or older "historic" rooms. Maybe the new rooms are bigger
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
StageCoachInnGM, General Manager at Stage Coach Inn, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Stage Coach Inn. I was pleased with your comments about the Lobby, Facilities, Location, and Breakfast. I admit that I was a bit concerned about your comments on the condition of the room and our inability to select a room that would allow you to see your vehicle - something we can do much better. I was embarrassed by your comment on the response of one of my Desk Agents citing "we needed the room anyways" and I have made sure that every Desk Agent understands this is not an acceptable response under any circumstance. I sincerely apologize to you, as this is not the way I expect - or have trained - the Staff to handle this situation. I feel confident that we will be more appropriately responsive in the future. Thank you again for choosing the Stage Coach Inn.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Tokyo, Japan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I needed to change arrival date to Stage Coach Inn.
I sent e-mails but they never replied.
I tried to sent fax but never went through, so I finally had to make an international phone call to change the date.
I also found some careless works of house keepers.

Guy at the breakfast was great. He doesn't talk a lot, but very friendly.

Room Tip: Rooms facing road are noisy at night. Parking lot view rooms are better.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Stage Coach Inn. I was happy to read your comments about Breakfast and the Attendant, but I was a bit embarrassed to read about your difficulties in making changes to your reservation. We can surely do a better job at following-up on changes than your experience indicates. I have spoken to all Front Desk Staff about the importance of communication and follow-through to the overall guest experience. I also passed this review on to our Housekeeping Staff to reiterate the importance of being thorough and consistent in our cleanliness and condition of guestrooms. Thank you again for your review and for staying at the Stage Coach Inn.
saskatchewan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

had a great stay here wtih our daughter and her family right across the hall. Really no complaints about this place and the price was right. Neat little town, very resort oriented, lots of stores. Breakfast was one of the best I've had at a hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Stage Coach Inn. I was pleased to read your comments about the Hotel, the perceived Value, and the Breakfast. It was our pleasure having you as our guest. Thank you again for the review and for staying at the Stage Coach Inn.
Petersfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Very comfortable bright room, spacious and clean. Beds very comfortable. Large reception area with fire. Breakfast usual American quality, bagels, dry bread, etc. but good cereals. Receptionist helpful regarding areas to visit.

Room Tip: Quiet location for all rooms.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Pauline S
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Stage Coach Inn. I appreciate your comments about the Room, Beds, Lobby w/fireplace, Breakfast, and the knowledgeable and helpful Desk Staff. It was our pleasure having you as our guest. Thank you again for the review and for choosing the Stage Coach Inn.
MORGAN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Older hotel with some upgrades.
Bed very comfortable with high quality linens, pillow could use some improvement.
Room very clean. Midline price for West Yellowstone Hotels.
Staff was very nice, knowledgeable and front desk was effecient, with no waiting to check in and check out. Knew our first name when we registered.
Mexican Restaurant, on site, food was excellent, all homemade: priced on the high side.
ONLY issue was the lounge was closed due to liquor license issue.

Room Tip: If you would like a larger room, book in the newer (deluxe) section of the hotel.
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Stage Coach Inn. I was pleased with your comments about the Beds, Linens, Cleanliness, Price/Value, Restaurant, and especially the knowledge and responsiveness of the Desk Staff. It is true that we cannot serve in our Lounge due to no license being available - with 32 Hotels and 39 Restaurants, there are only 9 full-beverage licenses in West Yellowstone and all are in use - but we hope to find a way to eventually acquire a full-beverage license. Thank you again for your review and for choosing the Stage Coach Inn.
Cowley, Wyoming
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We go to West Yellowstone quite often and this year decided to try a new place to stay overnight. Things we liked...good location just outside the park, great price, clean rooms, friendly staff, fun decor, wifi. Things we didn't like....The bed was sooo HARD! The breakfast room was a rat race cluster, just grabbed a cup of coffe as everyone was reaching over and across me didn't try any food because it was just too packed to be peaceful. Bummer.

• 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Stage Coach Inn. I was pleased to read your comments about Location, Price/Value, Cleanliness, friendly Staff, Decor, and Wi-Fi. I was dismayed by your comment about the quality of the Bed - especially since we usually hear very positive comments about them - so I need to look into this more closely. I was also perplexed by your comment about the Breakfast since we removed nearly half of the tables and chairs as part of our Americans with Disabilities Accessibility standards compliance and created an overflow seating area next to the Front Desk. I am truly sorry for your experience and while I really can't control when guests come down for the breakfast, I think I need to spend more time looking at the set-up and spacing of our displays for improvements. Thank you again for your review and for choosing the Stage Coach Inn.

Travelers are raving about these West Yellowstone hotels

Vancouver, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Nothing fancy about the room, but it was clean and comfortable. I had one of the newer rooms which was larger. The hot water was very hot and the cold water was quite cold. It was a little noisy in the morning as my room was just around the corner from housekeeping. There was a decent sized fridge in the room. While there was a grocery store across the street I would recommend going to the grocery store 3 blocks away. They had a much better selection.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Bill D
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Stage Coach Inn. I was pleased to read your comments about Cleanliness, Comfort, and the temperature of the water. We value your opinion and appreciate your point of view - it keeps us honest. Thank you again for your review and for choosing the Stage Coach Inn.