“Old and dated motel”

Ranked #26 of 39 Hotels in West Yellowstone
Suwanee, Georgia
“Old and dated motel”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

We purchased a package from Two Top Snowmobile Rentals who set us up in this motel. I asked for a nice place (price wasn't an issue). Apparently they do not know what this means, because this motel was a step above an hourly rated motel. The bathroom was clean but run down. The enamel was worn off the bath tub. The mattresses were insanely old and was very uncomfortable. I can go on, but it isn't worth my time. If you want a cheap and old motel, then this is your place.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Jon S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Korean first
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

The people that gave service were great, they did their best to help, but the owner knows that it didn't work and will not replace it for the cost they say...we had to leave one day earlier because of that....

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Zalem-Oti
WEST GROVE,PA
Reviewed December 7, 2013

I stayed for 3 nights in February, the place was great!!!! It is quite off the beaten track, you can hear the wolves howling at night if you have your window open a tad.. The hotel is very very clean, the staff very friendly and helpful...It cracks me up when people are upset because the internet was down..I just don't get it......If you are looking for a clean quiet friendly off the beaten track Reasonable place to stay..Yellowstone Lodge is your spot. oh they do have cable tv..frig, coffee pot microwave and free small breakfast... The snow coaches will pick you up at the door and the staff will help you get hooked up for rides and other winter adventures...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank FREEBORNGIRL
Oregon City
Reviewed October 18, 2013

This was a great place to stay while visiting Yellowstone. It was a great value for the price. The room was large and clean. The kids loved the pool and we loved the hottub. Just a few blocks from the Yellowstone entrance. The breakfast is adequate though maybe a bit sparse.

I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed October 15, 2013

The hotel is just to the south of the centre of town in a quiet area.

The room was nice and big with a small table,large flat screen TV and two big beds. The bathroom was nice and clean. Furthermore there was a microwave and a refrigerator

Free Wifi internet worked well with sufficient speed for streaming media.

There was some noise coming in from the large ice-cube machine in the corridor so maybe ask for a room at the end of the corridor. And the walls are rather thin so sometimes you can hear your neighbours.

Breakfast was the usual grub with not much to choose from. Just cereals, bread, donuts, waffles to be warmed and some spreads. Nothing special and poor quality.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank SeimenBurum
Birmingham
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We did Not have a booking in west yellowstone but I had seen reviews of this hotel . We were greeted by friendly staff and there was a room for us !
The room was large with 2 queen beds , quiet, nice view .large anthropomorphic with tub and shower
There is a pool and hot spa with towels provided.
Breakfast was pastries, , fruit, cereal ,yoghurt and nice breads .
The hotel is within easy walking distance to the Main Street , the grizzly wolf discovery centre( well worth a visit) and five minutes by car to the entrance to yellowstone np

Room Tip: Higher floor has views
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Kissimmee, Florida, United States
Reviewed August 26, 2013

The reason I rated this hotel so poorly is because, during the two nights we stayed here, their internet was down. Not only was it down, but according to the lady at the front desk, the manager wouldn't believe that it was down.

We paid around $190.00 per night for this room. One of the main reasons we were there was because we're in the middle of an extended camping vacation, and needed a couple of days to catch up with stuff, which meant that we absolutely needed internet connectivity to make that happen. When I pay $190.00 per night, I don't expect the internet to be down any more than I would expect the electricity to be off. This is the 21st century and I don't care if it's West Yellowstone, Montana. I expect the internet to work.

In fairness to them, though, they did give me a little bit of a break on the room price of the room. That actually worked out because I discovered that, from my room, I had a good enough signal to connect to the Wyndham hotel across the street. I connected to them and paid for an internet usage by the day. The break in price they gave me helped to pay for that.

Other than the internet disappointment, this wasn't a bad hotel. The staff was generally friendly and the rooms were clean. The parking was good. Don't know what else you could want. Oh, yeah, internet!

Will I stay here again? No, I won't. There are plenty of places in West Yellowstone who's internet works just fine. If I have to pay this much for a mediocre room, I truely expect stuff to work when I get there.

Room Tip: I don't recommend that you stay here, but if you do, I would recommend that verify that the inte...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family