After a spectacular day in Yellowstone, we arrived in the sleepy West Yellowstone community. The Holiday Inn is just outside the park, so very convenient.
Our room (123) was on the first floor looking out into a parking lot. The wallpaper was peeling, the ventilation/air-conditioner was falling apart, the bathroom was tiny and in serious need of updating and the color scheme left you feeling if the place had been cleaned recently. The bed swung down from the wall, was low to the ground when lowered and the mattress was poor. We have stayed at several Hampton Inns on this trip and all of them, even the older ones are better equipped and maintained than this place. The Holiday Inn West Yellowstone was also very expensive given the quality of the place.
The people there were welcoming and friendly, but this is a poor advertisement for the Holiday Inn brand.
We learnt the following day that 1.4 million people a year enter Yellowstone through the west entrance; I hope that here are better alternatives than this hotel if you want to stay outside the Park.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This hotel is the premier destination for Yellowstone family vacations, memorable meetings, conventions, weddings, and corporate retreats. Amenities include renovated guest rooms and suites, indoor pool, hot tub, in room microwaves, mini fridges and free WiFi. Our full service restaurant offers Montana cuisine and a full bar. Open year-round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn West Yellowstone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn - West Yellowstone Hotel West Yellowstone
- West Yellowstone Holiday Inn