“Last Time”

Holiday Inn West Yellowstone
Ranked #5 of 39 Hotels in West Yellowstone
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Stayed at the Holiday Inn, West Yellowstone, Mt last night and this morning went to use the hair dryer and it did not work....called front desk...well maintenance was not in yet.....that was all the response I got. Left with wet hair! This is the last time I am staying at a Holiday Inn. Last summer with our 2 grandchildren stayed at Holiday Inn, Harrisburg, Pa. Took the kids to the indoor pool which had rooms all around it in a garden setting. Kids were swimming and there was a man outside his room SMOKING .....told the guy bring the towels about the smoke and he told me to go to the front desk. How was I going to take 2 wet kids to the front desk...dripping wet. Never again, will I stay at a Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: Do not stay at Holiday Inn.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Dianne G

Reviewed October 22, 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights in Oct, we would not stay here again for what it's costs. The front desk staff were not friendly at all and would not say anything to us as we came in and out several times a day. Our room was a suite and is in need of repair, especially the bathroom, torn wall paper and broken tiles plus moldy corners and yellowing caulking where previous repairs were made. The shower water would not stay a consistant temperature and kept getting scalding hot. The tub was so high, you almost needed a step stool to get in. The carpets were coming up at the seams in the bathroom. The king bed in the bedroom was comfy,but the hide away bed was extremely uncomfortable. All in all this motel needs a major overall and friendlier front desk staff. They made us feel like we were intruding.

• Stayed: October 2011
3  Thank sgeis
Reviewed October 21, 2011

Last weekend, we checked into this hotel, located right across the street from the old West Yellowstone depot and a stone's throw from the Grizzly and Wolf Discovery Center. Our room key didn't work! The green light went on, but we could not enter. We went back to the front desk and our lovely concierge said, yes, that happens sometimes -- a ghost in this old hotel prevents entry. She gave us a new room, amazing upgrade with a Jacuzzi. Anyway, the people here were absolutely lovely, the room great, the Jacuzzi a delight. I think I will never stay anywhere else in West Yellowstone.

Room Tip: Call ahead, and ask for a spa room.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wundersmack
Reviewed October 14, 2011

I didn't make it past the registration desk when I asked about prices for an overnight stay for two people. If you are traveling on a budget (who isn't these days?) then I would recommend that you not waste time inquiring here. There are less expensive and just as nice hotels/motels in the West Yellowstone area. Nothing wrong with the property or location. I just had issues with the price and chose to stay at another facility "just around the corner."

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank FKAW
Reviewed October 13, 2011

a very nice clean, comfortable place to stay outside the Park - so close to the West Gate - with very modern amenities, nice restaurant and bar, gift shop and a very interesting exhibition of a Pullman Palace Car - real restored car built in the beginning of the 20th century.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Check in...
I have over 200 nights this year in Priority Club hotels this year and I do covet my Platinum status and it isn't that I demand any kind of extras but I do like being treated as a VERY good customer. I am not saying that all customers shouldn't be treated well, but when we checked in there was a tray of cookies and juice sitting out in the lobby, my Dad who was traveling with me picked up a cookie and poured himself a glass of the juice while I was doing the check in... he was promptly informed by one of the staff that the cookies were for a tour group and not the general public. She was RUDE about it and immediately rolled the tray away. If you set out stuff to eat in the LOBBY of a hotel, expect people checking in to snag one. If they didn't want them going to the general public they shouldn't have had them where they did.

The room...
Not bad, two queen beds and a decent room, it was dated but still serviceable. Housekeeping was good.

The Restaurant...
Food was decent, but PRICEY

The Internet...
The hotel claims that they have all the bandwidth they can get... I call horse puckey on that. The connection is miserably slow at best and non existent at worse. The problem is simply not enough bandwidth for the amount of guests... easy problem to solve... just buy more bandwidth.

Bottom Line...
I wouldn't stay here again, not even on points... this hotel is 25000 Priority Club points a night. Crappy Internet speeds and the rude staff at check in really chapped my rear.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank FEMAtraveler
Reviewed October 1, 2011

We have stayed here a few times in recent years and have stayed at several other motels/hotels in West Yell ever since 1969. During this stay, we received an indifferent welcome, and encountered a room with several issues. The water temp in the shower would not stay set, it was either too hot or too cold, it wouldn't hold a setting between the two extremes. The bathroom had a noisy exhaust fan, the a/c unit could not be set for 'fan only'. the work desk drawer was broken and had splinters on the bottom edge right where your legs go under the desk. The internet connection was slow, especially in the evenings, one of the front desk staff told us that this slow-down it is a "town-wide problem". All things considered, the price we paid for this room was too much for the value we received.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple