“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lazy G Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West Yellowstone
Lazy G Motel
Ranked #16 of 39 Hotels in West Yellowstone
Lima, Peru
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

My parents (in their 70's) and my sister and I stayed at the Lazy G. We had the 2 bedroom unit and at an additional 10$/night we had access to the kitchenette. This was perfect for us. The unit had 2 separate bedrooms, one room had 1 full size bed and the other 2 full size beds. The best part was the large lounge area and kitchenette. We had 2 very early risers in our group, which meant they could watch TV have coffee and breakfast while the other 2 slept in. During some occasional rain storms, we had room to read, talk, or snack. Our hostess was friendly and informative of the local attractions. She even provided free of charge a cooler and ice.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank travelerdhh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Wellsville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

At first we were worried about the lack of air conditioning as we stayed in June. However, mornings & nights are very cool in Montana so it was not a problem as we were out in the park during the day. In fact the room got quite cool overnight with the fan on & the windows open. We did not have time to watch TV. Towels not great but not the worst. Owner Jan went above & beyond to help us with an computer/GPS equipment issue we had. Yes, the rooms are a little dated & yes, the coffee in the room is instant with a hot water boiler...but for the price I would definitely stay here again as it was very clean. If you want up to date rooms with all the amenities, go stay at the Holiday Inn or Three Bear Lodge where you will pay over $200/night. :)

Room Tip: I would stay here again
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank crystal b
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

Had a great time, very nice place to stay at, affordable, clean and very close to West Entrance. That said, they need Better online booking system. They made a mistake on my dates (3 nights instead of 4) so I had to scramble and find another place for the extra night. Overall still rate it very high.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Huzefa P
Gold Canyon,AZ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

My wife and I own a tour company. We travel frequently. We booked this motel because of the fantastic reviews that were written about it. We had 6 people in our group for a 2 night stay (3 rooms). The motel was right out of the 70's and it seemed nothing was changed since. The blanket on the bed was worn down and brown around the edges. It was originally a green blanket. The towels were tissue paper thin and the toilet paper seemed to be made of butterfly wings. The toilet was the lowest one I`ve ever used. There were only 2 pillows of dubious comfort. The coffee maker was not a coffee maker but a water boiler because there was instant coffee! When`s the last time you found instant coffee in a hotel room, 1970? The bathroom sink was under a window so the mirror was about 18" tall and all you saw in it was your waistline. There was another mirror mounted to the wall on the right side of the sink so if you leaned over the sink and bent to your left side you could see half your face. To my great surprise there was a flat screen TV but it was not HD so the picture was as fuzzy as an old conventional TV. Upon leaving we learned that one of our clients rooms had not been visited by housekeeping. The beds were unmade, the towels were not replaced and the "instant coffee" was not replaced either. We told the manager and she said because the way the beds had been left they did not remake them. The towels were still on the rack so they did not replace them. This I understand. Our clients were from Italy and are not familiar with American protocol. There was no explanation given for not replenishing the instant coffee. The manager was not "nice and friendly" like stated in the reviews I had read. I would not stay in this motel again and would not recommend it to anyone else either. Unless you`re into nostalgia.

Room Tip: Go to another motel!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank thecyclehanger
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 2 days while at Yellowstone. The people at the Lazy G were so nice and helpful. We were traveling on a motorcycle and storms were predicted, the lady at the hotel offered the use of her garage for both days She even ran out in a hale storm to open the door for us.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Debbie P
Long Island, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

Lazy G makes for a very nice base for exploring Yellowstone. It's less than 5 minutes to the west entrance. Located on a very quiet street. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. My one strike against it was the poor in-room internet service. If I was to sit outside my room, the internet service was terrific. It was early in the season so the patio furniture was just coming out as I was leaving but I can see the patio being a wonderful meeting place complete with a gas grill to use, if desired.

The pre-bagged ice was perfect for what I needed. Just take out the bag you need, drop it into the cooler and you're set for a day of exploration. If I was to come back to the area (which I hope to do), I would recommend the Lazy G to anyone looking for a nice small town relaxing hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank lirighty
Mandeville, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

The room was clean, water hot, and the fridge was bigger than most motels. The real bonus here was the recommendations for dining from the owner. She went 4 for 4 on restaurants saving us $$ and frustration. Great service from really nice folks. What did she pick? Bison Bar, Running Bear, Beartooth BBQ, & Pete's Pizza.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple