“Great two days”
Review of Lazy G Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West Yellowstone
Lazy G Motel
Ranked #17 of 39 Hotels in West Yellowstone
Tooele, Utah
“Great two days”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

We love going to West Yellowstone every year in September.. However this year I talked my husband into going the first of June for a couple of days. The place we generally stay was booked, however they did have one room left and wanted $189.00 per night. My husband and I were just going for a couple of days and was limited to funds on this trip..So I decided to give Lazy G Motel a call and I was so excited that it was going to cost us for two nights what one night at the other place was going to cost us.. My husband wasn't impressed he thought I had booked a dump and was not happy, on our way there we were running late due to our granddaughter wanted to go and we had to keep stopping for her. I called the hotel around 7:30 PM and the owner was really nice about us showing up late. She had our room ready as she promised and my husband's mouth fell to the floor he loved the motel it had plenty of room and our granddaughter even had a bed on the couch..My husband loved how clean it was and how friendly everyone was with out spending a lot of money...We probably will be staying there again as long as there is a room.....

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ppetersen44

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Its a motel, so don't expect fancy sheets and hardwood floors, but it was great. We spent all day in the Park and were thrilled to have a comfortable, clean room at a great rate. The lady who checked us in was so friendly. She even printed out a bunch of emails for my boyfriend, free of charge! West Yellowstone is a cute town and the Lazy G was perfect. We will return.

1 Thank sarahjeaton
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Our Yellowstone trip was quite last minute so we missed out on getting any lodges inside the park. Based on TripAdvisor reviews we found Lazy G and booked it over the phone. Janice our host was very gracious and the booking was hassle-free. The location of Lazy G is very convenient; about 8 blocks away from the West Yellowstone park entrance. Upon arriving we were given a room on the second floor along with a small kit containing toothpaste, men's gel, deodorant and body wash. Me and my husband just flipped over the rustic decor and how clean and spacious the room was! Janice and Yuni (I may have her name wrong,sorry!) are very nice and helpful. They gave us tips on what were the best places to eat in West Yellowstone which were spot on! We stayed at Lazy G for 4 days with our used linens replaced and room cleaned everyday. Although there wasn't a coffeemaker in the room; there was hot coffee and tea served in the office everyday between 7 AM - 10 PM. At such reasonable rates we couldn't have asked for more! Thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Lazy G :)

3 Thank Shivani M
Reviewed May 30, 2012 via mobile

We were very impressed by this motel. It isn't fancy, but you can tell by cleanliness of the rooms that the owner takes great pride in their establishment. In addition, the owners are friendly and helpful. We had to leave earlier then planned and the owner was kind enough to let us out of our reservation early with no penalty. Definitely the nicest motel I've ever stayed at!

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Ringhal87
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We spent 4 nights at this Motel last week. The location of this Motel is pretty good, as it is just 10 mins from the West YellowStone Gate. Since we were planning to spend 95% of our time in the park, all we needed was a clean and comfortable place to stay, at a low cost.

Lazy G Motel was perfect in that sense. Our room was clean, well kept everyday and with everything in it, EXCEPT for a microwave. It was an extremely very cold weekend and it would have been nice to have something to warm our morning tea and food at night.

We had no problems whatsoever at this place. The neighbourhood is good (lotsa restaurants around) and peaceful.

For the price, this place was worth it...

Room Tip: If you are planning to travel in Summer (July - August ), call them atleast 3 months in advance.
2 Thank Mpek
danville,va
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We had no reservations for Memorial Day weekend since we didn't know if Yellowstone would be open . 2 sisters and a brother, traveling together. I had no idea how many motels were in W. Yellowstone and had already tried 3 motels when I found a listing for the Lazy G on the internet. I called and spoke to Janice, the owner. She was very nice and helped me book 2 rooms but the room with 2 beds was upstairs, a hardship for my sister, and my brother was going to have to switch rooms for a second night's stay. However, the Trip advisor rating was excellent so I booked the two rooms. When we got there Janice told us she had a 2 bedroom unit with a small sitting room and shared bath on the first floor so we took that and saved quite a bit of money.
The unit was immaculately clean, the beds super comfortable, and the area very quiet. Janice also gave us nice little "goodie bags" with toiletries, a nice touch.
We were very pleased with our stay and would highly recommend this motel to anyone traveling through Yellowstone.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank travelerDanville_va
Newark, Delaware
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Stayed at the Lazy G based on reviews from TripAdvisor. The reviews were on target!!! I was able to get a room without a reservation during an off-season visit to Yellowstone. From the 2 wonderful ladies in the front desk to the very clean motel room, I enjoyed my short 1 night visit there. There was coffee offered in the lobby in the morning, but I passed on that for a sit down restaurant for breakfast. Again the ladies working the office recommended a local place just 2 blocks down the street.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo