“The staff could use some Customer Service training.”

Days Inn West Yellowstone
Ranked #20 of 39 Hotels in West Yellowstone
Reviewed September 29, 2010

The hotel is central and has oversize rooms which were very clean. However, the front desk staff were not very welcoming and looked a miserable lot. Breakfast was a nightmare, the food was fine, but you had to wait 30 to 45 minutes to get a table in the breakfast room. Many people just decided not to bother. It was also one of the most expensive places we stayed at on our tour. Try elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Yorkyboi

Reviewed September 22, 2010

We planned a last minute visit to Yellowstone last June and all in-park accomodations were full. The Days Inn was OK, met all of our basic needs and included an almost-free breakfast in the attached restaurant. You had to pay the tax and for your beverage. The voucher only covered one choice, which was a big breakfast. If you wanted anything different, you had to pay the full amount.
There was one serious safety issue. To get from the indoor pool to the office and many of the rooms, you need to cross the entrance to the parking area and reception area. When we arrived, a child ran right in front of our car. Luckily we were going very slowly and were able to stop. This is a very dangerous situation.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2010

Stayed for 2 night in the new building.
The room is what can be expected, nothing wrong with it. Pretty standard but not bad value in West Yellowstone.

The rate included breakfast coupons for the restaurant for the 2 egg breakfast, which was nice. But you should be aware that the seating procedure is a disaster.... be sure to get your name on the list asap, and then go do something else for 30 min. Else you'll be waiting for a long time.

Also got one of the fastest internet connections I had in quite a while.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2010

First:

We got stuck in a room that had a foul odor. I believe it was a dead rodent. We called the front desk, and the female clerk had no desire to help us. We then went down to the desk the next morning and asked again, and the same woman said that the cleaning crew had nothing to help us. So we ended up buying an air freshner at the local grocery store.

Second:

We were there for 5 nights and had a wonderful waitress at the breakfast area. Included with the room was the "Old #1" breakfast, which included sausage, eggs, hash browns, and toast. Every day, I ordered the meal without the eggs and hash browns. I simply wouldn't eat them and the blond-haired waitress kindly brought the meal as I asked. On top of that, she was such a wonderfully nice person.

On the last day, we had an older lady as our waitress. She wasn't very kind at all. I ordered the meal exactly the same way. However, she said I had to accept the items that I didn't want. After telling her that I had ordered it the same way all week and I was saving them time, money, and effort by not bringing everything that was included, she said "well, they weren't following the rules". What kind of an excuse is that? I asked her, "what if I was allergic to eggs, would you still bring me the eggs"? She shrugged her shoulders and walked away. Terrible, terrible waitress and service.

Third:

Back to the same desk clerk:-) On our last day there, we were in the lobby waiting for breakfast to open (this was the same breakfast as above!!!). There was a European gentleman asking about the postcards for sale. She was EXTREMELY rude to him, treating him like an outsider....worse than she treated us. He asked her if she was OK since it was so obvious that she was a bitter person, and she simply stated that "she was sick". Well, it must be a permanent sickness!

Lastly:

The walls are thin!!!!! Too noisy! Can you believe we paid $170 a night for this dump??? NEVER AGAIN!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
4  Thank crumblindown
Reviewed September 10, 2010

Manager pulled the "switch a roo" on me when I arrived. Going to charge my debit card to hold, then bill me with the hold already in place at check out. This resulted in an argument within minutes of checking in. She told me I did not have to stay here (Days Inn) Which would be fine if West Yellowstone wasn't the main tourist spot with 100 miles. Got it sorted out by charging me for my room immediatly, which she said was an option after the argument. Why not inform the guest of this option??? This lady does not like dealing with Debit Cards so beware. after the cool down she "upgraded me" intentionally or not, the room was fine and clean during my stay.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed September 8, 2010

My family and I stayed at the West Yellowstone Days Inn on our way into Yellowstone! It was perfect location for our trip. We stayed in the older section but it was fine beings we were only there to sleep. Kinda noisy, but that is not the hotels fault. Staff was nice and accomodating and helped us in figuring out the attractions and directions to get there! We had a great time! Our children LOVED the waterslide!! They also recommended going to the Grizzley and Wolf Discovery Center and that was Cool, the kids loved it! We ate at a local Pizza place and it was great food! We enjoyed our time in West Yellowstone!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2010

Got out of Yellowstone late, decided to stay at West Yellowstone. Have stayed at MANY Days Inns. Did not have a chance to check reviews, so trusted Days Inn. Wrong.! Staff was OK but the observations were something. Do you know they fill the OLD hotel first, then give rooms out to the new side? And the room was poor. Honestly, they could have slipped the decimal one point to the left, from $154.43 to $15.44. The Breakfast observations were hilarious. Walk in with your ticket, they take your name and you wait outside, they call you in, and within mere minutes your breakfast #1 arrives (obviously pre-made). Here is the hilarious part. There were 7 free tables, count them 7 tables empty when we signed up. All were clean, there were no less then three waitresses and waiter, and a guy busing!! We were not the only ones who noticed the obvious. Don't waste your time. This place is just a poor place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple