“What a dump!!!”

Days Inn West Yellowstone
Ranked #20 of 39 Hotels in West Yellowstone
Reviewed August 20, 2008

I found this hotel on the internet. I wish I would've looked on tripadvisor. It was dirty, old, the day staff at the desk was rude. The hallway in the older building is concrete. The studs in the walls are exposed. The furnishings look like the 80's.

I made the reservation over the phone. I also got taken by them with their no cancellation policy. It's apparently the only way that they can get anyone to stay once they see it. I know that the picture looks nice on the websites, but trust me, it's not.

The slide in the pool lands right next to the side of the pool. My daughter would've gotten hurt if a strange, nice man in the pool hadn't stopped her from hitting the side.

I asked them to make things right with us after we were back home. They wouldn't e-mail me back. I figure they probably get lots of complaints. If I go to West Yellowstone again, I'll probably try the Kelly Hotel. It's a lot nicer and turned out to be the same price.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed August 18, 2008

Stayed Aug 13. Room was very clean. The pool was the only plus. If you have kids they will love the pool slide! It was walking distance to things in town. They did have a restaurant on site but only open for breakfeast ! And the food was so so. They do not have room service. So if you want towles you have to go to the front desk yourself to get them. This is nothing fancy. It is a motel with a hotel price! Stay at a motel and save your money to do somthing in Yellowstone.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2008

I stayed here with 4 kids. They were thrilled with the water slide in the pool, as expected. The room was OK -- nothing to get excited about, but no problems and clean.

The breakfast next morning was very good, with nicely cooked food at a dirt-cheap price.

• Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed August 2, 2008

I was a little worried about this hotel because of bad reviews I had read about it. We were placed in the older section where people had written bad reviews about. It really wasn't bad. Yes, the room was older, but the furnishings/carpets appeared newer. It was clean. The bathroom/shower was the worse thing about the room, but we only stayed for 2 nights. The water temperature was a little hard to regulate in the shower because of old faucets. The outside of the hotel has been updated. The restaurant was ok. They give you a free breakfast coupon for each morning, but there is only one dish that is free on the menu. The breakfast food in the restaurant wasn't bad, but there are better restaurants in town. If you want to save some money, this is an accpetable hotel. When I say save money, that is relative in West Yellowstone in the summer. I would not have paid what I paid for this hotel anywhere place. I only paid it because I made late reservations. It was overpriced but it is in a popular tourist area.

• Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed August 1, 2008

Though clean, the attitude of the management was acrimonious. Our room reservation was incorrect, they did not want to correct it.

There were three of us checked in the room, they only gave us breakfast coupons for two people, refused to give us anything for the third person.

The breakfast coupon was for part of a breakfast only, did not include any beverage, was limited to one choice on the menu, and we had to pay the tax for the full list price of the meal. So where was the free breakfast.

The management was rude and uncaring. The service staff seemed to be working under threat of reribution from the management. NO ONE smiled, no one said thank you.

Everyone should boycott this place.

They deserve to be put out of business.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 22, 2008

We booked this hotel because it was essentially the only place we could find with any availability. The price ended up being a little higher than the other places we stayed near Yellowstone, but still reasonable.

The front desk staff were efficient, and answered our questions, but they looked like they really wished they were doing something else. Would it hurt them to crack a smile?

Our room was, I believe, in the newer part of the hotel, and was adequate, albeit a bit smaller than some. It was clean, and everything worked, with the exception of the ice machine on our floor, so we had to go either up or down for ice.

The pool was noisy and full of kids, and closed at 10 p.m. We wanted to go in, but it was too crowded, and closed too early. It would have been nice if they had an adult swim after, say, 9 or 10, for an hour or so.

Breakfast consisted of a voucher for their restaurant, and did not include drinks, taxes, or tip, so the "free" breakfast ended up costing five bucks or so. And, as someone else noted, it was for one item on the menu, so fine if you wanted bacon (or sausage) and eggs, but you had to pay full price if you wanted pancakes.

All in all, not a bad experience, but not a great one, either.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 16, 2008

My wife and I reserved our room 7 months prior. Upon arrival the hotel receptionist was rude. Our room was directly over the swimming pool and the floor and beds vibrated all night. I asked to be moved the receptionist was once again extremely rude. She would not help. Finally after no sleep around 2am I ask them again to please move us to another room because we could not sleep with all the motor noise and floor and bed vibration. They final decided to move us the next morning. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family