“Poor quality hotel that cheats customers”

Days Inn West Yellowstone
Ranked #20 of 39 Hotels in West Yellowstone
Reviewed November 25, 2012

The West Yellowstone Days Inn is poor quality. The bed mattresses are old and sagging. The pillows are typical cheap, soft, and poor quality. Room furnishings are also old. In addition, both the hotel website advertises that breakfast is included with the room. But when I checked in the front desk staff informed me that the restaurant had been reserved by a private party and no breakfast was included, despite the hotel advertising clearly including breakfast. The front desk staff could care less about honoring what is supposed to be included in the room rate. Other hotels including the Stagecoach Inn are better situated and more honest.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank sbraun0101

Reviewed October 22, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank YASUO N
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Off the beaten path, plenty of parking. The breafast isn't really kid friendly, with an almost empty hotel, the cleaning staff was eager to get done early and camped outside of our room until we checked out. we felt rushed and checked out sooner than was needed.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank fattig
Reviewed October 9, 2012

My sister and I were passing through town on a cross country drive. This hotel served its purpose - clean and quiet. The cost was rather high, but given that the town is immediately outside Yellowstone - I'd consider it acceptable. And by the way, it's only like five minutes from the park entrance - pretty awesome. We did not eat breakfast since we wanted to get on the road nor did we try out the pool but we could see some kids having a blast.

Room Tip: Request to be on a floor other than the first floor (quieter). Also request to be in the newer secti...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jgriffing87
Reviewed September 29, 2012

This hotel was more reasonally priced than any other hotel in town. The entire place is way over priced because it is closest to the park. We did manage to get a room in the new part, good size area, two queens. Large bath with sink in main area. Pool and 2 hot tubs were great and clean, you have to go to office for towels. Plenty of parking. The restaurant for breakfast was good if you got there early they were pretty fast. I think its crazy to charge for drinks though. I think if we are ever in Yellowstone maybe the hotels in the park make more sense. The hotel is good but nothing fancy.

Room Tip: get into the new part, rooms are better
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jaynewan
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed at this hotel 9/9/12 through 9/11/12. Booked it online. If you decide to stay here make sure you get in the new section. Those rooms looked much better. Unfortunately we got an old section room that originally had outdoor access. They had a makeshift closed in cover but it was pretty tacky. The room was outdated. Very old TV. There was a queen and single bed in the room. The air conditioner/heater unit was right next to the queen bed and blew directly over you. Not the best situation. We were on the first floor and you could hear every step the people above us made. They got up around 6am each moring and woke us up. I tried to get a room change but they wanted another $60 bucks a night for a king unit. I decided it wasn't worth it and to just make do. The free breakfast at Trappers was very nice but I thought it was strange they made you pay for beverages. Be aware a lot of bus trips stay here and the resturant is often crowded. The personnel I encountered were friendly. They also had a decent indoor pool with a water slide. West Yellowstone is a nice jumping off point for daily vists into Yellowstone national park.

Room Tip: Make sure you book a room in the new section.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lovetotravel075
Reviewed September 13, 2012

So I arrived in West Yellowstone on Labor day weekend, with no advance bookings, and was happy to secure a room at this property for two nights. The rates were reasonable for a holiday weekend and were cheaper than those being offered in surrounding property. I would consider myself a value based traveller and the rates being offered that weekend, in my mind, were good value. Holiday weekend, last minute, close to Yellowstone, walk to amenities in town. You get the picture.
The rooms are basic, clean and have everything you need. Breakfast (of sorts) was included in the rates but I did not partake as I was not overly impressed with the look of the place and I know there is a much better place across the street.

I also got a ground floor room on the side which allowed for easy parking outside (like a motel) which I also appreciated.

Overall a fine place, good clean accommodation close to one of the most stunning national parks in the USA.

Room Tip: I liked the rooms on the side which allowed for easy parking - most road trippers would appreciate t...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo