“Yellowstone visit”

Brandin' Iron Inn
Ranked #15 of 39 Hotels in West Yellowstone
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 1, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights at the Brandin' Iron. Samantha was wonderful. She went the extra steps to make sure out visit was enjoyable. We had car trouble and she recommended a great mechanic. It was fixed in an 1 1/2hrs. The rate was even better. She had made sure that if our car was not ready that we would have a couple more nights if necessary.
I would definetly stay there again. I will highly recommend it to any who wants to know.

Mary Welsh

There are newer reviews for Brandin' Iron Inn

Reviewed May 21, 2012

On a cross country move from New Jersey to Monterey California, we recently stayed at Brandin' Iron Inn at the West entrance to Yellowstone park In the seven day X country trip it was actually the cheapest and best hotel we stayed at. We were staying motly at Super 8's and Motel 6's due to them being pet friendly. Of the many motels in West Yellowstone, we chose Brandin' Iron Inn because their sign advertised that they were pet frienly and had free internet. It was also within walking distance of the center of the town with all of it's stores and restaraunts. The front door staff was extremely helpful, efficient and friendly.

Highlights of the Brandin' Iron Inn

* Right by the West entrance to Yellowstone park.
* Clean well decorated rooms (recently refurbished)
* Pet Friendly (small pet cleaning charge)
* Jacuzzi
* Laundry facilities
* Walking distance to everything in town
* Free hot breakfast
* Great free WiFi

Incedentally, we spent a whole day touring the Park and saw the most animals, Bison, Elk, etc right near the West entrance.

My wife and I, and our three cats give the Brandin' Iron Inn our highest recommendation.

1  Thank JeffMacfarlane
BrandinIronInn, Owner at Brandin' Iron Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2012

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Brandin' Iron Inn in West Yellowstone! Our goal is to continually exceed our guests expectations, and make sure your visit to Yellowstone is as memoriable as it can be. Thank you for staying at the Brandin Iron Inn!
The Roberson Family

Reviewed May 21, 2012

This hotel was booked via our tour company so we had no idea of what to expect in the tiny little tourist town. In fact, this was the hotel that I was most apprehensive of...but to our surprise, it was a lovely little hotel. Room was clean and tidy. Staff was friendly enough. Our room was large and more than adequate for 3 adults. Not that town is big, but we were right in the middle and could walk to eat. We were out of season so the other hotels looked empty and older, but this was was a nice surprise. I would definitely recommend this to any traveler.

2  Thank giftedelaine
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We have been to this nice little Inn 5 times over the past 2 years. The rooms are always clean and the beds comfortable. The staff is friendly and accommodating; always ready to help you. The computer in the lobby was a big help to us on our last trip! The breakfast is nice with some good options and you won't go hungry. (Just wish it opened up earlier in off peak season)
If I had one suggestion, it would be that they definitely upgrade the TV systems. Even though we're not in the room most of the day, I still couldn't even get a menu of what was coming on, and the programming is very limited. Other than that, we wouldn't stay anywhere else in West Yellowstone considering what you get for your money.

Room Tip: You might want to ask if there are any 'pet people' next door to you if you are not travelin...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank RSDenver
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Great hotel for the price. Close to everything, clean and very friendly staff.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank ShirleyAD
Reviewed February 5, 2012

I booked my stay here as part of a snowmobile package; this was the mid-to higher range hotel option. I haven't seen the interior of other hotels in West Yellowstone, but everything in town looks tired and run down and half the town is closed in winter, so I didn't have high expectations. The room was generally clean (a few hairs on the shower wall). Amenities were basic (coffee maker, small fridge), small table/chairs, tv not flat screen, so-so picture. The hot tubs were indoors and nice. You may park in front of the first floor rooms and there are outlets to allow you to plug in heaters if needed in the cold weather (we saw lots of people using these our final morning there with temps well below zero). Breakfast is also basic continental, although I did see eggs and sausage gravy available). Staff are very friendly and offered suggestions for restaurants (helpful since so many are closed during the winter). The lobby had comfortable leather couches and televisions. It is conveniently located near the Yellowstone entrance and within walking distance of many hotels and other attractions. For the winter package price, I was satisfied.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Journeying_Jean
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Stayed at the Brandin Inn as part of a photo workshop group so had no say over the accommodation. I think given the number of hotels in the area I would probably have gone for the something else. The accommodation was comfortable and given that I didn't spend much time in the room was adequate but as I say in the title it was looking tired. I think its probably time for a refit.
The staff were extremely helpful and friendly and all in all I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends