The room was typical Best Western layout of the motor lodge category. There were no surprises; a nice clean room was offered. We stayed for four nights. The beds we had were on the firm side and there were four pillows for each bed. Our room had a microwave, a flat screen, iron, hair dryer, coffee maker and a refrigerator. The property is not new but is well maintained. Inside our room was an eclectic mix of furnishings. My only complaint here was the non adjustable desk chair (office depot special executive chair) that required my computer on my lap to type out other reviews. The facility does have an indoor pool area but we were simply too beat exploring the park to use it.
The staff were courteous and professional. Room staff were thorough in their cleaning each morning. The continental breakfast area was small and BW provided trays to take your food to your room just for this reason. Items were typical fare: hard boiled eggs, canned sausage gravy, heat-n-serve biscuits, two cereal selections, breads, french toast, and danish. This was complimented with apple juice, orange juice, milk, and two fruit selections. The coffee was not brewed but from the machine, however I could get my brewed cup within my room. There are also plenty of espresso shops in the area if the need for a really good cup of java were necessary.
Overall, our experience here was positive although I did not sleep well on our firm mattress. It was however, exactly as we expected. This was the most expensive Best Western I can recall staying in thanks to the area and the three separate taxing entities that added to the cost of the room. Our nightly rate of $168 came with an $18.20 discount but add the taxes in and our nightly total was $181.17.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Yellowstone National Park is the first National Park in the world and for very good reason has been a top tourist destination since its opening in 1872. It's a WONDERLAND and the Crosswinds Inn is located right next to it. We are just 3 blocks from the West entrance which is the most popular way to enter the Park. This makes us the perfect base for you to see the parks many amazing geysers, grizzly bears, wolves, bison, elk and of course, Old Faithful, the most popular geyser on Earth! The Crosswinds Inn has 70 rooms that have ALL been completely renovated. We are a 100% non-smoking facility and we offer free continental breakfast and free Wi-Fi. We also allow pets in our designated pet rooms. All pets must be registered at time of check-in and we do charge a $20 one time pet cleaning fee. After a day spent amid natural wonders, relax in our heated indoor pool and whirlpool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Crosswinds Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Cross-Winds Motor Hotel West Yellowstone
- Best Western West Yellowstone
- West Yellowstone Best Western