“Pleasant stay!”
Review of Crosswinds Inn

Crosswinds Inn
Ranked #21 of 39 Hotels in West Yellowstone
Reviewed May 28, 2011

I was a bit apprehensive after reading some bad reviews, but our stay at this BW was quite pleasant. The room was OK, nice tube at bathroom, nice bed, refrigerators and microwave. Friendly staff at check-in. Breakfast room a little cramped, but had nice hot sandwiches, boiled eggs, yogurts and the other usuals. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
dasahni, General Manager at Crosswinds Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2011

Thank you so much for your review! We appreciate your business and welcome the opportunity to serve your lodging needs again should you ever visit West Yellowstone again.

Reviewed October 26, 2010

Room was okay. Overpriced for what it was. Besides the lackk of attention to the rooms and to the rules of the town.. i.e while we were there a bear was shot in town and all are supposed to be aware with bear proof garbage etc.. This place has regular city type trash bins and they are always overflowing. The breakfast was frozen burritos microwaved and kept in a warmer. No space to sit and eat so everyone has to take it back to the nasty rooms.
The week ended with watchinf the manger/owner/housekepper (he kept changing his titles at will ) berate and scream and be ouright rude to a very nice handicapped woman and her children. He did this right out in front of her door and then continued it into the office/lobby/breakfast room.
He is a disgrace to the hotel industry and to gentleman in general.
For his behavior and lack of control of his anger I WOULD NEVER STAY NOR RECCOMEND this hotel to anyone. Nothing in this establishment is superb.I will be contacting Best Western to make them aware of the people behind their name.
DISGRACEFUL

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank starfish2772
dasahni, Owner at Crosswinds Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2010

The handicapped (not in a wheelchair) guest you are referring to is either yourself or the woman you shared the room with. The issue was that she did not have a reservation for the handicapped room for her 3rd night and we had that room booked for a guest in a wheelchair and she refused to move even though she was not in a wheelchair and did not need a handicapped room. After she became angry, hostile and threatening we asked her to leave the hotel and she refused to check out, if it was that horrible why did she stay 3 nights and refuse to leave??? We were at the point of calling the police to remove her but chose to contact the person in the wheelchair who had that room reserved for the night and ask if they would be able to utilize a non handicapped room on the 1st floor and they were very gracious, kind and understanding so this is the only reason we did not contact police to have her removed.

Our continental breakfast consists of 3 types of cereal, toast, breakfast sandwiches, muffins, french toast, oatmeal, donut holes, apples, oranges, 3 types of juice, coffee, tea, hot chocolate and skim and 2% milk.

Reviewed October 1, 2010

To start as soon as we opened the door we were bombarded with air freshener. We had to open the windows to air the place out. We wanted a shower, so after airing out the room, we turned on the heat in the bathroom. It didn't work, so smelling of sulphur after a long day in Yellowstone we went to bed. Not to sleep mind you, the elephants stomping on the floor upstairs kept us awake until well after midnight, not to mention the noisy water pipes clanging all night. At 6AM the tour bus started up right outside our door, and ran for half an hour before beep, beep, beeping its way out of the parking lot. The continental breakfast left a lot to be desired, choice of stale bread, stale muffins, cereal, and apples. The coffee was frozen bag in a box, not good tasted stale. When I spoke to the front desk person about all the problems, their only response was we will tell the manager!!! For a room that cost $177 a night, I will stay in the mom and pop place across the street the next time I visit!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cactus140
dasahni, Owner at Crosswinds Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2010

I apologize that your stay was not satisfactory and based on our e-mails between each other I trust that you are satisfied with our efforts to make amends. Thank you again for staying with us and I appreciate your contact with Best Western. We listen to everything our guests have to say and are continually seeking to improve.

Reviewed September 8, 2010

Great location, clean Beyond that, not much good to say. Difficult to sleep and get refreshed for following day of touring the park due to very, very thin walls and floors. We heard every move by people above us. I found myself praying that they would be exhausted and go to bed by 9pm! To make matters worse, the TV reception was horrible. Couldn't use that to muffle the goings on above. Will have to find another spot next time!

Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hayesdj10

I wanted to take the time to thank you for your review. We do listen to everything our guests have to say and we do our best to make improvements wherever possible. We, along with the rest of the town, did have issues with our cable provider and we believe that we have solved those issues. We also realize there are some guests who are much more noisy than others and it appears you must have had some above you and I apologize for that. We are currently looking at each room and determining if there is anything we can do to add additional insulation between floors and walls. Thank you again for staying with us and I appreciate your comments.

Reviewed June 29, 2010

Very clean and comfortable rooms. Everything included from coffee pott, hair dryer and even micro and fridge. Located within easy walking distance to all shops and restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank horsemamaFL
Reviewed February 5, 2010

This hotel is in a nice location in a tourist friendly town, as one would expect being so close to Yellowstone. I am a travel agent for a major company and this company has a preferred partnership with Best Western. I have booked many customers into Best Western hotels nationwide with great feedback and results and I have personally stayed in many Best Western hotels and always enjoyed each stay. With that said, to be quite honest, I wasn't very impressed with this hotel. It doesn't have the look of a major hotel brand. Its a older hotel that looks like its in need of a renovation to fit Best Western standards. When we first pulled in the parking lot I was not suprised to see the parking lot empty because I knew that the guests were likely in Yellowstone. Checking in was no problem as the front desk clerks were very friendly and helpful. We were assigned a room on the 2nd floor on the other side of the parking lot and on our way to our room we noticed the members of the maid and maintenance crew and at first a little nervous as to what our room would be like, but when we got into our room I found it to be clean and comfortable. After checking in and looking at our room we left and went to Old Faithful and later on that evening upon our return we noticed that the parking had filled almost completely and finding a parking space was a challange. It was also a good thing that we had a 2nd floor room because the place seemed a bit noisy as we were going up the steps to our room. The breakfast room was very tiny, noisy, and very crowded. I found myself saying excuse me many times trying to get around the breakfast room. I can't speak for the other guests that were eating there breakfast, but if it were me I wouldn't like people constantly brushing up against me while I am eating. In a place like this where there are many visitors the breakfast room needs to be much much larger than what it is now. As far as the breakfast itself I thought it was ok, but we had to take it across the parking lot and up the steps to our room because there simply wasn't enough room for us to relax and eat in the breakfast room, which was very inconvienent and unacceptable. Knowing what I know now, unless the this hotel was completely remodeled to meet standards I would not book my customers here. The price of this hotel was way to high for a hotel like this.

• Stayed: September 2009
2  Thank TheTraveler_10
Reviewed December 25, 2009

This motel is average and definitely 2 stars. It was a last minute trip to Yellowstone during Labor Day Weekend, so pickins were slim for hotel rooms.

When we checked in, I witnessed less than stellar service by the blond girl that we nicknamed Smilely; she was this surly little thing. We were being helped by a young guy and that was going on without a hitch. But then, this young Asian couple walks in and Smiley has to wait on them. She couldn't understand the Asian lady and kept making Asian lady spell her name. To this day, I can still hear the Asian lady spell her name. I know how to spell her name because she had to keep repeating herself about 50 million times and Smiley kept barking "What?" She wasn't polite about it and acted bothered that she had to check them in.

It seemed that Smiley was the exception because the young guy checking us in was alright. He gave us a directions with a map to a local restaurant. The housekeeper (another guy) was polite and the Breakfast Attendant was friendly.

The room is dated and smelled funky. The bathroom had been updated and appeared clean. The curtains in the room were newer. The linens were in good condition. We were got a 2nd story room, so we have no complaints about noise. I think if you're going to stay here, request a 2nd story room. The bed was average to less than average.

The breakfast room was very cramped and flooded with tourists. Guests left their trays all over the place. The Breakfast Attendant asked us if everything was ok.

Keep in mind this is a tourist place. We walked to get a latte and when we came back to check out, the place had cleared out. And guess who we gave our key to? Smiley! Who barely cracked a smile as we left. I think it was grimace.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple