“Pricey and Small Cabins”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in West Yellowstone
Yellowstone Park KOA
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stayed here for a family vacation for four nights in August of 2012. We payed a lot for a small deluxe cabin. The bottom bunk in the beds left barely enough room to turn over. They require you to bring your own bedding as well. The KOA in Jackson was much nicer with newer cabins for only a couple of more dollars per night. I love Yellowstone and my kids loved the pool but for the money we were hoping for a little more.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Not sure I would actually recommend this location to anyone. There is nothing that stands out as especially good. It is fine for a stop and go, but who would stay in West Yellowstone for just 1 night? I might have given a single point higher in service had it not been for a rude girl at the desk. As it stands, factoring in everything, this is just an average location that costs more than it is worth.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

We took 5 kids and the dog for week. This place is very family friendly. The staff are friendly and the cabins are nice and allow for privacy. The kids loved the pool and the bike rentals. We will be back.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We camped in our tent camper in a back-in treed spot away from the hustle and bustle of the office and main road. We have a 20 foot electric cord but could have used a longer one as the electric box is towards the back of the spot. The staff were very helpful any time we had questions. We had a blast playing putt-putt golf. We stayed 3 nights and drove into Yellowstone every day. We were 6 miles outside of the northwest entrance and not too far from Old Faithful and many other must visit spots in Yellowstone Park. Each morning my son and I split an adult breakfast - abundant and yummy - and hooked up to the wifi to check our emails. The showers next to the store area are great. Rather than having my 11 year old go into a community bathroom by himself, the single shower rooms by the office are a better option for families like ours. I really appreciate the KOAs that have this option. One of the best KOAs where we have camped. Thanks for a great stay KOA.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I really only have one negative thing to say about the my time at this KOA, unfortunately it was so bad it casts somewhat of a shadow on the entire experience.

We got the "Delux" cabin. For some reason they put us in the handicapped one, which we did not need nor request (It has a fireplace and a ramp to get in, also seems to lack a bed, subbing it for a futon and bunk beds in spare room). The only issue was the beds. They shouldn't even be called that. They're just foam mats on wooden frames. Very uncomfortable, sleeping on the floor would be almost as uncomfortable.

I would assume that this nice of a cabin for the price would have had at least semi-decent bedding, but no. My friend who was in the bunk beds reported the same extreme dissatisfaction with his bed.

For what it's worth everyone was very nice. The site seemed very clean and everyone was quite friendly, location was nice, views were fantastic.

Bottom line, avoid the cabins unless you understand to bring your own mattress pads or even an airbed.

Room Tip: Be aware that cabins have horrible bedding.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sal G
Reviewed September 10, 2012

With the indoor pool, mini golf, playground, rental bikes, there are tons of things to keep kids busy. Bathrooms were clean but alittle in need to TLC. Site (tent) were nice and away from the RV's. Store is well stocked and has yummy fudge. Coffee shop has great coffee too. The only bad thing was the "camp ground warden" who likes to tell you to be quiet and sneaks up on you whilel you are talking to friends and family. Otherwise, we had fun. No problems with reservations, rudeness and anything negative. Great location to Yellowstone NP. Would recommend.

Room Tip: I think tent sites are super quiet compared to RV sites.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I have to say that I was a little skeptical when I booked a cabin at this KOA, as I have seen some KOA's that are really run down and nasty. However, my neighbor had just stayed there and said it was great. Comparing to the hotel prices in town, I couldn't pass up the price. My family and I were very Pleasantly Suprised when we got there. The KOA has a very nice store where you can buy everything from postcards, to groceries and even FRESH baked goods. It was even pretty nice to see that they had Firewood and marshmallows for those of us that had not planned for the "smores" activities. They also had a gaming room, laundry facilities, outdoor game area, go carts and bikes to rent and a very nice indoor pool. There was also a cooking area where it appreared they had made burgers and other things, but we got there so late they are cleaning up.

The bathroom situation is a little odd, you share a large bathroom with private showers. It was just a little crowded, but that is to be expected. However, they were well stocked and pretty clean (even at 11pm). There also was a community kitchen area with fulll working stoves and sinks. There were alot of people using them, but my family ate cold cereal.

The cabins were very clean. It was nice and cool if you left the windows open all night and for the most part all the neighboring cabins were pretty respectful of others sleeping and whatnot! Also, it wasn't that big of a deal to take your own sleeping bags and pillows (just pack clean pillow cases in suitcase...then you don't have to worry about the kids getting them dirty on the drive). There is also WiFi available, my husband had a little trouble connecting at first, but the people at the desk were quick to help and it was easy from then on, however it is a little SLOW!

The whole experience was great! My kids loved the pool and I felt like everyone was very polite. I highly recommend others to go there. You can tent, RV, or rent a cabin and no matter what it is wonderful. We will definately do it again.

Room Tip: The cabins were great for my family of 4. The beds are perfect size and I love the type of mattresse...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family