“Cabins didn't seem worth it.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Yellowstone Park KOA

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in West Yellowstone
Yellowstone Park KOA
Boise, Idaho, United States
“Cabins didn't seem worth it.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

I really only have one negative thing to say about the my time at this KOA, unfortunately it was so bad it casts somewhat of a shadow on the entire experience.

We got the "Delux" cabin. For some reason they put us in the handicapped one, which we did not need nor request (It has a fireplace and a ramp to get in, also seems to lack a bed, subbing it for a futon and bunk beds in spare room). The only issue was the beds. They shouldn't even be called that. They're just foam mats on wooden frames. Very uncomfortable, sleeping on the floor would be almost as uncomfortable.

I would assume that this nice of a cabin for the price would have had at least semi-decent bedding, but no. My friend who was in the bunk beds reported the same extreme dissatisfaction with his bed.

For what it's worth everyone was very nice. The site seemed very clean and everyone was quite friendly, location was nice, views were fantastic.

Bottom line, avoid the cabins unless you understand to bring your own mattress pads or even an airbed.

Room Tip: Be aware that cabins have horrible bedding.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sal G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Edgeley
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

With the indoor pool, mini golf, playground, rental bikes, there are tons of things to keep kids busy. Bathrooms were clean but alittle in need to TLC. Site (tent) were nice and away from the RV's. Store is well stocked and has yummy fudge. Coffee shop has great coffee too. The only bad thing was the "camp ground warden" who likes to tell you to be quiet and sneaks up on you whilel you are talking to friends and family. Otherwise, we had fun. No problems with reservations, rudeness and anything negative. Great location to Yellowstone NP. Would recommend.

Room Tip: I think tent sites are super quiet compared to RV sites.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Clearfield, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

I have to say that I was a little skeptical when I booked a cabin at this KOA, as I have seen some KOA's that are really run down and nasty. However, my neighbor had just stayed there and said it was great. Comparing to the hotel prices in town, I couldn't pass up the price. My family and I were very Pleasantly Suprised when we got there. The KOA has a very nice store where you can buy everything from postcards, to groceries and even FRESH baked goods. It was even pretty nice to see that they had Firewood and marshmallows for those of us that had not planned for the "smores" activities. They also had a gaming room, laundry facilities, outdoor game area, go carts and bikes to rent and a very nice indoor pool. There was also a cooking area where it appreared they had made burgers and other things, but we got there so late they are cleaning up.

The bathroom situation is a little odd, you share a large bathroom with private showers. It was just a little crowded, but that is to be expected. However, they were well stocked and pretty clean (even at 11pm). There also was a community kitchen area with fulll working stoves and sinks. There were alot of people using them, but my family ate cold cereal.

The cabins were very clean. It was nice and cool if you left the windows open all night and for the most part all the neighboring cabins were pretty respectful of others sleeping and whatnot! Also, it wasn't that big of a deal to take your own sleeping bags and pillows (just pack clean pillow cases in suitcase...then you don't have to worry about the kids getting them dirty on the drive). There is also WiFi available, my husband had a little trouble connecting at first, but the people at the desk were quick to help and it was easy from then on, however it is a little SLOW!

The whole experience was great! My kids loved the pool and I felt like everyone was very polite. I highly recommend others to go there. You can tent, RV, or rent a cabin and no matter what it is wonderful. We will definately do it again.

Room Tip: The cabins were great for my family of 4. The beds are perfect size and I love the type of mattresse...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank jrdclfd
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

This KOA was convienently located near the west entrance to Yellowstone. The company store was very well stocked with anything that you would need. It contained a wide variety of adult beverages as well. The kids loved the playground, and the enclosed pool as it was in the 90's the day we stayed. Our RV site was near the back of the park and close to the rear bathrooms. They were clean, and had enough toilet and shower stalls to accomodate the volume of people I. And out of the bathrooms.
We went down to the chuck wagon style dinner and had a great time. The cook was a blast to be around and it looked like he really enjoyed his job. There was a wide selection of menu items to choose from that I would not expect at a KOA. My one real concern is cross contamination of the food items. We watched as the cooking staff would handle various types of meat from steak, fish, BBQ ribs, burgers without washing their hand or using gloves. My sister-in-law had the ribs and felt sick all night long. I had the steak and was up all night on the next day throwing up at the very poor Jackson Hole KOA (see that review - steer clear of that KOA). I do not know if our ill feelings we're due to the food or what, but they need to pay closer attention to cross contamination.
I do not feel that the money charged ($90 for one night water &electric only, no sewer) was worth it at this location. If I did this again, I would per-book a site in the park that has electric hookups.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Scott L
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

There are only 4 male and 4 female showers w hot water at this koa. Don't bother going to bath house by office for a hot shower. This campground has a great location, but it is $90 per night camping cabins. There are too many people, and there is not enough space. We liked the Cody one better, but it is a hike. Next time we will probably stay in the Tetons. Those campgrounds did not fill up.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Fond du lac
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

We stayed in the cabin for 5 days. It was perfect! Very nicely arranged for activities,fire pit, bathroom, and access to the park. Most important to me was the fact their shower facilities were clean. We enjoyed the porch swing. The temperature inside the cabin at night was perfect, and in case it wasn't they had a portable heater. Couldn't have been more perfect for a family of 4.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

When we called to make reservations we knew it was short notice, but were told it wouldn't be a problem,but when we got there a very rude man (Bernie) tried to belittle us! He talked down to a very nice young lady that was trying to help us resolve a cabin issue! We also noticed that whenever he came up to the desk that there was an overwhelming smell of body odor! Whenever he left so did the smell! We have stayed in so many koa camps and have never ever had any problems until this time! The cabin and the shower/restrooms were not up to Koa standards! The doors are falling off the showers and the doors are cut so hi that you can almost see parts of people's bodies I'm sure they don't want seen! I would never recommend this Koa to anyone! Its a shame that they represent Koa!

• Stayed August 2012