“Friendly owners, nice motel.”
Review of Alpine Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West Yellowstone
Alpine Motel
Ranked #1 of 39 Hotels in West Yellowstone
Reviewed August 15, 2009

Stayed here instead of in the park as nothing was available in the park and what was didn't appeal to us. Bryan and Patty were friendly. We stayed in the Kitchen Unit and it was comfortable with a full kitchen. Would recommend staying here.

Reviewed August 12, 2009

Once again, Trip Advisor steered us in the right direction. The Alpine Motel is the top rated motel in West Yellowstone, and after staying there, I can well understand why. Our hosts, Brian and Patty Watson, truly love running the Alpine and cater to their guests. Upon arrival, the couple greeted us, promptly checked us in, and provided dining recommendations, all of which were spot on. I also asked them several questions about the area. All of our questions were answered with the utmost professionalism, knowledge, and friendliness. These people had all the time in the world for their guests. Then, Brian took the time to show us to our room. How often does this happen? Frankly, I don't think I've ever been shown to a room. He explained the heating/air conditioning system and room features and left us to settle in.

We reserved a 2nd floor, two room suite that had a full bed, tv, microwave and refrigerator int the first room and a queen bed, desk, and 2nd tv in the 2nd room. There was a large bathroom that connected to the 2nd room, and loads of closet space. The room was immaculately clean and very modern.

Brian and Patty kept the office area well stocked with gatorade powdered drink mix, gum, candy, and granola. They also made excellent coffee that my dh truly enjoyed. The minute anyone stopped in the office, they were right there, ready to help. Even if we didn't need assistance, we enjoyed talking to them about our daily activities, great dining, or just about anything in general.

The Watsons also give all their guests a care package with granola bars, sample shampoos, lotions, toothpaste, and much more. This is a very nice touch and once again, shows they go the extra mile with guests.

It should be noted that the Watsons maintain the property themselves. There are no other employees. Brian takes care of the grounds, and Patty cleans all the rooms herself. It's amazing what this couple accomplishes in a day.

The only negative aspect of this property would be the parking. It is pretty tight, but unfortunately, there isn't too much that can be done about this, as I don't see how the design of the property could be changed. This would not stop me from staying here. As long as you take your time and watch your space, you will be fine.

We stayed here for a total of 3 nights, and honestly, we wished it could have been longer. The room was an excellent value, very spacious, clean, and comfortable. Our daughter could have her own space, which was a huge plus. Upon check-out, the Watsons shook our hands, thanked us for staying with them, and genuinely asked us to return again. Once again, how often does this happen?

If we return to the West Yellowstone area, I would not hesitate staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank slrtravelplanner
Reviewed August 11, 2009

The Alpine Motel in West Yellowstone and the owners Brian and Patty made our trip. This is a Four Star Hotel that is a Motel with the friendly feeling of a bed and breakfast, Four of us rode our motorcycles to Yellowstone National Park. We met up with two other friends who were returning from South Dakota. On our arrival at this little motel and upon meeting the owners, we were instantly made to feel like family. Brian calls everyone "Buddy" but truly makes you feel like a long lost friend. Patty is also as friendly and does all possible to ensure that rooms are clean and well appointed and your stay comfortable, they made cleaning supplies and a place available for us to wash our motorcycles (without charge). The motel is right off the main strip, close walking distance to shopping and dinning Thank You so much Brian and Patty for our wonderful stay,

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 11, 2009

I am not suprised that this the best palce to stay in West Yellowstone. The owners could not have been more pleasant and friendly. The 2 room apartment we stayed in was spotlessly clean with a fridge, microwave and coffee maker - a toaster would have been nice though. The only negative thing was the soundproofing as you could hear showers running next door and people talking sometimes which if it was late at night was rather disturbing. Despite that, we would have no hesitation in recommending the Alpine Motel and would definitely stay there again. Thank you Patty and Brian for your hospitality.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2009

I stayed here during a recent trip to Yellowstone and it was a great base camp. The hotel was only about 5 minutes from the west entrance of the park. I was drawn here by high ratings on Tripadvisor and low prices. I ended up paying about seventy bucks a night for a very basic room that was completely spotless. The owners were extremely accommodating and went to great lengths to make us feel welcome and right at home. In fact, the personal service we received was worth at least one extra "circle" in my rating. Don't expect any frills. You get a basic room with a TV, heat/air, and a shower. I believe they also have suites or bigger rooms, but I went with the basic. Regardless, I spent twelve hours a day in the park and another few at dinner and breakfast so I really just needed a place to sleep. I would highly recommend this place to anyone visiting Yellowstone, and would stay here again when I go back.

1  Thank accountant_guy
Reviewed August 2, 2009

Wow! I have nothing but good things to say about this hotel. The owners are VERY friendly and helpful; we were met at the door with a handshake and a lot of information about the area. Seriously, stay here...you won't be disappointed. It's in the middle of town, the hotel has its own parking, everything's clean (the sheets smelled like softener and bleach), if you forgot your toiletries they have plenty for you, and the price is unbeatable. They have hot coffee/tea/chocolate all day and through the night at the lobby. I'm very happy and highly recommend staying here.

1  Thank areyouserious
Reviewed July 31, 2009

Alpine is an old, 1960s type motel that is immaculately clean and well maintained. Owners Brian and Patty are very accommodating, pleasant and totally committed to your being comfortable, cared for, and satisfied. Brian offers free, unlimited ice for your coolers. (My kids kept saying, "Dad, the people who run this motel are the nicest people I ever met!)

Beds are new and very comfortable.

Only warning I would give is to get a room with two queens. The rooms with two doubles have a very small bathroom and such a tiny shower (no tub) with a such a low positioned shower head that it is awkward to use.

Another plus is the location: Motel is located one-half block off the main drag so shopping/eating is walking distance. And the only late-night spot open in West Yellowstone, the Dairy Queen, is just around the corner from this motel.

No hesitatation at all in recommending this place.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family