All reviews little debbie packaged pastries granola bars city park budget option basic accommodation room was clean full size beds rooms are small instant oatmeal an older property within walking distance parking is tight ice machine fridge and microwave front office two nights
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

If you are looking for fancy dont bother.But if you want a clean place. Reasonably priced with owners that treat you like family,this is the place to stay.
Ex: I needed a needle and thread. She loaned me her sewing kit. Try getting that type of service at a chain. Brought back sweet memories from traveling in my childhood. Thanks to yall for making our stay enjoyable

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a small single story motel close to center of town conveniently near restaurants and shops within walking distance. The rooms are arranged in a U-shape around a parking lot so you can park right in front of your room. Basic breakfast in included but very basic.

Reviewed August 27, 2019 via mobile

If you want luxury do not stay here. But rooms clean good wifi and tv, easy access to park, everything u need is here in compact space. Yes the rooms are small but here u only sleep in your room. Parking tight if u have a big vehicle but street parking also easy. Breakfast more a collection of snack bars I eat as I drive into the park, or McD just down the street. I have stayed several times, come for the value!

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank OntarioCanuck1
Reviewed August 16, 2019

The One Horse Inn is an older motel, single story, similar to what I would call an old roadside inn. Typical cinder block construction which provides decent insulation from the weather and sounds from adjacent units. The room was small, freshly painted, offered a microwave, moderate sized fridge, writing table, bedside table, a small dresser, queen bed, overhead room fan, air conditioning, heating and a small updated bathroom. There is no in-room coffee maker. Due to the age of construction there were few electrical connections and one needed to be very patient for hot water to arrive. The room was quite clean and the bed was comfortable. They offer a sparse continental breakfast consisting of coffee, hot water and tea and hot chocolate, packaged breakfast sweets, Quaker oatmeal, and breakfast food bars. The staff was friendly although not often present. Parking for some units is very tight. They have a hose available for guests to wash their cars. Given all of this, the One Horse Inn is without a doubt the best one will find that is affordable, clean, and meets ones basic needs while visiting Yellowstone.

1  Thank LarsLeeIsMe
Reviewed August 6, 2019

Our room was clean but we had to sleep with the nasty odor of an old room for 4 nights since all lodging in the area are booked. 4 air fresheners helped a little. We were charged the first night (non-refundable) when we booked 5 months in advance and the remaining balance once we checked in. It's remodeled but not the same as the one on their website. It was just repainted. The office closes at 9 pm for check-ins and assistance.The AC and Heater are portable units which replaced the central unit of the building. I truly believe that this place should only have an overall rating of 3/5 considering it's nightly rate.

Room tip: Park your car in the motel early when you return from the park and walk to dine and shop.
Date of stay: July 2019
Michael L, Owner at One Horse Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2019

I am sorry you weren't happy with your room. Our rooms don't smell, the maids clean the rooms thoroughly every day. Our rates are very competitive for the area and of course you can always check out if you don't like the room. We don't hold anyone hostage. If you stayed for 4 nights I I guess you decided it wasn't that bad. Nothing was mentioned up at the front desk so we had no clue you were having any issues. There are always rooms available in West Yellowstone just not at the price we offer.