One Horse Motel
Moose Creek Inn(West Yellowstone)
$119
Best Western Weston Inn(West Yellowstone)(Great Value!)
$171
Kelly Inn West Yellowstone(West Yellowstone)(Great Value!)
$190
Gray Wolf Inn and Suites(West Yellowstone)(Great Value!)
$160
$149
Holiday Inn West Yellowstone(West Yellowstone)(Great Value!)
$189
$178
HolidayInn.com
Explorer Cabins at Yellowstone(West Yellowstone)(Great Value!)
$379
$259
Best Western Desert Inn(West Yellowstone)(Great Value!)
$185
$135
BestWestern.com
Yellowstone Park Hotel(West Yellowstone)(Great Value!)
$197
$164
Orbitz.com
Yellowstone West Gate Hotel(West Yellowstone)(Great Value!)
$160
Super 8 West Yellowstone(West Yellowstone)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewspackaged snacksgranola barsin townnice towelsfridge and microwavewithin walking distanceroom was cleanstay there againrooms are smalltwo double bedsbit datedyellowstone parkwi filaundry facilitiesair conditionertwo nightsroad trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I have stayed in three motels in West Yellowstone in the last two weeks. This one is the best location in that it is easy walking distance to shopping and restaurants, but it is my least favorite of the three. Is okay, but furnishings leave much to be desired, walls are paper thin, and it just doesn't feel as clean as I would like. I would stay here again if necessary, but I would check some other places I'm familiar with first.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 15, 2012

While this may be an older property, they certainly do everything they can to keep it nice. Freshly painted rooms and it was very clean. Believe me, I check the cleanliness the minute I check in. Housekeeping appeared every day and did a great job. Bathroom was way nicer than I expected, rooms nice in a lodgey sort of way. Rooms were a little small, but you can't beat it for the price. Defintely worth the value and staff very friendly and helpful. Gave us good recommendations for food, cute little breakfast. They're trying really hard and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2012

In the previous night, all my family lived inside Yellowstone National Park in a room with only one bed. Thus, I had no idea that West Yellowstone, or Montana, had a strict limitation on room capacity. When we reached this motel, and the hostess (I guess) knew that the number of people exceeded the maximum capacity of the room, her attitude became extremely unfriendly, rude, terrible, offensive, and unacceptable. I still remember that when I negotiated with her, someone else (maybe the staff in the motel, I don't know) came in, and she quickly changed to a smile face and talked with that person. Then, she turned back to us, changing her face black again with an unexpected fast speed. I finally canceled this reservation and located in another motel. I really don't mind the economic losses accompanied with the cancellation; it was the very first time I saw a face like that from a hostess, and this was beyond my acceptance. Not recommended at all.
P.S. There was no choice for my correct travel time.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Ann L
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I'm not given to overtures of praise, but the One Horse Motel is a quaint, friendly, and stellar experience. I arrived late in December 2011 and stayed through the new year. It was a balmy -16 at night, and West Yellowstone was empty except for snowmobilers and holiday revelers. I was traveling alone and was greeted by Mike, the new motel owner and Renaissance Man. He and his family attended to my every need, and even went out of their way to cook me a home style dinner one night. Every morning, when fresh snow blanketed my car, one of Mike's relatives dusted the snow off and scraped the windows clear. The room was toasty, the bath water hot with great water pressure, and the room had the rustic feel of a cabin retreat. More than the room, the owners make this lodging experience a wonderful memory. The motel is centrally located and within easy walking distance of everything. Perhaps the best part of staying here is that one is able to patronize a local business, and that always rings true. There are more expensive places in west Yellowstone at which to stay, and those places may have pools and taxidermied bears, but there is none better for the money or redounding of western charm than the one family show that is the One Horse Motel. Btw: I'll be parking my car there again as a traveller in August.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Turgenev31
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Friendly folks. Clean room. Great for cost conscious Yellowstone travelers. Fishermen friendly. If I get the chance to go back and fish Yellowstone area I will stay here.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family