“Phenomenal service, gorgeous location!”
Review of Madison Arm Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in West Yellowstone
Madison Arm Resort
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We ended up here because all other campsites were full, and we really lucked out! I will definitely be back, even if there are campsites in Yellowstone available. I was with three other women, and we weren't worried at all about not having men with us, the staff took such good care of us. Thank you to Shigeko, Dood, and Beverly, and everyone else!

Hot showers, flush toilets, bear-proof dumpsters, beautiful lake, boats for rent, nice little store with any necessities you forgot.

The dirt road leading to the camp is actually quite fun if you take it at 25-35 mph, and it is definitely worth the drive. Love this place.

Room Tip: Talk with the staff about what you're looking for, and they'll help you find what will work...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Amy G

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed in the cabin for three nights. Let's get to the con first. The resort is not in the town. It takes about 15 minutes drive from West Yellowstone. And their cabin is a little out of date. However, comparing to the pro, I don't think it's a big deal though. The view of the lake and forest is absolutely beautiful. It is great to sit on the chair in front of our cabin and read a book for a whole day. And although the cabin is kind of old, it feels like home, very clean and comfortable. We would like to stay in such place rather than some luxury hotels. And the most important thing I wanna point out is their service. During our stay, there was nothing special. The stuffs are friendly and helpful, like some other places. But a week after going back home, I suddenly got a call from one of their stuffs, asking if I lost something during my trip in Yellowstone. Well, I did lose my $200+ headset during the trip and I thought it's gonna be lost forever. They said they found it in the cabin, and called everyone lived in this cabin during the weeks. And they mailed it back to me without letting me pay anything. What a great service! So trust me, the 15 mins drive is worthy. The place is quiet, clean, comfortable, plus excellent view and great service. I will definitely go back to this place next time.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Derek Z
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a quick trip (2 nights) in West Yellowstone. We only live two hours away. We decided to go at the last minute so did very little research and just hoped for the best. It is true that the road to the resort is a bit rough but the drive is well worth it. The campground is immaculate. The scenery is breathtaking! Pictures can hardly do it justice. We rented a boat to fish one day, which was a lot of fun! We are excited to bring our kids (20, 17, 14, & 12). If there is a downside it would be that the sites are very close together. We are used to camping in parks where there is a little more room. It is a perfect setting if you are with several friends or families. We got the impression that many of their guests have been coming for years and even the guests were friendly and outgoing. The customer service is outstanding and the prices are very completive especially for being near West Yellowstone. Our family also owns an RV park and we understand all that goes into running one along with the cost of operating this type of business...Madison Arm is a great value. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank IdahoJewels
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I stayed here in early July and loved the place! It's away from the busy parking lot style campgrounds that seem to be abundant around the Yellowstone area. The resort including the washrooms was very clean and the staff was extremely friendly. Most importantly the campground is located right on a beautiful beach in the thick pines and the fishing was excellent. Overall the atmosphere was great and I'm looking forward to returning!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank conservationistmt77
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Well, as I said in my title, whether you stay here or not depends on what your agenda is. I stayed here 4 nights in a cabin with 2 family members and it was not our cup of tea. We spent most of our day in Yellowstone. Here are a few things you should know:
1.Our cabin did not have AC
2.The water was brown and stunk (iron)
3. The cabin was TINY! and walking up the ladder to the loft was not fun, especially if you have to use the bathroom in the middle of the night
4. You have to drive about 5 miles down a windy, dirt road from the main road. Our car was filthy
5. Our shower has the WORST shower curtain EVER! It wound all the way around the tub and literally touched every inch of your body as you showered. There's no getting around that unless you take a bath.
We paid $200 a night, which was pricey, considering we had no intention of using the lake.
The staff was VERY friendly
If you plan to use the lake, this is the perfect place for you, but if you're not an "outdoorsy" person, you probably want to get a hotel room.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2013

First to get to the campground you drive down a washboard dirt road for six miles through burnt out forest, which was not a great first impression. We made a last minute reservation with the campground. $42 for 4 people in a tent, (no electric or water) a night. Plus a launch and moorage fee for our boat which we only used one time, due to the thunderstorms every day we were there. We enjoyed the lake very much, but we will look at other places if we ever return to the area. The site we had was right on the water. We were so close to other campers, it was uncomfortable, we felt obligated to socialize with everyone, which is not ' a camping out' experience if you are looking to get away. The staff was friendly, and constantly cleaning all the dirt and bugs out of the bathrooms. The bathrooms need remodeled, the stalls are made for small people for sure. We felt bad for a few people near us they were setting up their tent right behind people sitting around their fire ring which was right outside their camper door, they were separated by a log. :-/. The family they were with was right behind our site; there was barely any room to park, and live out of your vehicle. Which is another thing, the owners will go through the camp around 11-11:30 pm and look and go thru anything you have out, because of the bears, so plan on leaving Everything ( coolers, water containers, dishes, toiletries, stoves) in your car, at all times, it was definitely not a relaxing camping experience. There is a designated dish wash area, again right in front of a camp site, where they sit out and are forced to say hi. Overall it was a nice place, but expensive for the drive, and very dirty crowded camp.

Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank MaryRose L
Reviewed July 8, 2013

A very interesting "campground." As a local to the area, I was very disappointed with a very inauthentic experience. If you're looking for a parking lot to put your RV within 6 feet of another RV then I'm sure it's great. Tent sites were less than 10 feet between fire rings, and your only privacy between tents (equally close) is a scattering of mature pines that offer as much sound blocking as a telephone pole. We felt like we had to speak in hushed tones the entire day for risk of eavesdropping from surrounding campers (and our immediately adjacent campsites were even empty!). Bathrooms were two stalls for the entire campground, which is probably less than 10 acres with what must have been around 60 'campsites'. I honestly think campgrounds in the park would be less crowded. The staff were nice enough I guess-they wouldn't let us set up our tent until they had 'cleaned our campsite' (swept up the pine needles???)
The one plus was the beautiful location: on a very quiet, secluded arm of Hebgen. The water is a nice luke-warm cold from the nearby Firehole River flowing in (I think), and the little bay there is nice for swimming with kids. They have a little beach-ish area with buoys set up for that. Bring a hack-saw and you can grab some slash out of the burn scar on the way in to the resort for firewood. But in any event, you're better off paying less for 3X more bathrooms and 10X more space at nearby forest service campgrounds (sorry, no shower. but come on- you're camping!) Recreation.gov is a great site to reserve those.
All in all, I can't believe we paid so much to sleep on the ground in this weird parking lot campground...

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends