“Good BBQ”
Review of Beartooth Barbecue

Beartooth Barbecue
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Washington
“Good BBQ”
Reviewed May 25, 2009

Nice little place in town. Was quite busy for the Memorial Day weekend, but we found some seats at the bar.
Portions are big, my wife, daughter, and I split 2 plates, a mix of Sausage and Brisket. The sides were interesting, a little spice kick added to the beans, and the slaw was an interesting tart twist.
Not mind blowing BBQ, but good. Slightly higher than what i would have like to have paid, but the service was good.

SLC, UT
“Barbecue That's Un-Be-Freakin-Lievable”
Reviewed January 22, 2009

I'm sorry, but I'm a BBQ hound and I haven't had better yet. My wife's from North Carolina, I studied in St. Louis, and we visit my sister every year in Texas. I don't care where you're from or what style you prefer, this place has something for everyone. To be sure, there's no frills (the joint used to be called the Silver Spur Saloon), but what there is... is heaping piles of everything from ribs and chicken to terrific brisket and pulled pork.

This is one of those places you just know should show up on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives. Everything is made from scratch. They've got killer beans, great slaw, and the best potato salad I've ever had. We also tried the fried pickles, and I was hooked. Don't even get me started on the sweet and tangy or hot and spicy homemade bbq sauce. Even our three and nine year old daughters were up to their elbows in sloppy goodness.

So... if you're mouth's watering for some excellent barbecue, skip the Gusher, forget about Bullwinkles, bypass the Three Bears, and don't even consider the Stagecoach. Bear Tooth is your best bet in the West (and not just Yellowstone)!

Richmond, Virginia
“A good chocie”
Reviewed October 1, 2008

My husband and I ate dinner here on our recent trip to the area and really enjoyed it. I got the ribs with potato salad, and he chose the pulled pork with fries. Both meals were good. The service was quick and the atmosphere casual. Unlike some reviewers, I wouldn't consider Beartooth over priced. Another great thing about Beartooth is their selection of area beer. This is the perfect place to relax and refuel after a day full of hiking in Yellowstone.

Idaho
“So So food, high prices, mediocre service”
Reviewed August 15, 2008

I had dinner at Beartooth Barbecue on August 9th,2008.
I had the brisket plate. The meat was luke warm. The cole slaw was advertised as an "Oil and Vinegar" slaw. I ordered it because I thought it would not contain mayo. It did. When I asked the server if I could swap the cole slaw for BBQ beans, he replied ,"We don't swap". So much for pleasing the customer.
The side dishes to choose from were a little odd, Tobouli salad,
lousy cole slaw, BBQ beans or fries. Green salad is 3.00 extra. No baked potato. I don't think I would go back.

Illinois
“Possibly the best barbecue I've eaten!”
Reviewed August 14, 2008

OK, so I'm from Chicago, home of many a fine barbecue joint, but this place had such a pulled pork BBQ that I am still dreaming of it! Terrific sauce in spicy or regular, all the right sides including some homemade white bread with beautiful texture. The staff was fast and friendly. I thought the menu was more than reasonable and the portions were generous.

Can't write more it's making me soooo hungry!