Three Bears Lodge was an excellent rest stop between 2 days of traveling and my entrance into Yellowstone NP. Staff was really friendly; reservation and check-in easy. Room was plenty spacious (2 beds, good storage space, chair and table, just-fine bathroom, fridge) and definitely clean, with all that I needed to get comfortable and rested. Price was good for this area. The lobby is attractive, but I didn't spend time there or (alas) in the hot tub.
I had dinner in the restaurant and found the food pretty mediocre but the ambience was pleasant, prices reasonable, noise level unoffensive, and staff friendly.
The only glitch was the TV reception sputtered in and out. It's ironic, because I hardly ever watch TV, but that was all I had energy for during my stay at Three Bears.
For the winter, when the crowds are lower (but the snowmobiles loud) and the walking around more challenging, I thought the location worked well. Near enough to the Xanterra snow coach departure spot and restaurants etc. I hiked a bit to get to the Running Bear Pancake House but it was worth it (order the pancakes, not the omelets.)
The lodge also organizes their own snowcoach outings, I believe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lodge constructed in 2009 and the Motel rooms remodeled in 2011. From the moment you approach this impressive Lodge, you will realize it is no ordinary hotel. From the massive volcanic rock, log, and beam exterior, through the dramatic lobby and reclaimed materials in the common areas — you will know you are in for a unique experience. As you open the door to your spacious and comfortable room you will be enraptured by the handmade furniture crafted with reclaimed wood from the original 1932 building.Outdoor swimming pool is open during the summer months. Be sure to stop next door and experience our famous Three Bear Restaurant for breakfast and dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Three Bear Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Three Bear Hotel West Yellowstone
- 3 Bear Lodge
- Three Bear West Yellowstone